Wolf and Casserly on state of the Jets expanded

RESNewYork

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I think Todd Bowles can be a good head coach, but not in New York, where every move, every expression, every word is analyzed over and over again. The coach that comes here needs to have:

1. A thick skin

2. An ability to implement a system and get the players to believe in it

3. Knowledge of how to play the media

4. A personality, but not completely overt.

Bowles, IMO, has been swallowed up by the negativity surrounding this team

I don't believe that's true... I could care less that he is stoic, or doesn't play the media, or acts like BB in his responses. What I want to see from him as a HC are positive decision making, learning from his mistakes, making the proper adjustments, taking some interest in the offense, etc, etc, etc,,, That's the reason most on here are complaining, he has not shown he can handle those most important parts of being a competent HC. 

I wouldn't fire Bowles and hire another assistant coach from another team.  I would rather give Bowles another season.  The Jets over achieved last year and had a poor season this year. The only way I would make a change is if Woody can bring in a PROVEN HC.

13 hours ago, SBBound said:

Don't think a guy like Wolf has to cover his own ass. He is a legendary mind with a distinguished career.  I'll take his word for it.

Do you think Wolf is going to admit he ****ed up?  Wolf is a has-been, just like Casserly.  Woody hired two has-beens to help him with his coaching search.

3 hours ago, rex-n-effect said:

The decision, at the time, made a lot of sense. Bowles came with positive remarks from Andy Reid, Bruce Arians and Parcells. He had been the interim HC in Miami in 2011 and DC in two places where by his second year the defense was a top ten defense. Those are not unreasonable qualifications.

The problem is Bowles is either: (1) was a good DC but is completely over his head at HC; or (2) he has had one of the luckiest careers falling forward into undeserved jobs and this is just another undeserved promotion. I have to wonder about his DC qualifications. In PHI he took over a team that had a good defense and marginally improved them over two years. They stayed within the same ranking after he left. ARI did see significant improvement with Bowles but has also remained within the same ranking since his departure. One way to look at that is Bowles implemented a winning system. The other way to look at it is he's basically Rex Ryan II who runs a good system when the roster has enough great players to shade Bowles' shortcomings. If he left behind winning systems with those teams one must wonder why he hasn't done the same here. If we've just been Rex'd again then there's not much to say except to admit the mistake and move on. 

All you need to know is that Andy Reid poached Bob Sutton from the J-E-T-S as his handpicked DC in KC rather than bring Bowles with him.

Archived