Cutler 2017!

Klecko73isGod

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jay Cutler signed a 7 year, $126,700,000 contract with the Chicago Bears (2014), including $54,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $18,100,000. In 2016, Cutler will earn a base salary of $16,000,000. Cutler has a cap hit of $17,000,000 while his dead money value is $19,000,000.

even on his current contract he could be released in 2 seasons without cap hit.  give this guy a good line and he'll complete well over 60%.

3 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

I have a Buddy who's a Bear Fan, and he hates Cutler with every Fiber of his Being.

Just say no to cast off QB's, we've had enough of them!

okay except for does that mean starting a rookie or first year qb?  there just aren't that many roethlibergers or presotts who can step in from day one.  and remember, those teams had a lot of pieces already in place.

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I am all for Cutler compared to the other names being bandied about.  I am aboard the Cutler train.

Not that it makes much difference, but yeah, me too.  Cutler is probably the best for what is a stop gap situation. 

The funny thing is, given the situation, he probably has the right attitude.  That's pretty amazing.

Just now, rangerous said:

okay except for does that mean starting a rookie or first year qb?  there just aren't that many roethlibergers or presotts who can step in from day one.  and remember, those teams had a lot of pieces already in place.

No it means playing Petty or Hack. I Don't want any of the QB's in 2017 Draft. Or Jay 18 per, 60 mill deal with 40 guaranteed. Since that's the kind of outlay we'd be paying, for a well past it, Interception machine. He's just Fitz with a stronger arm!

Who are we trying to emulate, the Cleveland Browns?

2 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

No it means playing Petty or Hack. I Don't want any of the QB's in 2017 Draft. Or Jay 18 per, 60 mill deal with 40 guaranteed. Since that's the kind of outlay we'd be paying, for a well past it, Interception machine. He's just Fitz with a stronger arm!

Who are we trying to emulate, the Cleveland Browns?

We might as well be the cleveland browns at this point.

I get why some people would want cutler but jesus would it just be another jetsian move that would put us back another 4-5 years from a chance to making the superbowl. 

7 minutes ago, jdeacon said:

We might as well be the cleveland browns at this point.

I get why some people would want cutler but jesus would it just be another jetsian move that would put us back another 4-5 years from a chance to making the superbowl. 

That's exactly my point.

I really want to believe the pro-Cutler folks are really just anybody-but-who-we-have-right-now people who always think the grass is greener on the other side if only because it's marginally less dead than ours.

Is Cutler an improvement over Fitz, Geno, Petty and Hackenburg? Probably marginally better than the first two. Is he so much better that he is worth the cost to bring him in? Not even close.

7 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Cutler is a well known jerk.

Cutler has one of the best if not the best arm in the league.

Cutler is a very tough QB that will stand in and take a hit to make a play.

Cutler has had some of the most dismal olines to work with over the years.

I think he would do well in the jets present offensive system, however if we trot out the oline we seem to be moving towards next year any QB willget killed.

You forgot Cutler is having shoulder surgery, we don't know if he'll have that magical arm going forward!

4 hours ago, munchmemory said:

At least Cutler has people skills.  Should fit in well with us.

cutlerjerk.gif

This and he was injured!!!

People still advocating this clown!!

You don't go out and acquire a malcontent injured QB to lead your team with folks who lack effort!!

Good Grief

22 hours ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Hear me out. 

There will absolutely be a roster purge this offseason. Fitz will  (thankfully) be gone. Geno will be gone. Petty, most likely, will be gone. Hackenberg gets to stay because he has potential, is an unknown quantity and we just used a 2nd rounder on him.

Unless the Jets do something ridiculously stupid like winning 3 of their last 4 games to finish the season, we are most likely headed to a top 5 draft pick and will almost certainly draft a quarterback. 

We will need a veteran to start the season while we groom the rookie. 

If we're gonna have a veteran QB who throws a lot of interceptions, I want someone who does it with style and is entertaining. 

My biggest issue with Fitz at this point isn't that he sucks. Its that he sucks and is boring to watch. He plays a completely uninspired brand of football. He is so boring he makes me long for the thrilling days of 2007 Chad Pennington and CPF. 

So please, if we're gonna have a sh*tty QB in 2017. Let's have a fun sh*tty QB!

Who's with me?!

-7 rep? 

There are quite a few humorless people on this beard these days. 

I mean Pac doesn't surprise me. He's never said anything remotely funny and sucks at mafia, but the rest of you guys.

•  

On 12/7/2016 at 9:52 AM, Klecko73isGod said:

Hear me out. 

There will absolutely be a roster purge this offseason. Fitz will  (thankfully) be gone. Geno will be gone. Petty, most likely, will be gone. Hackenberg gets to stay because he has potential, is an unknown quantity and we just used a 2nd rounder on him.

Unless the Jets do something ridiculously stupid like winning 3 of their last 4 games to finish the season, we are most likely headed to a top 5 draft pick and will almost certainly draft a quarterback. 

We will need a veteran to start the season while we groom the rookie. 

If we're gonna have a veteran QB who throws a lot of interceptions, I want someone who does it with style and is entertaining. 

My biggest issue with Fitz at this point isn't that he sucks. Its that he sucks and is boring to watch. He plays a completely uninspired brand of football. He is so boring he makes me long for the thrilling days of 2007 Chad Pennington and CPF. 

So please, if we're gonna have a sh*tty QB in 2017. Let's have a fun sh*tty QB!

Who's with me?!

So we let go of Fitz and pick up his clone. Cool story bro.

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

C'mon..... it'll be funny!

True. Sorta sick of laughing and being laughed at because of this clown shoes team. I want to know what it is like to draft and honest to goodness bluechipper like Sam Darnold and sit back to watch the little fella grow into the next top 3 QB in the league. I want to laugh at the other teams like the Raiders and Seahawks do.

On 12/08/2016 at 11:15 AM, J-Diddy said:

I'd love Cutler actually.  Strong Arm.  Good pocket awareness.  Still in prime of career.  Reminds me of when Tuna grabbed Testeverde.  Sign me up.  Cutler knows bMarsh and forte too.  

Teammates loved Testaverde.  Teammates and coaches think Cutler is an arrogant punk.  Big difference.

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

True. Sorta sick of laughing and being laughed at because of this clown shoes team. I want to know what it is like to draft and honest to goodness bluechipper like Sam Darnold and sit back to watch the little fella grow into the next top 3 QB in the league. I want to laugh at the other teams like the Raiders and Seahawks do.

Meh.... grass is always greener...

Archived