Jets Scribes Pushing Nauseating Narrative Regarding Bowles’ Job Security

JetNation

1 hour ago, SickJetFan said:

If I were Bowels I would attach my ball sack to Petty's chin for the rest of this season and not let him out of my site.  Whether possible or not I would try to make him into the best starting QB in league.  His future is now tied to Petty.

After the wonders Bowles has worked with our secondary this year (his specialty), I think I'd prefer our devensive guru to stay as far away from Petty as possible.

Watching Todd Bowles presser, a reporter said Revis told him his wrist is bothering him so he's playing off and not jamming receivers at the line like he did in the past.
Bowles commented Revis never told him that and if he did TB would have adjusted where Revis played to allow him to jam with the other arm.
My takeaway on this is,
A Revis is just looking to excuse his poor play.
Or
B. Bowles is totally clueless and doesn't speak with arguably the best player on the defense.

I'm not sure which is correct but the comments are food for thought.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Edwards made the playoffs every time he had a healthy Pennington, 3 playoff appearances in 5 years, was let go anyway. 

Edwards wasn't let go - he bolted for KC... much like Parcells left NE to come here. There were rumors at the end of the season that he was talking to KC ownership about their coaching job. Once it was confirmed, the Jets and KC worked out a 4th round comp pick, and Edwards was allowed to walk

17 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Edwards wasn't let go - he bolted for KC... much like Parcells left NE to come here. There were rumors at the end of the season that he was talking to KC ownership about their coaching job. Once it was confirmed, the Jets and KC worked out a 4th round comp pick, and Edwards was allowed to walk

My recollection is that it was a conversation between the two owners and Woody didn't put up a fight.  I try to block the Edwards era out of my mind.

SAR I

On Tuesday morning, a number of the NY newspapers reacted to the Jets Monday fiasco, with sensational, back page headlines, saying basically to: FIRE BOWLES!! Accompanied by a number of articles explaining why.

Then, these same papers, spend the rest of the week, telling us, that Jets fans, are way too reactionary. Gotta stay the course. Don't panic. Give it time. Why do you want to pull the plug so soon?

Anything to sell papers.

20 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Leon Washington. Good trade.

I guess I'm the only guy who thinks we should actually give the HC and GM a chance to rebuild the roster. I don't want either fired. I think some of you don't understand the situation they inherited and were tricked by last years over-achievement into thinking this team was close to contending. Idzik killed this team's talent by drafting poorly and Macagnan covered it up by signing some old FAs as a band aid. We need to let them continue to draft and develop their own talent.

If someone can give me an example of a HC we could hire who would be an obvious upgrade, be my guest. (And none of this "Bowles is an idiot, rah rah, anyone would be better." 

1 hour ago, Skeptable said:

Media was wrong about the election because they are too biased and arrogant. Its all about clicks.  

Anyway, Todd Bowles lost the team and shows no discipline... that.. is a problem...

The same media and chorus of fans said sign Futz. Buttress the team. Keep the continuity as it counts. Build on something instead of tearing it down when you hit a bump in the road. 

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

This is one of those things nobody knows outside of 1 Jets Drive.

- Big payday

- Big market

- Top-5 draft pick

- Cement ever-lasting legacy by winning first ring in a billion years.

Things like that matter to competitive egomaniacs.

Firing a guy who is supposed to be a defensive genius but can't buy a sack with multiple first round picks in the front seven isnt going to scare off any candidate with an ounce of self confidence IMO.

Screenshot1.png

Screenshot2.png

Screenshot5.png

screenshot4.png

Screenshot6.png

1 hour ago, Happy Clouds said:

After the wonders Bowles has worked with our secondary this year (his specialty), I think I'd prefer our devensive guru to stay as far away from Petty as possible.

Well I think this would be great for Petty if he were to do it as that would mean full force of CS and team pushing for his success...new concept sort of thing..

29 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Screenshot1.png

Screenshot2.png

Screenshot5.png

screenshot4.png

Screenshot6.png

- Cowher has said no to every team that has approached him, it's not exclusive to the Jets.  He's happy where he is for now.

- Harbaugh met with the Jets to do the interview for the job.  He wasn't scared off.  Tanny  hired Rex instead.

- Every other guy on that list was up for a GM position where they weren't going to get the chance to hire their own coach, not a HC position.

If Johnson were to turn a blind eye to the team’s struggles to placate the click-bait headline writing members of the team’s press corps, it would mean he was allowing writers to impact major organizational decisions.

That's the problem. He does placate it because its not his town. It's the Giants town. 

Either get a new owner or move to a place where you are top dog.

Still dont get the massive amount of hate that Maccagnan gets here. Media and other fans dont get after him because he did exactly what the fans wanted him to do. 

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I guess I'm the only guy who thinks we should actually give the HC and GM a chance to rebuild the roster. I don't want either fired. I think some of you don't understand the situation they inherited and were tricked by last years over-achievement into thinking this team was close to contending. Idzik killed this team's talent by drafting poorly and Macagnan covered it up by signing some old FAs as a band aid. We need to let them continue to draft and develop their own talent.

If someone can give me an example of a HC we could hire who would be an obvious upgrade, be my guest. (And none of this "Bowles is an idiot, rah rah, anyone would be better." 

I think most of us understand this, which is why Mac is getting a pass. Bowles, on the other hand, has been exposed. His defense has taken a big step back, his game day decisions and adjustments are questionable at best, his handling of the QB situation has been baffling, and the team flat out mailed it in on national tv. Can a coach change? Sure. But so far Bowles hasn't shown any indication that he will

4 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

I think most of us understand this, which is why Mac is getting a pass. Bowles, on the other hand, has been exposed. His defense has taken a big step back, his game day decisions and adjustments are questionable at best, his handling of the QB situation has been baffling, and the team flat out mailed it in on national tv. Can a coach change? Sure. But so far Bowles hasn't shown any indication that he will

And because the media and the fans would look like total hypocrites if they did

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Were Idzik and Rex separate? I dont see how Bowles is any less or more responsible than Maccagnan is for this current mess.

as i recall woody launched both of them because they didn't tell him what ws going on.  kind of sounds like he expected one to rat on the other.

but really, tbowles and maccagnan have to play out. there are some good things but there are also some bad things going on. if bowles has lost the locker room he should be launched.  if not he needs to evaluate his coaching staff to make sure they are all competent and doing their jobs.

23 hours ago, AFJF said:

This is one of those things nobody knows outside of 1 Jets Drive.

- Big payday

- Big market

- Top-5 draft pick

- Cement ever-lasting legacy by winning first ring in a billion years.

Things like that matter to competitive egomaniacs.

Firing a guy who is supposed to be a defensive genius but can't buy a sack with multiple first round picks in the front seven isnt going to scare off any candidate with an ounce of self confidence IMO.

you completely missed the point.  Woody stands in the way of success given the way he has the management of the team set up.  Yeah sure some top guy IF GIVEN THE RIGHT SET UP AND OPPORTUNITY would take the job given those factors.  But without the right set up, the opportunity will not be there.

You watch.

20 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

you completely missed the point.  Woody stands in the way of success given the way he has the management of the team set up.  Yeah sure some top guy IF GIVEN THE RIGHT SET UP AND OPPORTUNITY would take the job given those factors.  But without the right set up, the opportunity will not be there.

You watch.

No, I didn't.

On 2016-12-08 at 8:35 AM, LionelRichie said:

What if it's maccagnan who is pushing the narrative to the media?  

Yes, Mac had done a poor job of fielding a competitive team, but the total lack of pass coverage all season is pretty inexcusable.  

That coupled with the lack of effort and accountability from the teams highest paid players is a pretty bad look from an alleged disciplinarian and defensive guru.  

WTF....a poor job at fielding a competitive team?  GIve your F'ing head a shake.

Yeah, he has had so much to work with after 6 years of horrendous drafting.  I mean, we should have got BB, right?  He would have turned this thing around by turning the 11 draft picks we had into 25, and those 25 would be all starters making the pro-bowl.

Just mind-boggling sometimes what you read on a Jet fan site, no matter which one it is.

15 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

You watch.

Agree with you. The Jets, like every NFL team, are a big business. In the world of business, you can count on one hand the number of people who will want to work for, and report to, an assh*le who knows nothing about that business. In the world of the Jets, Woody fits that bill to a tee. That's why no proven commodity will ever come here, unless Woody pulls a Leon Hess from 20 years ago and brings in a proven football person to run this place, and gets the hell out of the way.

On 12/8/2016 at 8:35 AM, LionelRichie said:

What if it's maccagnan who is pushing the narrative to the media?  

Yes, Mac had done a poor job of fielding a competitive team, but the total lack of pass coverage all season is pretty inexcusable.  

That coupled with the lack of effort and accountability from the teams highest paid players is a pretty bad look from an alleged disciplinarian and defensive guru.  

Speculation. The lack of pass coverage comes from the complete collapse of Darrelle Revis who is - and has been - pivotal in Jets defensive schemes. He shuts down the number 1, while the rest of the guys zone up the others. For years it worked great, but Revis fell off a cliff this season and the Jets cannot play man-to-man coverage.

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Agree with you. The Jets, like every NFL team, are a big business. In the world of business, you can count on one hand the number of people who will want to work for, and report to, an assh*le who knows nothing about that business. In the world of the Jets, Woody fits that bill to a tee. That's why no proven commodity will ever come here, unless Woody pulls a Leon Hess from 20 years ago and brings in a proven football person to run this place, and gets the hell out of the way.

Yep.  And what makes it worse is that while Hess took far too long to do the right thing, he did end up doing the right thing, but I don't think Woody has it in him to ever do the right thing.  Of course I might end up being wrong.  But as of now there's NO indication he will change it up in the right direction. 

45 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

Since you did not speak to Woody's setup as an impediment to anyone doing an effective job, I disagree.

That is your right...especially given the fact that you have a track record of being a damn good poster.

Archived