Chad C Calls for Bowles to be FIRED on SNY

Ken Schroy

22 minutes ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

And when Hack takes over next season and begins leading us out of the desert Everyone and their Mothers will get to see the above post repeated about a thousand times

I agree with you. He is going to be a good QB.  Even if he doesn't see the field as a starter until 2018, which is ok with me, he will only be 23. 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The same old merry go round. This is where the GM fires the HC and Woody and Mac sit in front of the cameras right after the new year and explain that they will be doing a search, which will turn into who WANTS to even work for Johnson or even want to start off their NFL HC'ing career with the Jets. Woody Johnson should take the political appointment and sell the team to people who know what they are doing. I swear I wish Maxman could afford to buy this team. he runs JN better than Johnson runs the Jets and cares a whole hell of a lot more ABOUT the team. 

I think Lee was picked because bowles kept talking about "Speed" and getting faster and I think Macc was simply drafting for his coach when there was not obvious higher grade falling to him.

Macc is learning on the job big time, we are living with his Rookie GM mistakes, I think there is a pretty big learning curve with that job, he clearly overpaid for Hack and moving up to get Shell was bad as well.   But he has hit some of his picks right on, and looks like he has an eye for talent.  I am ok with keeping him, but would prefer to have him pick the Coach and let them sink or swim together.

This was a bad idea by Woody, he's not a strong enough NFL guy to handle both sides of the house to monitor Coach and GM.

2 hours ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

And when Hack takes over next season and begins leading us out of the desert Everyone and their Mothers will get to see the above post repeated about a thousand times

I wonder if all the QB expert fans who are killing Macc over this pick will do the same spin as they have done after lecturing all about the virtues of one Ryan Fitzpatrick 

Just now, Jet Nut said:

I wonder if all the QB expert fans who are killing Macc over this pick will do the same spin as they have done after lecturing all about the virtues of on Ryan Fitzpatrick 

My guess is yes especially if they are right. Anyone who saw anything good come out of Ryan Fitzpatrick well I don't know what to tell you.

6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

He also said that he shouldn't be fired.

Westhoff strongly agreed that he shouldn't get fired.

Favorite part was when Westhoff said if Woody got the ambassador gig, he wanted to take over ownership while Woody was away.

It's unfortunate that Westoff was never given an opportunity to be a head coach in the league. Smart, hard-nosed, football guy.

Touching moment last night on the post game show, when he started to break down while talking about his former player, Joe McKnight.

Seems like a good man that, at some point, should have been given a chance.

1 minute ago, Happy Clouds said:

It's unfortunate that Westoff was never given an opportunity to be a head coach in the league. Smart, hard-nosed, football guy.

Touching moment last night on the post game show, when he started to break down while talking about his former player, Joe McKnight.

I agree. He could come out of the booth and do a better job coaching this team next Sunday. Westoff was a great coach.

Just now, Happy Clouds said:

I caught that.  He was losing it and pulled it together at the last minute.  Always have liked Westy and agree, would have made a good HC IMO.  Sucks that the cancer and then age robbed him of that opportunity.

2 hours ago, section314 said:

I agree with you. He is going to be a good QB.  Even if he doesn't see the field as a starter until 2018, which is ok with me, he will only be 23. 

ffs, why not make it 2025.  Players just do not ascend like that, it almost never happens.  While the team is waiting these years for the guy to 'get gud' a new regime will come or vet qbs will be signed or some unheralded guy will show something.  Hacks only chance if they are giving that kind of time line is if we have a rash of injuries at Qb and he is forced to start.  The only QB's that can develop at that pace are on teams that have a franchise type QB and there is no pressure to get results.

The Jets don't have that so he is going to have to show something sooner than 2018 or he will be by passed.

11 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Exhibit B.

I wonder.  Parcells got us to the AFC Championship Game with Vinny.  Does anyone remember that Vinny was regarded as somehting of a bust before he came here?  A lot of great QBs never get there.  We need a great coach above all else.  Good luck with that, front office.

I wonder if all the QB expert fans who are killing Macc over this pick will do the same spin as they have done after lecturing all about the virtues of one Ryan Fitzpatrick 

They are both not the answer. Hackenberg was terrible at Penn State . All of a sudden he will light up the NFL. He was god awful in the preseason

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

13 hours ago, David Harris said:

Wow - that's surprising on a usual homer show.  Even if it's obvious, that's actually significant IMO, shows just how bad a job Bowles is doing.

Ray Lucas is no homer. He is one of the only sportscasters who actually tell it like it is.

11 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

Macc is not going anywhere...that's just silly

Bowels on the other hand has one foot on banana peel.  not sure he deserves to be fired but the media has turned on him and will be hard to survive that.

Geez after last night, it would be harder to defend keeping him than firing him. They come out every week and look just like he does. Moribund.

8 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

"We'll play the guys that want to play" doesnt say it all, but you cant coach stupid and lazy. This roster needs an enema. Bowles needs to sit these loser vets and they need to be gone. 

The problem is, he created this environment. And once you create an environment and then you start calling out players for not trying or playing hard, it's really hard to come back.  He's lost this team.  Nobody respects him.  Nobody cares.  He's created an environment where you can cash a big pay check and not give a **** about anything else and its acceptable.  You cant all of a sudden turn into a dictator after you've called the entire team out and they're going to respond.  He's allowed this type of behavior and attitude to go on all season long and now he's going to do something about it?  Give me a break.  It's long past the time to do something about it.  They've checked out and clearly dont give a **** about anything that Todd Bowles has to say.  They're not fighting for him to keep his job. 

This team is 100x worse under Todd Bowles than they've ever been under any coach in the history of the Jets.

14 hours ago, RSJ said:

Who decided to have him be thrown to? Enunwa has talent, Jenkins, Forte, Marshall. The team has talent. They are not being put in positions to succeed.

I think Lucas said it best: Petty got 3% of the practice reps with the second team. He kept throwing to Anderson because that's the only receiver he really worked with in practice. To not get Petty ready when your starter is crap and to not even dress your second round pick is just baffling. Why on earth did Mac draft him then?

The problem is we have too many players, especially vets who dont show up to play too often. When they do, we hang with New England, when we dont we get torched by Indy and Arz. All these players need to go if Bowles is kept on, or it'll be more of the same. Get rid of him, or get rid of the quitters.

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

The problem is we have too many players, especially vets who dont show up to play too often. When they do, we hang with New England, when we dont we get torched by Indy and Arz. All these players need to go if Bowles is kept on, or it'll be more of the same. Get rid of him, or get rid of the quitters.

I totally agree.  The jets brain trust has a decision to make and if they want to keep Bowles and or mac like they seem to want to they have to cut out ALL of the no effort dead wood and know we will be down for a few more years.

Its like with any business. You hire people in leadership roles because you trust their vision and skillset. If employees from the previous administration aren't even trying, you need to get rid of them and let new leadership fulfill their vision...or you get rid of the new bosses and find others. But you cant have it both ways.

Clean house, and if Bowles goes too, so be it. I wont lose any sleep, but he and Mac probably deserve a shot at building a team the right way without the shortcuts.

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Even with a new HC, how much hope can we have for next year when we don't have a QB and there isn't a "sure thing" in the draft.  We prob need to stink next year and hope we have a shot at a franchise QB next offseason. 

That is our only option and the option I thought we would take after we hired Bowles/Mac. Then free agency hit...and I thought ok well at least we can get our of these deals easily by 2017. But we and our coach specifically believed in this roster too much. The presence of a lot of these players hasn't helped the locker room. 

Expect and embrace losing the next two years. Be in a position to draft our QB in 2018 when there will be one worth taking, while still buiding the rest of the roster and saving $ to lock up any real talent we have or will have. 

I'm not for firing Bowles unless he completely loses this team the rest of the season. In other words if we see what we did last night for the final four games then you have to assume he's lost the team and that is a fire-able offense. Just going 4-12 or whatever is not after a ten win season. The thing about this season is last night was the fifth non competitive game we've been in.this year. Bowles after the game said only one blowout but there were five: KC, Seattle, Pittsburgh, Arizona and last night. That's too many. One at most two is tolerable. And this team was predicted talent wise to be a playoff contender this season. 

Drafting a QB in the 2nd round and not letting him even dress for one game so far is a terrible indictment of either how much of a project Hackenberg really is or how terrible our coaching staff is.  QB is the name of the game people.  No more stop gap veteran stiffs.  Keep drafting a QB until you find one.  For 2017, sign a YOUNG free agent (like Glennon) who MIGHT still develop into a legit NFL QB AND draft another QB. 

16 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

I'm for it.  Bowles doesn't have a feel for the pulse of his team.  He's strategically deficient.  His players have given up already.

It should be a slam dunk. He can't even handle a QB change properly. He makes the announcement in the press conference post game just to deflect questions about the teams play and doesn't even tell his QB's what he has done. Fitz obviously looked sideswiped when asked about the decision by the HC and Petty had no clue. Bowles is just a nice man in a tough profession that is in over his head.

4 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

It should be a slam dunk. He can't even handle a QB change properly. He makes the announcement in the press conference post game just to deflect questions about the teams play and doesn't even tell his QB's what he has done. Fitz obviously looked sideswiped when asked about the decision by the HC and Petty had no clue. Bowles is just a nice man in a tough profession that is in over his head.

Nice guys finish last. Bowles is in over his head he has no clue about being a head coach in the NFL we saw this for 2 seasons. Many failed to listen. 

Talent LOL we suck lack depth and Macc drafted poorly.
Robbie Anderson 1 TD don't let that fool you he's not that good.

Joe,
I know he has had some drops but he is a rookie adjusting to the NFL on the fly. I would give him another year with a better QB throwing to him. He has to learn to hold on to the ball and get his butt into the weight room this offseason. Yet, this kid has talent and is just a bit raw right now. The way be blows past CB is amazing another year and we might have a steal of a feee agent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, rammagen said:

it is also on bad drafting the previous yrs , it will not be fixed in one or two drafts. Mac has found players in his two drafts he deserves more time

I am not for firing Macc or TB. If one does go though, they should both go. I don't see how that would help the Jets

8 hours ago, JiF said:

The problem is, he created this environment. And once you create an environment and then you start calling out players for not trying or playing hard, it's really hard to come back.  He's lost this team.  Nobody respects him.  Nobody cares.  He's created an environment where you can cash a big pay check and not give a **** about anything else and its acceptable.  You cant all of a sudden turn into a dictator after you've called the entire team out and they're going to respond.  He's allowed this type of behavior and attitude to go on all season long and now he's going to do something about it?  Give me a break.  It's long past the time to do something about it.  They've checked out and clearly dont give a **** about anything that Todd Bowles has to say.  They're not fighting for him to keep his job. 

This team is 100x worse under Todd Bowles than they've ever been under any coach in the history of the Jets.

I would say it was worse under Kotite, in that second season - that was my impression of the time. Last night on MNF was definitely Kotitian.

Archived