The Ryan Fitzpatrick era is over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joewilly12

Finally this weak armed scrub journeyman gypsy QB will never take another snap barring injury with the NY Jets

He is 1 of the worst NY Jets QB I have seen in my lifetime and I have seen many

If he comes out bashing this organization the Jets should suspend him and sign a Matt Flynn

He's a selfish individual who doesn't belong in the NFL and if it wasn't for the Jets he might not be.

Done over Ryan Fitzpatrick don't let the door hit you in the ass.

Fitzmagic the beard its over.

Indianapolis Colts at MetLife Stadium. (Ed Mulholland/USA Today Sports Images)

New York Jets head coach Todd Bowles named Bryce Petty the starting quarterback for the remainder of the regular season, barring injury, after he replaced Ryan Fitzpatrick midway through Monday's 41-10 loss to the Indianapolis Colts.

Bowles said he planned to name Petty the team's starting quarterback for the rest of the year regardless of what happened Monday, adding that Fitzpatrick's ineffectivenes -- 5-for-12, 81 yards, no touchdowns and one interception -- did not factor into the decision.

Petty completed 11 of 25 passes for 135 yards with one touchdown and two interceptions as he replaced Fitzpatrick for the second half, entering in a 31-3 game. 

He completed 2 of 6 passes on his first drive, threw an interception on his second and threw a 40-yard touchdown to Robby Anderson on his third. His final pass was an interception at his own 22-yard line.

"I'm gonna work my ass off," Petty said, according to Newsday's Kimberley A. Martin, after the game when he found out he would be the starting quarterback.

Fitzpatrick said he didn't find out he wouldn't be the team's starting quarterback until after the game prior to talking to the media.

"I didn't get the job done ... I have to do as much to help [Petty] as I can," Fitzpatrick said.

Asked about what his future with the Jets is, Fitzpatrick said, "Looking at my situation, I don't really care about the big picture," according to NFL.com's Conor Orr.

it's about time

giphy.gif

Great leadership by Bowles making this decision early.  Some may question Bowles for pulling Fitz so soon, but trust me, the signs are there if you look hard enough.  Believe it or not, Fitz may not be all that good.

Think I may even go to one of the last two games to see the youngin's play.

Just now, Mike135 said:

giphy.gif

Great leadership by Bowles making this decision early.  Some may question Bowles for pulling Fitz so soon, but trust me, the signs are there if you look hard enough.  Believe it or not, Fitz may not be all that good.

Think I may even go to one of the last two games to see the youngin's play.

1 down 1 to go I wont return to the stadium until Todd Bowles is gone.

2 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

Now that that's over with , we have the Petty,Hack, whatever other vet bum we sign next year (Hoyer ?) era to look forward too. Woohoo!?

Anyone but Ryan Fitzpatrick is ok by me 6 teams in 12 years has never made the playoffs the NFL's biggest choke job.

Now that that's over with , we have the Petty,Hack, whatever other vet bum we sign next year (Hoyer ?) era to look forward too. Woohoo!

As a Jets fan you have to know what it's like to be patient. The New York Jets will find their QB in 2018...Darnold, Jackson and Rosen. We'll be so bad next year we'll have a legit shot at a true franchise QB, no intentional tanking necessary. It'll happen eventually, it's bound to happen.

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

You had the Jets at 12-4 in August. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick isn't the reason we are 3-9 in December.  

SAR I

STOP why are you awake couldn't sleep on the ticket loss or the parking pass only selling for $19

Are you thinking about shaving the beard?

Or is it the thought of all those Fitzmagic shirts and jerseys going in the clothing bin box.

COME ON MAN Ryan Fitzpatick sucks he's the main reason we are 3-9 you are in denial

8 hours ago, HoustonJet said:

As a Jets fan you have to know what it's like to be patient. The New York Jets will find their QB in 2018...Darnold, Jackson and Rosen. We'll be so bad next year we'll have a legit shot at a true franchise QB, no intentional tanking necessary. It'll happen eventually, it's bound to happen.

We will most likely be back in the top 5 again. Would love Darnold the most but would take any of the 3

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Yes.

Petty #1, Hack #2, Fitz (inactive) #3.

Unfortunately, I don't think that is going to happen. I don't think they even chance that Hack sees the field this season. It was very deliberate that they said Petty was planned to get the next 4 games.

10 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

STOP why are you awake couldn't sleep on the ticket loss or the parking pass only selling for $19

Are you thinking about shaving the beard?

Or is it the thought of all those Fitzmagic shirts and jerseys going in the clothing bin box.

COME ON MAN Ryan Fitzpatick sucks he's the main reason we are 3-9 you are in denial

I agree 14 is not the whole reason we are a laughing stock as the defense has taken front and center where that is concerned, but he helped..

38 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

don't be so quick to declare it over...the Jets were the first team to complete the Fitzpatrick cycle TWICE in one season. Who's to say they won't start it a 3rd time?

it's like after they kill jason vorhees and his body slips under the water.....and they keep showing the kids in the rowboat......and the music gets quiet......

Archived