Sign in to follow this  
Ken Shroy

Chad C Calls for Bowles to be FIRED on SNY

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.

Bowles has lost the players. When they won't play for the coach he's done. All the money dumped into that defense and they really stink. 

4 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Tbh if Robbie had a decent QB he would have like 5-8 TDS right now .. dude gets open deep alot

Yeah and he drops the ball a lot too. But he is a rookie so he kinda gets a pass. He will be OK.

We seem to be a roster comprised of over the hill veterans and really young guys who still need to develop their game, there are very few players I can think of who are in their prime. This is the result of years of poor drafting going back to the Idzik era, I think with this in mind Mcaggs deserves the benefit of the doubt for now having only had 2 drafts. Bowles on the other hand......sheesh I dunno.....he dosent seem like head coaching material to me.

that game was borderline unwatchable.  the only good thing was seeing petty come in against a team that is actually in the hunt for a playoff spot.  so it's not like the were playing prevent defense all the time once they built the lead.

as for bowles, he's got a lot of splaining to do.  that team was flat out flat for just about the whole game.  wilk?  richardson?  both were missing in action.  revis?  same old story we've seen the whole season.  he may not be done but he's clearly playing well below expectations. and as much as people may not want to believe it, missing pryor was a factor.  whatever he does, the defense plays better when he's in there.

should bowles be lanched?  the needle is certainly swinging that way. he's probably safe for next season.  if he does get launched who takes over?  can they get gruden? marrone? mac should stay.  he's going to find good draft picks and udfa's.  the free agents have been so-so.  they usually are.  anyone remember when the redskins went on that free agent binge a few seasons ago?  that didn't work out.  as it stands they may get a top 3 pick yet.

Everybody and their mother knew not to take Hackenberg in the early rounds. We were the only dopes

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

And when Hack takes over next season and begins leading us out of the desert Everyone and their Mothers will get to see the above post repeated about a thousand times

7 hours ago, Jet Life said:

Bowles and Macc should both be gone . Horrible . Idzik can outdraft Macc

I have no problem with Leonard Williams.  I do not dislike Lee but don;t get why we picked him?  We are using him as a plugger inside most of the time and he is not very strong.

6 minutes ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

And when Hack takes over next season and begins leading us out of the desert Everyone and their Mothers will get to see the above post repeated about a thousand times

I actually believe that he chose him late second because he thought someone was going to get him before we picked in the third.

22 minutes ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

I agree with you. He is going to be a good QB.  Even if he doesn't see the field as a starter until 2018, which is ok with me, he will only be 23. 

The same old merry go round. This is where the GM fires the HC and Woody and Mac sit in front of the cameras right after the new year and explain that they will be doing a search, which will turn into who WANTS to even work for Johnson or even want to start off their NFL HC'ing career with the Jets. Woody Johnson should take the political appointment and sell the team to people who know what they are doing. I swear I wish Maxman could afford to buy this team. he runs JN better than Johnson runs the Jets and cares a whole hell of a lot more ABOUT the team. 

I think Lee was picked because bowles kept talking about "Speed" and getting faster and I think Macc was simply drafting for his coach when there was not obvious higher grade falling to him.

Macc is learning on the job big time, we are living with his Rookie GM mistakes, I think there is a pretty big learning curve with that job, he clearly overpaid for Hack and moving up to get Shell was bad as well.   But he has hit some of his picks right on, and looks like he has an eye for talent.  I am ok with keeping him, but would prefer to have him pick the Coach and let them sink or swim together.

This was a bad idea by Woody, he's not a strong enough NFL guy to handle both sides of the house to monitor Coach and GM.

2 hours ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

I wonder if all the QB expert fans who are killing Macc over this pick will do the same spin as they have done after lecturing all about the virtues of one Ryan Fitzpatrick 

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

He should get 1000 yards with 1000 carries. 

Not behind that line.  Or with our lousy QB play

And again, he has a small cap hit.  He's not going anywhere.

Just now, Jet Nut said:

I wonder if all the QB expert fans who are killing Macc over this pick will do the same spin as they have done after lecturing all about the virtues of on Ryan Fitzpatrick 

My guess is yes especially if they are right. Anyone who saw anything good come out of Ryan Fitzpatrick well I don't know what to tell you.

1 minute ago, Happy Clouds said:

It's unfortunate that Westoff was never given an opportunity to be a head coach in the league. Smart, hard-nosed, football guy.

Touching moment last night on the post game show, when he started to break down while talking about his former player, Joe McKnight.

Seems like a good man that, at some point, should have been given a chance.

I agree. He could come out of the booth and do a better job coaching this team next Sunday. Westoff was a great coach.

Just now, Happy Clouds said:

It's unfortunate that Westoff was never given an opportunity to be a head coach in the league. Smart, hard-nosed, football guy.

Touching moment last night on the post game show, when he started to break down while talking about his former player, Joe McKnight.

Seems like a good man that, at some point, should have been given a chance.

I caught that.  He was losing it and pulled it together at the last minute.  Always have liked Westy and agree, would have made a good HC IMO.  Sucks that the cancer and then age robbed him of that opportunity.

2 hours ago, section314 said:

I agree with you. He is going to be a good QB.  Even if he doesn't see the field as a starter until 2018, which is ok with me, he will only be 23. 

ffs, why not make it 2025.  Players just do not ascend like that, it almost never happens.  While the team is waiting these years for the guy to 'get gud' a new regime will come or vet qbs will be signed or some unheralded guy will show something.  Hacks only chance if they are giving that kind of time line is if we have a rash of injuries at Qb and he is forced to start.  The only QB's that can develop at that pace are on teams that have a franchise type QB and there is no pressure to get results.

The Jets don't have that so he is going to have to show something sooner than 2018 or he will be by passed.

11 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Exhibit B.

I wonder.  Parcells got us to the AFC Championship Game with Vinny.  Does anyone remember that Vinny was regarded as somehting of a bust before he came here?  A lot of great QBs never get there.  We need a great coach above all else.  Good luck with that, front office.

I wonder if all the QB expert fans who are killing Macc over this pick will do the same spin as they have done after lecturing all about the virtues of one Ryan Fitzpatrick 

They are both not the answer. Hackenberg was terrible at Penn State . All of a sudden he will light up the NFL. He was god awful in the preseason

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

11 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

Macc is not going anywhere...that's just silly

Bowels on the other hand has one foot on banana peel.  not sure he deserves to be fired but the media has turned on him and will be hard to survive that.

Geez after last night, it would be harder to defend keeping him than firing him. They come out every week and look just like he does. Moribund.

8 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

"We'll play the guys that want to play" doesnt say it all, but you cant coach stupid and lazy. This roster needs an enema. Bowles needs to sit these loser vets and they need to be gone. 

The problem is, he created this environment. And once you create an environment and then you start calling out players for not trying or playing hard, it's really hard to come back.  He's lost this team.  Nobody respects him.  Nobody cares.  He's created an environment where you can cash a big pay check and not give a **** about anything else and its acceptable.  You cant all of a sudden turn into a dictator after you've called the entire team out and they're going to respond.  He's allowed this type of behavior and attitude to go on all season long and now he's going to do something about it?  Give me a break.  It's long past the time to do something about it.  They've checked out and clearly dont give a **** about anything that Todd Bowles has to say.  They're not fighting for him to keep his job. 

This team is 100x worse under Todd Bowles than they've ever been under any coach in the history of the Jets.

14 hours ago, RSJ said:

Who decided to have him be thrown to? Enunwa has talent, Jenkins, Forte, Marshall. The team has talent. They are not being put in positions to succeed.

I think Lucas said it best: Petty got 3% of the practice reps with the second team. He kept throwing to Anderson because that's the only receiver he really worked with in practice. To not get Petty ready when your starter is crap and to not even dress your second round pick is just baffling. Why on earth did Mac draft him then?