If We Fire Bowles Who Wnats to Come Here?

Lot K Tailgaters

Simple question.  If we fire Bowles after two years who would really want to be our head coach knowing they don't have much time?  It was hard enough to get Bowles and Mac to come here after the Idzik billboards.  Firing them sounds great but most above average coaches wouldn't want anything to do with this organization.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Wait what? It was hard enough to get Mac and Bowles here? Do you have a link that specifically has a valid news story that this is true?

Many will want to come the NFL is a business $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

You say that but after Walton....  the names that wouldn't come here was a pretty long list.   Thats how we got Coslett.

I read that in a Parcells book that he demanded certain power or he wouldnt come here.

5 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Simple question.  If we fire Bowles after two years who would really want to be our head coach knowing they don't have much time?  It was hard enough to get Bowles and Mac to come here after the Idzik billboards.  Firing them sounds great but most above average coaches wouldn't want anything to do with this organization.

any available coach who knows football realizes well before tonight how terrible of a HC Todd bowles is.. I would think they would view the jets as incompetent if they don't.. If the jets can not see they how obvious this decision is and do not do it until next yr, prospective HCs would be hesitant to come to a team run by morons..   

woody brought in a number of coaches before he settled on bowles.  marrone is one guy who might be a good fit.  gruden?  let him his money where his mouth is. saban? i'm no fan but he isn't that bad and may want another chance in the pros.  and what woody should do is hire a director of football operations who can make the hard decisions if the coach and gm are on the same management level.

Sell everything and everybody to bring Mike McCarthy here.  Enough with the defensive "guru" HCs.  Let McCarthy build a program.  His first task?  Dump every QB on this roster and start from scratch.  They're all scrubs anyway. Oh, I mean "developmental projects".  Eat me; they all suck.

5 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

I thought so too until last night. I think last night's performance cost him his job.

Source, when was the last time you saw us that unprepared?  Good God that was awful.  On multiple plays, guys were just walking up to the line as Luck snapped the ball.  WTF?

8 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Source, when was the last time you saw us that unprepared?  Good God that was awful.  On multiple plays, guys were just walking up to the line as Luck snapped the ball.  WTF?

I know. I'm with you. Last night was probably the lowest I've ever felt about this team (and that says a lot).

I think it cemented the decision for Woody. Monday Night Football with the VP as his guest, and a half empty stadium. He had to be embarrassed.

1 minute ago, EM31 said:

I wonder which of the big 4 accounting firms will be engaged to lead the search for the new GM/HC...

I would take Eric Mangini back in a heartbeat

I don't know if I'd take him back as coach, but I'd definitely put him in the front office. 

7 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Was it hard to get Bowles and Mac to come here after the Idzik billboards?  Is there even a shred of evidence you've got to support this?  Because, it sounds like something you just made up right now.

We will have the same shot at a quality coach as we always have, because there are 32 of these jobs on the planet, and only 3-4 are available every year.

Archived