How many Jets players actually continued to play hard tonight?

long suffering jets fan

18 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

Lee

Rontez Miles

Anyone else?

Darron Lee is crap. 

Kyle Wilson at a different position. Sometimes in position to make a play on the ball but never does because he won't turn his head around.  I am getting closer to slapping him with the bust label.

2 hours ago, RoadFan said:

Darron Lee is crap. 

Kyle Wilson at a different position. Sometimes in position to make a play on the ball but never does because he won't turn his head around.  I am getting closer to slapping him with the bust label.

Darron Lee is a rookie, it was always going to take time . ( not an easy position to transition from college to the pro game) .  Just because you can run very fast , doesn't mean you can cover in the NFL.

See Myles Jack who without longterm knee problems would have maybe went into the top five.   He has struggled , but the Jaguars aren't given up on him .( just takes time for some positions .

8 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Darron Lee is a rookie, it was always going to take time . ( not an easy position to transition from college to the pro game) .  Just because you can run very fast , doesn't mean you can cover in the NFL.

See Myles Jack who without longterm knee problems would have maybe went into the top five.   He has struggled , but the Jaguars aren't given up on him .( just takes time for some positions .

Please don't lecture me about "taking time."  I don't subscribe to that notion.  Not one bit. I can tell early if a guy can play or not.  Lee was drafted to be a cover LB.  He isnt big enough to cover NFL TEs. Even when he is close enough to make a play, they wrestle the ball from him. Part of that is also his lack of awareness. Turning your head around is instinctual, not learned.  A Pop Warner kid will try to locate the ball when in coverage.  Like I said, Kyle Wilson.

I have watched the Jets wait years for stiffs like Gholston, Coples, Stephen Hill, Milliner, McDougle, Pryor, Amaro.  They better cut Devin Smith in August if he doesn't show marked improvement.  Meanwhile they cut good, hard-working UDFA guys like Woodhead.

High draft pick status is irrelevant after year two. 

12 hours ago, long suffering jets fan said:

Revis I think continued to play hard just out of pride, but he just doesn't have it anymore. 

Thinking Revis played hard is to say you really didn't watch the game. Revis ran right past Moncrief in the third quarter on a short little pass that Revis allowed to go for a big gain. That was just ONE play of many that Revis allowed. He is an embarrassment to himself, Jets fans and the organization and should be cut immediately after the season is over. Along with Fitz, Richardson, Pryor, Gilchrist, Clady, Geno and several other pretenders.

9 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

I don't care how hard Rontez Miles played, he was awful and was responsible for multiple coverage breakdowns.  )

Miles - like Pryor - is an in-the-box type safety that has NO BUSINESS in coverage. His speed is questionable as is his 'mentality' in coverage. He should be one of many cuts made at seasons end.

12 hours ago, RoadFan said:

Darron Lee is crap. 

I prefer to give the guy a pass. He is on a team that is NOT cohesive or playing with a lot of pride or intensity right now. He is on an island trying to cover - not only TE's but WR's - and that should not be except the Jets have the worst secondary in pro football. Not one guy in this secondary can I say anything good about. It looked like Marcus Williams was an up and comer, but was exposed this year in man coverage. Skrine sucks, Gilchrist is on a milk container and Revis has mailed it in. Big changes need to be made in Jet land.

45 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Please don't lecture me about "taking time."  I don't subscribe to that notion.  Not one bit. I can tell early if a guy can play or not.  Lee was drafted to be a cover LB.  He isnt big enough to cover NFL TEs. Even when he is close enough to make a play, they wrestle the ball from him. Part of that is also his lack of awareness. Turning your head around is instinctual, not learned.  A Pop Warner kid will try to locate the ball when in coverage.  Like I said, Kyle Wilson.

I have watched the Jets wait years for stiffs like Gholston, Coples, Stephen Hill, Milliner, McDougle, Pryor, Amaro.  They better cut Devin Smith in August if he doesn't show marked improvement.  Meanwhile they cut good, hard-working UDFA guys like Woodhead.

The idea of predicting a Jets player to bust is hardly some sort of great insight, it's playing the odds.  Yet there are always those folks who want to pat themselves on the back for being the first one to start carrying on about how much a guy sucked.  I could start saying that now about the next draft's first rounder, and regardless of who it ends up being, odds are I'll still probably end up being right.

I also can't help but laugh at trying to make some sort of big case about guys "like Woodhead", as if there's a long list of them.  There's one such guy in (somewhat) recent history, and it's just Woodhead.  He was a #4 RB who was horrifically awful on special teams, and so got cut over 6 years ago.  That hardly qualifies as some sort of trend.  I think it's fairly safe to say that he would hardly be some great difference-maker for this sh*t-show of a team.  The vast majority of guys the Jets give up on turn out to suck just as much for other teams, and that's assuming they even get to play in the NFL again.

None of this is in defense of the Jets mind you, it's all just further proof that they flat-out suck, but that doesn't do anything to justify some of the great conspiracy theories.

Jets players who continue to play hard is a short one indeed. The list of players that need to - or should - be exited next season is a very long one. Fitz, Geno, Clady, Giacomini, Brandon Marshall, Julian Stanford, Calvin Pryor, Darrelle Revis, Miles, Sheldon Richardson, Gilchrist, Skrine and Devon Smith. That's a good start.

1 minute ago, Ex-Rex said:

Jets players who continue to play hard is a short one indeed. The list of players that need to - or should - be exited next season is a very long one. Fitz, Geno, Clady, Giacomini, Brandon Marshall, Julian Stanford, Calvin Pryor, Darrelle Revis, Miles, Sheldon Richardson, Gilchrist, Skrine and Devon Smith. That's a good start.

Brandon Marshall stays Jalin Marshall should go,

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Brandon Marshall stays Jalin Marshall should go,

One problem I see with Brandon Marshall..when Fitz got benched in the second half, there was Marshall doing route waves with his hands while talking to.....FITZPATRICK!!!

Why wasn't he talking to Petty and getting on the same page with the kid? Marshall is on the downside of his career and it showed this season with many drops and smiles coming after them. He also is one of the poorest 'leaders' on this team. I'll stand by my judgement that he has to go.

Just now, Ex-Rex said:

One problem I see with Brandon Marshall..when Fitz got benched in the second half, there was Marshall doing route waves with his hands while talking to.....FITZPATRICK!!!

Why wasn't he talking to Petty and getting on the same page with the kid? Marshall is on the downside of his career and it showed this season with many drops and smiles coming after them. He also is one of the poorest 'leaders' on this team. I'll stand by my judgement that he has to go.

A good head coach would have handled that last night. Marshall is a flip flopper he will improve his attitude once we start winning again. 

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

Yeah but this is year one. I agree he looks dreadful at this point. I actually thought he looked like he was playing faster earlier this year on spot duty. Can't over look the fact that the entire defense is dog crap so it makes sense every player out there stinks. I'm ready to quit on the entire lot of them to be perfectly honest. Yet writing Lee off as a bust right now is a reasonable response to what we have seen, but I would rather see some of the veteran  players who are playing like they can't wait for the off season be dealt with. Give the kid another year and if he doesn't improve I will be right there with you. 

I'm actually warming to bringing Tom Coughlin in, for a year or two and develop a younger guy of his choice. 

He's a ball buster and won't take any sh*t from Mo and Co. Someone needs to be cut. I'd cut Revis just to show them anyone can get fired.

They need to at least try, I'm not seeing this. No way does Bowles should get a 3rd year, even Woody can't be that dumb. 

12 hours ago, sirlancemehlot said:

David harris   

Because he's David harris  

He just keeps coming.  young harris.  old harris.  doesn't matter  he doesn't care   

He just keeps playing hard

Because he doesn't know how not to.  I love this guy.  he's the only bet worth keeping 

Was Harris active last night?  A great Jet, but he is done.  He looks like he is wearing cement shoes.

Archived