Khiry Robinson is Back

CrazyCarl40

These moves and cutting Ross and Spiller are signs that the Jets are working now for 2017 and beyond.

But the fact that they signed Ross and Spiller and kept playing Fitz were signs that they were trying to compete.  

It is complete Bowles baloney that Petty was always going to start games 13-16.  If Fitz won, and the Jets were alive, Fitz would have played.

That fib could end up getting Bowles fired.

2 minutes ago, varjet said:

These moves and cutting Ross and Spiller are signs that the Jets are working now for 2017 and beyond.

But the fact that they signed Ross and Spiller and kept playing Fitz were signs that they were trying to compete.  

It is complete Bowles baloney that Petty was always going to start games 13-16.  If Fitz won, and the Jets were alive, Fitz would have played.

That fib could end up getting Bowles fired.

Wait so Ross and Spiiler were  supposed to make us competitive? Who might have thought that, because if Macc did he needs to be fired. 

Khiry Robinson is Zak Stacey II I hope I'm wrong. 

2 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

lol Jets just refuse to draft and groom there own offensive skill players.. more retread at RB..

hmm...i guess that's why the bellichicken has done so poorly.  antwain smith?  corey dillon?  lagarette blount?  there aren't many teams that go after top tier rbs these days.

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Wait so Ross and Spiiler were  supposed to make us competitive? Who might have thought that, because if Macc did he needs to be fired. 

Like water is wet.

9 minutes ago, rangerous said:

hmm...i guess that's why the bellichicken has done so poorly.  antwain smith?  corey dillon?  lagarette blount?  there aren't many teams that go after top tier rbs these days.

I agree, I'm all for homegrown guys but I actually do like Macc's strategy of signing a vet on a shorter term deal while bringing in undrafted FA and backups to compete.  I may undervalue the RB position a bit but I would be pi$$ed if we went RB in the first rd.  Elliot's a stud but also a product of that offensive line.  He's not nearly the player on the Jets he is with the Cowboys.

IIRC Parcells compared Khiry Robinson to Curtis Martin.  I remember being excited to see what impact he would have but he got hurt in preseason and was cut.  Glad he's back and still looking forward to seeing what he can do.  Hopefully he's fully recovered.  It will be one of the few interesting subplots for the rest of the season.

7 hours ago, rangerous said:

Let me know when we have  QB the caliber of Brady till then nothing BB does should be compared to our team .. 

10 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

What's the chances you aren't wrong? 

Khiry couldn't even thrive in the saints system with Brees and that passing game getting all the attention . But I'm suppose to believe he is gonna thrive for us ..  dude got cut and no one signed him all season but he next curtis Martin .

19 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

The Jets continue to sign other teams garbage agree. 

We're the ones that cut him in September.  Doesn't that make him our team's garbage?

9 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Khiry couldn't even thrive in the saints system with Brees and that passing game getting all the attention . But I'm suppose to believe he is gonna thrive for us ..  dude got cut and no one signed him all season but he next curtis Martin .

He got cut because he reinjured his broken leg.  He wasn't healthy.  

Wilds is interesting.  I guess he is always hurt,  That is a bunch of backs.  I wonder how they will be used. 

1 hour ago, section314 said:

I know. If I were Bilal Powell I'd want out.

not so sure.  bilal has certainly done pretty well but he also gets nicked up quite a bit.  besides he has a contract.  he knew full well when he signed he wasn't going to be the feature back.

12 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Let me know when we have  QB the caliber of Brady till then nothing BB does should be compared to our team .. 

okay then, what teams have won superbowls with top flight rb's?  i guess you can say dallas with emmitt smith but that team was loaded.  pittsburgh with bettis?  please. the giants with oj anderson? he was pretty much done. you can probably say ray rice and the ravens or terell owens with denver but even there those teams were pretty loaded.

2 hours ago, rangerous said:

okay then, what teams have won superbowls with top flight rb's?  i guess you can say dallas with emmitt smith but that team was loaded.  pittsburgh with bettis?  please. the giants with oj anderson? he was pretty much done. you can probably say ray rice and the ravens or terell owens with denver but even there those teams were pretty loaded.

Time to start building our own blueprint and stop trying to build like other teams .. and to Answer your Question Marshawn Lynch was a big part of a Super bowl team if where talking Modern Era 

On 12/7/2016 at 2:03 PM, joewilly12 said:

The Jets continue to sign other teams garbage agree. 

Right, because Greene and Powell, the last two home grown starters, were better RB's than Thomas Jones, 2010 LT, Ivory, Forte, etc. 

On 12/9/2016 at 8:57 AM, #27TheDominator said:

Actually, they didn't.  The Saints didn't cut him, they elected not to tender him while he recovered from a broken leg.  I'm sure they didn't love him, but it is not quite the same thing as, say CJ Spiller.

They actually did like Khiry a lot and never expected a team to sign him.  Many down there felt that he was going to replace Ingram after he (most likely) leaves in FA. 

Archived