Let's discuss - Who is the next coach?

Joe W. Namath

Just now, phill1c said:

Oh, please.

If some of the efforts on that 4-12 team are being praised...Lordy...

Yes, by his 6th year and a bad GM drafting he lost the team... But look at the Bills they tried hard to beat the Jets last year (week 17) and they had nothing to play for. There isn't even a remote bit of effort for weeks, and this is only Bowles second year... not 6th

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, phill1c said:

Rex was an "I cant' really coach" problem. an "I only know ONE defense and ZERO offense" problem.

Teams quit in particular games all the time. But, for some reason, the Jets always get nationally televised games when they surely aren't national TV quality.

Browns haven't quit... they look better then the Jets and they haven't won a game.

Just now, Skeptable said:

Yes, by his 6th year and a bad GM drafting he lost the team... But look at the Bills they tried hard to beat the Jets last year (week 17) and they had nothing to play for. There isn't even a remote bit of effort for weeks, and this is only Bowles second year... not 6th

This is the first game I've seen even a semblance of quit from players not named Revis and Wilkerson. Let's not over exaggerate because you're angry. And, please, the Bills had EVERYTHING to play for...and a choker to play against.

Just now, phill1c said:

This is the first game I've seen even a semblance of quit from players not named Revis and Wilkerson. Let's not over exaggerate because you're angry. And, please, the Bills had EVERYTHING to play for...and a choker to play against.

Skrine, Marshall giving up on plays? Stop running routes? come on.. the problem is deeper then you are making it out to be. Ryan Fitz not caring and throwing 6 INTS in a game?

3 minutes ago, phill1c said:

what exactly did the Bills have to play for? 

2 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Coughlin is the answer...

I disagree there, remember Coughlin lost his team, he's in his 70s(though is still energetic) and his teams missed the playoffs 6 of the last 7 seasons.  he's a good coach but I don't think a good fit for us.

Just now, nyjunc said:

I disagree there, remember Coughlin lost his team, he's in his 70s(though is still energetic) and his teams missed the playoffs 6 of the last 7 seasons.  he's a good coach but I don't think a good fit for us.

I don't care about winning next year... I want discipline... and that he is good for.

I've been of the opinion that we stay will Bowles and continue to let him learn as a first time head coach. Had enough of the merry-go-round and I don't see just plugging in another coach and crossing fingers he's better as a solution.

But there's a caveat:

- If this team lose out the rest of this season and are humiliated in all games, losing by 30+ points all the time. Then he has to go.

If he does survive into next year then he needs to cut out the coaching mistakes and show significant progress in the culture of this team.

I also think Norv Turner would make a good OC to replace Chan.

I can't recommend a DC but we need a change there too.

3 minutes ago, The Walrus said:

I've been of the opinion that we stay will Bowles and continue to let him learn as a first time head coach. Had enough of the merry-go-round and I don't see just plugging in another coach and crossing fingers he's better as a solution.

But there's a caveat:

- If this team lose out the rest of this season and are humiliated in all games, losing by 30+ points all the time. Then he has to go.

If he does survive into next year then he needs to cut out the coaching mistakes and show significant progress in the culture of this team.

No way in hell, no mercy for Todd Bowles he should fired this team is a disgrace. 

6 minutes ago, The Walrus said:

But there's a caveat:

While I agree with you, there is no indication that Bowles feels safe. He is not playing young guys. Maybe that's part of the problem too. There is no open competition on this team.

1 hour ago, gEYno said:

I'd take the nuclear option and just offer Harbaugh the keys to the kingdom.

I agree.  If Woody is serious about winning and wants an energized fan base without half empty stadiums.  Otherwise he's doing just fine.

1 hour ago, Ex-Rex said:

These guys are college coaches with no NFL experience. Again, this has failed time and time again with the Jets taking first time NFL head coaches. No way on either of them or Tom Coughlin.

Agreed. I don't get this huge love for Coughlin.

1 minute ago, RSJ said:

While I agree with you, there is no indication that Bowles feels safe. He is not playing young guys. Maybe that's part of the problem too. There is no open competition on this team.

It's my hope that Todd has learnt a lesson from trusting the veterans too much. I think he may have thought that their experience would be a good thing for the team and with the right kind of vets it would be. However something, which to be honest we don't know about hasn't clicked with this group of guys. Quite the opposite, they seem to be toxic. 

If Todd has learnt from that then I'm fine continuing on with him, for next year at least.

But next year he would have to be making very significant progress, it would be the end of year 3 by then.

If he goes at the end of this year then so be it. But I'll be disappointed if we just sign another HC with no record that says he can be any better.

8 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Hopefully Woody becomes an ambassador and is hands off on the Jets for the next few years.

Woody Johnson is about to turn 70, and funny things happen to owners who hit milestone years.

It's time for him to tamper with the Patriots, steal Belichick away for the largest contract in head coaching history and a 5% stake in the team, lose a draft pick, and get Gronk and Brady the year after that.

Leon Hess' playbook.  It's time.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Woody Johnson is about to turn 70, and funny things happen to owners who hit milestone years.

It's time for him to tamper with the Patriots, steal Belichick away for the largest contract in head coaching history and a 5% stake in the team, lose a draft pick, and get Gronk and Brady the year after that.

Leon Hess' playbook.  It's time.

SAR I

If only we had hired Belichek to be head coach... :-/

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Anyone but Fitzpatrick he had many choices but when Fitzpatrick held the Jets hostage all the plan B QB's were already signed Fitz played Macc. 

hee hee totally agree Fitz has more brains in the end of his dong then Macc has in his entire family...

2 hours ago, Ex-Rex said:

Nice call. I never even thought of him, but he did have Buffalo moving in the right direction before the owners pulled the rug out from under him to sign the buffoon.

I agree, I hadn't thought much about him either but he had Buffalo at 9-7 and like you said heading in the right direction.  He also did this with basically no QB similar to where we are now, as well as before they got McCoy at RB.

38 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

I'm thinking if we don't get an experienced HC, then I would consider someone like a Frank Reich, Tom Cable, Josh M. or Todd Haley. Offensive mined coaches only. I'm done with defensive coordinators. They all suck.

Actually Cable, Josh M, and Haley are experienced coaches.

Archived