Who are some Olinemen We Could Target In The Top 5

SR24

Cam Robinson is a middle to late 1st round tackle.  There are no oline an in the top 15 really. Were probably looking at a pass rusher, running back, wide receiver, or we could also go after Jabrill peppers who I think will play safety but he's a miles jack type that could play a few positions. 

There are different schools of thought on the qbs.  Most draft analysts like Bucky brooks, Todd mcshay, Mel kiper and Daniel Jeremiah think there's no QB worthy of a 1st round pick but think at least 1 or 2 guys will go in the first round just because of the position. Then I hear other people who are more hobbyist draft analysts saying that Kizer, Watson and trubiski will all go in the 1st round. There's still so much time to see what happens, we'll see.

These 4 games with Petty will impact our draft tremendously. If he's competent we need to build and oline around him and keep him protected just look at Dak. A great oline can make an average qb look great

There really isn't an OL worthy of a top five pick. IMO Cam Robinson is the closest Couple of DE's :)

If I had to guess in early Dec I go CB.. Maybe Lattimore, or Q Wilson.

Shouldn't matter, Petty is going to run the table and there are 1 or maybe two worth the shot in the middle of the draft

I think if we have a shot at Watson we should take it. If Watson is gone and we stay where we are we should scoop up peppers. If we move down for an lt or flournette I wouldn't cry. My guess we land peppers and the forum will explode with outrage for about 15 minutes than we will love the pick and I think that kid will end up being special he could be the next revis (in his prime)

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, SR24 said:

These 4 games with Petty will impact our draft tremendously. If he's competent we need to build and oline around him and keep him protected just look at Dak. A great oline can make an average qb look great

Great point. Sadly as of now competency at QB for the Jets seems much farther away than the draft does. 

Mac has stated in the past that his thinking is that he would not draft OL on day 1.  Granted he did try to trade up when an outstanding prospect began to free fall.  

I, myself, would take OL early and often. I want a return to our 2009 & 2010 OL type team.  I'm beginning to think that BPA in and of itself is NOT the best strategy.  Perhaps we should choose an area to target for marked improvement, say the OL of arguments sake, and then trade up or down as best as possible to target value in that area. 

I agree with all who have said that there is no o-linemen that are worthy of a top 5 pick.  I would look in rounds three and four and get the best one available in each of those rounds as long as it is not a ridiculous reach.  Heck if there is a good one in round two I may take one there.  I think we should get two in this draft.

We need OL, So plan should be to draft that position as often as possible without giving up on some other holes we need to fill. There is always FA'cy and dumping a lot of salary at the end of the year.  That should be the plan... We need young blood on this team and we need a leader to lead the young blood.

Just my 2 cents

37 minutes ago, LWC611 said:

I agree with all who have said that there is no o-linemen that are worthy of a top 5 pick.  I would look in rounds three and four and get the best one available in each of those rounds as long as it is not a ridiculous reach.  Heck if there is a good one in round two I may take one there.  I think we should get two in this draft.

Avery Gennesy is a good LT prospect we can get in round 2.

We need a franchise left tackle in the worst way. I would love to mirror what he did in 06-08. Rebuild the line with a couple of high draft picks (Brock and Mangold) and then eventually add some big FA's to solidify it (Woody, Faneca). We also had one of the best guards in football on that team in Brandon Moore who was a longtime holdover from the Herm years.

But we really should be looking to ideally restructure Mangold, draft 2 lineman early this year and then eventually go out and get some guys in FA that are bigger upgrades over some of the other guys we have on our line.

I'm for taking the BPA at our pick in the draft but I would love to see us take lineman in the 1st and 2nd round this year if the pick warrants it.

The O-Line has got to be rebuilt. Especially if you don't have a franchise QB. One thing we do know, a bad QB with a bad O-Line is a recipe for disaster. You can however win with a below average QB if you have really good talent around him. And that starts with a dominant O-Line IMO.

Jonathon Allen is going to fall to us at around 5 or 6......then what.  :rolleyes:

Right now the top of the draft is a tad foggy but it always clears up as time goes on.  I've called for trading down half the years the jets have drafted, this year might be the time.

13 hours ago, SR24 said:

I think the oline needs to be the focus of this offseason rebuild it through the draft use free agency to address defensive help. Any particular linemen you guys would like to see in Jetland next year?

None.. This is not the draft for that in the early rounds... I say we pick up an edge rusher (TON of Those) or Fournette

19 minutes ago, section314 said:

Exactly.  Kiper says edge rushers, cb's and te's are strength of draft. Says not a great draft for ol or qb's.

the jets should be figuring out how to lose to san fran. the jets will lose to buffalo, Miami, and the pats without too much figuring. end the season at 3-13. then hope the bears, jax, and san fran win another game. a legitimate shot at the number 2-3 pick. and maybe a  shot at myles garett.

Just now, ylekram said:

the jets should be figuring out how to lose to san fran. the jets will lose to buffalo, Miami, and the pats without too much figuring. end the season at 3-13. then hope the bears, jax, and san fran win another game. a legitimate shot at the number 2-3 pick. and maybe a  shot at myles garett.

I don't think they have to figure out how to lose. It comes naturally.:D Garrett would look good in green.

9 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

That's 50/50. RBs don't always go real high. 

Zeke, Bush, Richardson, McFadden, Peterson (Top 7), Ronnie Brown, Tomlinson, Jamal Lewis, Edge James, Curtis Enis, Lawerance Philips (Top 6).

11 out of the last 20 years there has been a RB drafted THAT high... Sooo...

We have to go oline hard this offseason. We have skill position players, and a defensive base but not enough talent to say that we can make it work with a rookie QB. Peppers scares me because I don't know where he'd play for us unless we plan on getting rid of Pryor. 

Archived