Another Idzik is coming

UnitedWhofans

Woody is going to fire Maccagnan next year if they get off to another bad start. And since he tried getting the personnel guy at GM, he's going to go back to the John Idzik's of the world. And into more mediocrity and lack of drafting.

Even if Mac eventually turns out to be a failure, we all should be rooting for him. Because it's back to the Idzik's of he fails

Just now, BigRy56 said:

Maccagnan is not getting fired.

Bowles might, I don't even think Mac's seat is warm right now. GM is a whole different lifecycle in comparison to head coaches.

Yeah I have to agree.  Maccs not getting fired.  Hopefully Bowles does though!

5 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

I don't even think Mac's seat is warm right now. GM is a whole different lifecycle in comparison to head coaches.

Really Brah? He's managed to draft two QBs worse than Geno.

Fcking rights his seat is warm.

29 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Bowles might, I don't even think Mac's seat is warm right now. GM is a whole different lifecycle in comparison to head coaches.

He may not be on the hot seat right now, but he absolutely should be part of the discussion.

He took a great financial situation and in less than two years turned it into a roster full of underachieving and overpaid vets with a bunch of question marks at best for the majority of his draft picks.

44 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Woody is going to fire Maccagnan next year if they get off to another bad start. And since he tried getting the personnel guy at GM, he's going to go back to the John Idzik's of the world. And into more mediocrity and lack of drafting.

Even if Mac eventually turns out to be a failure, we all should be rooting for him. Because it's back to the Idzik's of he fails

You really have been proven wrong the entire year with your pro Fitz, Bowles and Macc agendas. 

49 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

I don't think Macc is getting fired but to claim his seat isn't even warm is pretty dumb. He inherited a sh*t ton of money, a decent core of talented players, and a very high draft pick. He managed one good pick so far. It was that very same high draft pick. Outside of that, he's drafted a bunch of garbage...this far. Devin Smith can't play. Lorenzo is trash. Petty is clueless. Lee is nothing more than your average backup. He was beat like a drum today. Hack? Lol. Jenkins? Burris? I'll give him the punter and the three rookie WRs though. They all seem to be better than Devin Smith. 

Then he gave mega bucks to Revis, Mo and Fitz and in my opinion, these three are the reason we have stunk this year. Mo cant put pressure, Revis acts like he's the opposing QBs b*tch, and Fitz completes more passes to CBs than WRs. 

That seat is more than warm, sir. But he'll survive this year. If he goes below 8 wins next year with blowout losses, he'll be packing his sh*t too. Bowles is done. Jets aren't winning another game and I can't seem to remember the last time a HC survived a 3-13 season outside of Kotite. 

Is it possible to draft worse than Macc? A 4 year old could have taken Leonard after he fell into our lap at 6. Too early to judge last years class but it's not impressive so far . Overpaid on average FAs as well. Firing him doesn't mean we're getting Idzik back, but surely there's an upgrade out there to be found .

5 hours ago, Jet Life said:

Is it possible to draft worse than Macc? A 4 year old could have taken Leonard after he fell into our lap at 6. Too early to judge last years class but it's not impressive so far . Overpaid on average FAs as well. Firing him doesn't mean we're getting Idzik back, but surely there's an upgrade out there to be found .

How about backing up the truck for Wilkerson AFTER there were questions raised about his commitment?

8 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

But will Woody let him pick the next coach?  Or do we get the Wolf-Casserly Treatment again?

1 hour ago, Gen X Jet said:

How about backing up the truck for Wilkerson AFTER there were questions raised about his commitment?

I was really pissed when they paid him.  Almost as pissed as i was when they failed to trade him.  The other guys knew about Mo and would not pay top dollar.

9 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

Some sanity. I don't think bowles gets fired either.

12 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

Plus Bowles was not a Mac hire... They will give him a shot at his own coach before he is gone.

11 hours ago, j4jets said:

I don't think Macc is getting fired but to claim his seat isn't even warm is pretty dumb. He inherited a sh*t ton of money, a decent core of talented players, and a very high draft pick. He managed one good pick so far. It was that very same high draft pick. Outside of that, he's drafted a bunch of garbage...this far. Devin Smith can't play. Lorenzo is trash. Petty is clueless. Lee is nothing more than your average backup. He was beat like a drum today. Hack? Lol. Jenkins? Burris? I'll give him the punter and the three rookie WRs though. They all seem to be better than Devin Smith. 

Then he gave mega bucks to Revis, Mo and Fitz and in my opinion, these three are the reason we have stunk this year. Mo cant put pressure, Revis acts like he's the opposing QBs b*tch, and Fitz completes more passes to CBs than WRs. 

That seat is more than warm, sir. But he'll survive this year. If he goes below 8 wins next year with blowout losses, he'll be packing his sh*t too. Bowles is done. Jets aren't winning another game and I can't seem to remember the last time a HC survived a 3-13 season outside of Kotite. 

I don't believe that Mac is responsible for Revis, Mo, or Fitz.... they are Woody Johnson contracts... IMHO. But I agree he has not drafted well and he is made it worse but losing our compensatory picks by hiring jarvis jenkins and such before the deadline instead of waiting a few weeks.

8 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

I don't believe that Mac is responsible for Revis, Mo, or Fitz.... they are Woody Johnson contracts... IMHO. But I agree he has not drafted well and he is made it worse but losing our compensatory picks by hiring jarvis jenkins and such before the deadline instead of waiting a few weeks.

Other than "IMHO" I'm trying to find anything correct here:

• Maccagnan signed all those players.
  • There is no evidence whatsoever that Woody forced any of them against the better judgment of Maccagnan (and given his other moves he gets no such benefit of the doubt).
  • It seems we also aren't losing a pick for Jarvis Jenkins. 

Maccgnan is a lousy GM whose hit on a couple of things the same way any bad GM can hit on some players & draft picks. Even more so when one considers the sheer amounts thrown around and the high draft pick inherited with blue chip players available to us.

8 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

• There is no evidence whatsoever that Woody forced any of them against the better judgment of Maccagnan (and given his other moves he gets no such benefit of the doubt).

Maccgnan is a lousy GM whose hit on a couple of things the same way any bad GM can hit on some players & draft picks. Even more so when one considers the sheer amounts thrown around and the high draft pick inherited with blue chip players available to us.

No we aren't losing one anymore because he got cut, but we are because of Forte and McClendon. Both of which could have been signed later.

Yes Mac signed those players... But just because he signed them doesn't mean it was his call. Revis was being courted before he was a FA by Woody... there is writing on the wall... Sure I don't have evidence that proves it was Woody but given how much Woody missed Revis after we traded him was evident.

As for Mo and Fitz... the reason why I believe they were Woody signings is the sheer nature of how fast the contract happened and out of nowhere at the last minute. Sure I could be wrong... but watching how Woody consistently meddles year after year, why would this be any different.

Mac is learning on the job... I am not sure if he is good or bad yet. I am just saying those 3 contracts are iffy if they were Mac or not. Everything else I agree with... he has not drafted well and has made many mistakes.

18 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

And you don't have to be an ass about it because you don't agree...

32 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

No we aren't losing one anymore because he got cut, but we are because of Forte and McClendon. Both of which could have been signed later.

Yes Mac signed those players... But just because he signed them doesn't mean it was his call. Revis was being courted before he was a FA by Woody... there is writing on the wall... Sure I don't have evidence that proves it was Woody but given how much Woody missed Revis after we traded him was evident.

As for Mo and Fitz... the reason why I believe they were Woody signings is the sheer nature of how fast the contract happened and out of nowhere at the last minute. Sure I could be wrong... but watching how Woody consistently meddles year after year, why would this be any different.

Mac is learning on the job... I am not sure if he is good or bad yet. I am just saying those 3 contracts are iffy if they were Mac or not. Everything else I agree with... he has not drafted well and has made many mistakes.

One can court anyone one wants. Ultimately he's the GM and he guaranteed Revis some $40M. I am sympathetic to Woody Johnson sucking, but if his new GM delineated the reasons that it would be a poorly thought out acquisition there's no evidence that Woody said (or would have said) "I don't care how much he is or how bad of a contract it is, I want Revis back on the Jets."

Mo and Fitz are also purely on Maccagnan:

Maccagnan tried plenty to trade Mo for two offseasons. Despite the failure of his efforts, if Woody wanted him re-signed then Mo wouldn't have been on the trading block in the first place. Further, he'd surely have been locked up when the Jets were flush with cap space when Maccagnan took over.

Fitz's acquisition is also on Maccagnan for two reasons. One, because he's the one who set the market with the initial 3 yr offer with some $15M guaranteed. Next, he's doubly responsible because he didn't bring in anyone else to challenge Geno Smith for the #2 job, let alone challenge the anointed Fitzpatrick for the #1 job.

I don't know how much he's learning on the job, other than that's a term I myself throw around. Truth is there's no evidence he's learning anything, just like there's no evidence Woody is telling him what to do with regards to any individual player. 

Now with Forte and McLendon, it is unlikely either (let alone both) could have been signed in June. Forte was about to meet with New England when Maccagnan panicked into a contract offer. McLendon would have found work elsewhere. If not, he wouldn't have commanded even the $3M the Jets ponied up in March. Guys available after the deadline are typically players no one wants.

58 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

No they're not. Macc had a hard on for Fitz. Woody kicked off Revis and bringing him back had more to do with the Jets secondary being beat like a drum the year before. And if Woody wanted Mo to be paid, he could've asked Idzik or even Macc to do it a year ago.

5 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

One can court anyone one wants. Ultimately he's the GM and he guaranteed Revis some $40M. I am sympathetic to Woody Johnson sucking, but if his new GM delineated the reasons that it would be a poorly thought out acquisition there's no evidence that Woody said (or would have said) "I don't care how much he is or how bad of a contract it is, I want Revis back on the Jets."

Maccagnan tried plenty to trade Mo for two offseasons. Despite the failure of his efforts, if Woody wanted him re-signed then Mo wouldn't have been on the trading block in the first place. Further, he'd surely have been locked up when the Jets were flush with cap space when Maccagnan took over.

Fitz's acquisition is also on Maccagnan for two reasons. One, because he's the one who set the market with the initial 3 yr offer with some $15M guaranteed. Next, he's doubly responsible because he didn't bring in anyone else to challenge Geno Smith for the #2 job, let alone challenge the anointed Fitzpatrick for the #1 job.

I don't know how much he's learning on the job, other than that's a term I myself throw around. Truth is there's no evidence he's learning anything, just like there's no evidence Woody is telling him what to do with regards to any individual player. 

Now with Forte and McLendon, it is unlikely either (let alone both) could have been signed in June. Forte was about to meet with New England when Maccagnan panicked into a contract offer. McLendon would have found work elsewhere. If not, he wouldn't have commanded even the $3M the Jets ponied up in March. Guys available after the deadline are typically players no one wants.

I disagree... to each their own.

9 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

In all of this the Fitz deal matters the least because it was one year and the long term we're totally screwed here wouldnt have been any different if any of the other QB's started. The team sucks and all 4 of the QB's suck.

I love that anytime someone brings up Maccagnan's worst contracts, people hand-wave it away with "Woody did it." Meanwhile, when people ripped Woody for forcing Idzik to keep Rex, Bradway, and Bauer, the response from the brain trust around here was that Idzik should stop being such a pussy.

19 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I love that anytime someone brings up Maccagnan's worst contracts, people hand-wave it away with "Woody did it." Meanwhile, when people ripped Woody for forcing Idzik to keep Rex, Bradway, and Bauer, the response from the brain trust around here was that Idzik should stop being such a pussy.

Taking these goons to church here. 

Archived