Rapoport: Mangold Being Shut Down

CrazyCarl40

Nick Mangold is the definition of what a Jet should be. He has given us many great seasons and been a pivotal leader on this team for years. Unfortunately this game is a business and Mac should release him or restructure his contract.

24 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Nick Mangold is the definition of what a Jet should be. He has given us many great seasons and been a pivotal leader on this team for years. Unfortunately this game is a business and Mac should release him or restructure his contract.

Up until Mangold openly supported Ryan Fitzpatrick I had the upmost respect for the person and the player having met him on numerous occasions. 

He's been another warrior here as many others only to walk away without a ring. 

I would hope whoever the GM tries to restructure his deal and keeps him around until he's ready and we don't force him out like we did D-Brickshaw Ferguson. 

Nick Mangold can still play this season he hasnt been healthy. 

Makes sense, no reason to play through an injury for a 33 year old center especially when we need to see the younger guys anyway.  Mangold may still have something left in the tank and with plenty of good teams looking for O-line help it may be best for the Jets to work something out and let him  go spend a year or two  with a legit contender trying to get that Super Bowl ring before hanging it up 

We have to restructure him so we can hold on to him for 2 more years. We cannot fill the center, lt, rg and rt in one season. Johnson has been good at center but nothing compared to the level of play Mangold is capable of doing.

He will be pivotal in the success of our next qb because not only is he an extremely good blocker ( slowly on the decline) but he is a cerebral center who can pick out the blitz and the rushers and assign the offense line on how to protect the qb, that is a quality that cannot be overlooked.

48 minutes ago, SR24 said:

I won't lie, I'm biased as all get out on Mangold.

I wanted him (badly) the year we drafted him, and I've worn his jersey since that year (along with my Toon, Chrebet and Ramsey jerseys, of course).

And I want to see him play his entire career as a New York Jet.  Period, stop, end of story.

So I REALLY hope he redoes his deal to some degree so he can stay another few years, then hang it up, and go into the HOF as a lifelong New York Jet (as opposed to all the HOF'ers who had a cup of cofee as a Jet, or were never real Jets (Revis anyone?)).

I know that's emotional, not pragmatic, but **** it, on Mangold I AM emotional, he's one of my all time favorites and I'm not embarrassed to admit it.

Mangold hopefully can be restructured and continue to play for another year or two.  Johnson is slightly underweight for his height and can also play G, so he is a good pivot C/G, because even if Mangold does come back, his likelihood of missing time is not low.

But Mangold MUST report in July in better shape.  I don't know if it is Bowles, the CBA or the Strength and Conditioning Coach, but there seems to be several Jets that were not in physical shape this year.   That is one of the first thing Parcells fixed when he arrived.  This needs to be a new and better commitment.

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This reminds me when kevin mawae led that veteran loudmouth clique a few years back.  They all had to go.  So does Mangold.  Thanks for the yesrs of good play but your time here is up.  

Yeah...the Hold out for Fitz was ridiculous.   

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Mo,Sheldon,Revis all quit so maybe Mangold is quitting too and the fact his boy isn't the QB anymore was he on any injury report he returned last week. 

Will you shut it for once in your miserable life?  A thread about Mangold and all three of your posts are about Fitzpatrick, how long is this going to go on?  You are more annoying than the pats trolls that used to flood this place and that is saying something.

18 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Will you shut it for once in your miserable life?  A thread about Mangold and all three of your posts are about Fitzpatrick, how long is this going to go on?  You are more annoying than the pats trolls that used to flood this place and that is saying something.

How about you shut it,my life is great how about yours, obviously not. 

Dont like my posts put me on ignore does the truth hurt. 

You've chosen to ignore content by Beerfish

Archived