Jets Coaching Staff in 2017

varjet

Ignoring the issues with the Jets organizational structure and whether Woody meddled in forming the coaching staff, this is now I analyze this logically:

• For a variety of reasons, it is the Jets interests to give Bowles a valid chance to succeed, which has historically been at least 3 years.
    • He did decently last year and has a good reputation.
    • No other coaches will want to work here if we fire coaches after 2 years.
    • Bowles is a first time coach and can get it together.
  • However, by no measure have the Jets been a well-coached team this year, whether in game planning, game management, player discipline/motivation or player development.
  • In order for the Jets to improve their football product and performance, the Jets need an improvement in their coaching.  At a minimum, that definitely includes the DC and could include the DC, and the STC.
    • Free agents will not want to come here.
    • Players like Hack and Petty will not get developed
    • The team will continue and losing and loser culture.
  • This is a question, but with Bowles having 2 years on his contract left, which often is really just a year, will he/the Jets be able to attract good coordinators to replace the guys he curently has?
  • Bowles issues also extend past his coordinators, and he may be completely lost in dealing with the NY media.

Therefore, I think for everyone's own good the Jets should start from scratch with a new better staff.  Cut their losses with Bowles and the others.  As the Jets rebuild they need First Class coaching.  I am not necessarily sure that Bowles can't be an HC, and I am sure he will get another chance, but at least 2 of the coordinators are so bad that they need replacing, and I don't know how you do that without effectively giving Bowles and extension.  Its one thing to not fire Bowles, its another to give him an extension.

We can discuss Maccagnan at another time.

Sorry, I disagree. If I were a HC and saw that sh*t show Monday night and they do not fire Bowltite, I would not want to work here for fear that they not only have no clue what they are doing, but are only interested in money rather than winning, however, if I were an established HC, I would say bring it on and be confident enough in my ability and resume to be successful here, so much so , that they would have no reason to even think of firing me after 2 years.

Sometimes apathy can be counterproductive.

it certainly seems like bowles will need to objectively evaluate his staff if he stays. he's got rodgers, pepper johnson, johnson, caldwell and danna  as his defensive coaches.  one of them should pay for the lack of pass rush.  danna should go because the dbs are always out of position.  another thing is the whole issue of richardson and wilk missing meetings should have been taken of by johnson or rodgers.

Todd Bowles and the Jets did decent with the easiest schedule in the NFL in 2015

32 NFL head coaching positions HELP WANTED they will come

Todd Bowles has lost this team on and off the field 

Free agents will go where the money is 

Winning is contagious a winning franchise is a happy franchise 

Without a decent QB nothing else matters 

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Todd Bowles and the Jets did decent with the easiest schedule in the NFL in 2015

32 NFL head coaching positions HELP WANTED they will come

Todd Bowles has lost this team on and off the field 

Free agents will go where the money is 

Winning is contagious a winning franchise is a happy franchise 

Without a decent QB nothing else matters 

I don't agree with a lot of your posts - but this is spot on.

If a HC candidate is scared of getting fired after 2 years - I want no part of him.

Like you said 32 NFL HC jobs in the world , the NYC tri-state market HC's will come.

Archived