Good job Marshall

RESNewYork

I love it. The veterans don't play for the guy all year, Bowles doesn't hold anyone accountable they walk all over him and now the cries for him to be retained come out. You want this guy here? Then play hard for him don't whine because Fitz isn't getting you the ball enough, Don't skip practices and be late to meetings that simple. The lack of leadership on this team has proven Bowles needs to go. 

This season is unsatisfying, the effort of the players, the coaching it's all unsatisfying. If heads don't roll over this seasons results that will be unsatisfying too, but sometimes the best things that happen are the things that don't happen. If they don't fire him maybe it will be better next year even if no one thinks it will. It's all wait and see mode now.  1 good year, 1 bad year, it wouldn't be outrageous to give him a tie breaking year to see if the team looks more like year 1 or year 2. 

52 minutes ago, SR24 said:

I love it. The veterans don't play for the guy all year, Bowles doesn't hold anyone accountable they walk all over him and now the cries for him to be retained come out. You want this guy here? Then play hard for him don't whine because Fitz isn't getting you the ball enough, Don't skip practices and be late to meetings that simple. The lack of leadership on this team has proven Bowles needs to go. 

Please point out what you believe to be crying.  

Should be interesting, he was asked a question and answered it. In the best tradition of fans, hes not supposed to have an opinion.  Especially if its not the same as yours.  

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Please point out what you believe to be crying.  

Should be interesting, he was asked a question and answered it. In the best tradition of fans, hes not supposed to have an opinion.  Especially if its not the same as yours.  

I guess cries was the wrong word to use, It's just funny to me the team plays with no fire or fight under Bowles and now they want to defend the guy. I couldn't care less if his opinion is different than mine he's in the locker room with the guy everyday of course he's going to want him back, I'd just hate to see players have a big influence on a tough decision that should be made after the way they handled the Fitz situation. Marshall won't be the only one lobbying for Bowles this offseason either. 

2 minutes ago, SR24 said:

I guess cries was the wrong word to use, It's just funny to me the team plays with no fire or fight under Bowles and now they want to defend the guy. I couldn't care less if his opinion is different than mine he's in the locker room with the guy everyday of course he's going to want him back, I'd just hate to see players have a big influence on a tough decision that should be made after the way they handled the Fitz situation. Marshall won't be the only one lobbying for Bowles this offseason either. 

Team played without fire once all year.  They didnt quit until this week.  Has nothing to do with Marshall being right or wrong.  

Just because he's in the the locker room doesnt mean hes going to want him back.  And yes, just as most believe Bowles should be back in the media, most in the locker room will want him back

2 hours ago, SR24 said:

It's the same cycle that Rex's teams went through too... seems like franchise identity type stuff

Amazing now fans are ripping into BM!!

Fact is even if the Jets were to let Marshall go,his opinion on what kind of job Bowles is doing is worth more then all of the fans on a message board combined, since BM actually knows what is going on the team and the Posters out here don't, despite their hallucinations to the contrary,

Now Marshall, the guy who totally made the Jets offense go last year and takes all of the double teams on offense, is being targeted  as the reason why the Jets aren't playing well.

In truth we we are an awful fan base. One that literally eats their own....

Utter Insanity!

2 hours ago, dbatesman said:

If this team has any brains, Marshall won't be on the roster next season.

2 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I am thoroughly looking forward to not having to hear words from his fat mouth anymore.

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Couldnt agree more.  We need to build from the ground up.  This guy was brought here by Bowles.  We are done w/ Bowles guys.  Good riddance Marshall.  Thanks for the one good season.

You all would have to be complete and utter idiots (putting it nicely) to not want the best Wide Reciever we've had in decades back on this team for AT LEAST one more year.  Bowles gone or not, if we cut Brandon Marshall I, and anyone with half a brain, should have zero faith in anything this organization does for the next few years. 

5 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Fact is even if the Jets were to let Marshall go,his opinion on what kind of job Bowles is doing is worth more then all of the fans on a message board combined, since BM actually knows what is going on the team and the Posters out here don't, despite their hallucinations to the contrary,

Now Marshall, the guy who totally made the Jets offense go last year and takes all of the double teams on offense, is being targeted  as the reason why the Jets aren't playing well.

Utter Insanity!

They aren't fans.  That's why.  I have zero problems questioning the fandom of people that clueless.  It's statements like the ones above that actually make me happy in a season like this because those "fans" are miserable and I'm glad that they feel that way.  They deserve it.

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

They aren't fans.  That's why.  I have zero problems questioning the fandom of people that clueless.  It's statements like the ones above that actually make me happy in a season like this because those people are miserable and I'm glad that they feel that way.

Marshall is one of the small handful of players on this team who are still playing hard and questions others commitment to the team and JW etc want him gone. 

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Marshall is one of the small handful of players on this team who are still playing hard and questions others commitment to the team and JW etc want him gone. 

Look at the f*cking garbage that guy has had to put up with this year and realize that he STILL has a chance for 1,000 yards. Should tell you everything about Marshall.  

Idiots.  All of them...and that is still putting it nicely.

8 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Utter Insanity!

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

They aren't fans.  That's why.  I have zero problems questioning the fandom of people that clueless.  It's statements like the ones above that actually make me happy in a season like this because those "fans" are miserable and I'm glad that they feel that way.  They deserve it.

Couldn't agree more fellas.

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

F*cking garbage that guy has had to put up with this year and he STILL has a chance for 1,000 yards.

Imagine, doubled all day.  Ineffective run game. 

And everyones favorite game killer, the guy we had to resign, Fitzpatrick putting Marshall's life, career and stats at risk with every wild pass.

13 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Dad?

14 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Utter Insanity!

You've got to remember that these are the same so called fans who start threads asking for pictures to describe the season and laugh silly over fire, shlt, puke, etc.

What other team has a fanbase this stupid and childish? 

27 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

You all would have to be complete and utter idiots (putting it nicely) to not want the best Wide Reciever we've had in decades back on this team for AT LEAST one more year.  Bowles gone or not, if we cut Brandon Marshall I, and anyone with half a brain, should have zero faith in anything this organization does for the next few years. 

Being the best wide receiver the Jets have had in decades is like the Plantonic form of tallest midget. He'll be 33 next season, he's due $7.5 million, and he's a major reason why the offense has gone into the sh*tter this year. We're also long overdue for him to flip his sh*t and go after a teammate, so every day he's here we're just tempting fate.

5 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Being the best wide receiver the Jets have had in decades is like the Plantonic form of tallest midget. He'll be 33 next season, he's due $7.5 million, and he's a major reason why the offense has gone into the sh*tter this year. We're also long overdue for him to flip his sh*t and go after a teammate, so every day he's here we're just tempting fate.

No, the major reason the offense has gone in the shltter is the loss of Decker and the good health of Fitzpatrick. 

What you think he's long overdue to do is irrelevant as is the smallest midget line.  He just keeps pumping out HOF seasons 

48 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You've got to remember that these are the same so called fans who start threads asking for pictures to describe the season and laugh silly over fire, shlt, puke, etc.

What other team has a fanbase this stupid and childish? 

I know what you mean. I've been to the tailgates of other teams and for the most part it's way classier; cardigans, wine tastings, poetry slams...etc.

13 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I know what you mean. I've been to the tailgates of other teams and for the most part it's way classier; cardigans, wine tastings, poetry slams...etc.

There's a wide gap between cardigans, wine tastings etc and the shlt on our team attitude too many in this idiotic fanbase takes.  

Call me crazy, I don't get the appeal 

53 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Keyshawn, Moss, Chrebet, and Coles were all very good Wide Recievers. It is in no way an insult to say that he's the best guy we've had since any of them.

At 33, with the numbers he's put up, he's worth $7.5 million and honestly, at this stage of his career, I wouldnt rule out him being open to a paycut/re-structure.  Even without that, a few simple cuts and CAP is not an issue at all so 7.5mil for a top tier wideout to assist in the growth of our (likely) young QBs is chump change.

I'd say Fitzpatrick and the loss of Decker has a lot more to do with the offense crumbling but that's just me.

He's given no indication that he's going to do that and I have no reason to believe he will.

Archived