Not Enough Sacks? Mo Wilk Points to Secondary Struggles

JetNation

10 hours ago, flgreen said:

I understand what your saying, BUT this team needs a rebuild.  The Jets are not going to be a winning team next year.  To much fat has to be cut.  

Got to start thinking young players in the next two drafts.  

Man I hope Macc is better then we see so far.

I think he needs to do better in the lower rounds. Spending a second rounder on Hack was a waste. They're not even dressing him at a time when the team desperately needs to find a future QB. Hoping Jenkins and Burris will turn out to be good. Mauldin is eh. Charone Peake has shown some flashes, and the the O-linemen have yet to even hit the field.

As far #1s go, Williams is a very good player that Macc really had to take when he did. If Lee can get his coverage skills together he will be outstanding.

All in all, Mac hasn't done terribly. It's really too early to tell if his two draft classes will work out

11 hours ago, RSJ said:

I think Mac has done good so far. We agree. Would rather get solid young guys in free agency than superstar big contacts. There are some very good young players - but I am not sure if they will be allowed to hit the open market.

We mostly agree.   The problem with 28 or younger YO  FA's is, if they are good, the teams that drafted them want to keep them.

The only real way to get a 28 YO very good player in FA is to pay a kings ransom.   Some times a team can get very lucky and pick one up who circumstances have kept off the field.  Maybe an injury history, that miraculously goes away, or a mid round pick who is locked behind an All Pro, and can't get on the field.   Very rare though 

Just now, flgreen said:

We mostly agree.   The problem with 28 or younger YO  FA's is, if they are good, the teams that drafted them want to keep them.

The only real way to get a 28 YO very good player in FA is to pay a kings ransom.   Some times a team can get very lucky and pick one up who circumstances have kept off the field.  Maybe an injury history, that miraculously goes away, or a mid round pick who is locked behind an All Pro, and can't get on the field.   Very rare though 

Yeah I mean occasionally you can find one that was cast in the wrong system too. But like you said teams dont let good free agents leave their building often and if they do they are very, very expensive. It would be best if the Jets could get some solid vets for competition and draft well the next two years.

6 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Yeah I mean occasionally you can find one that was cast in the wrong system too. But like you said teams dont let good free agents leave their building often and if they do they are very, very expensive. It would be best if the Jets could get some solid vets for competition and draft well the next two years.

Agree

The draft is the way great teams are formed.  Expensive FA's are best used when you have a very solid team that needs one or two players to jump into the "Big Show".

Adding expensive FA's to a bad team, just to hope , maybe it will improve them to a 9-7 season is a fools errand. Right now the Jets are a bad team.

Macc needs to hit big in his 3rd year, and a few of his young players need to step up.

10 hours ago, j4jets said:

Wait, between Revis calling it quits n Mo blaming the DBs, you want Sheldon gone for sure? Like the only defender that seems pissed off after games, you want him gone cuz he likes to smoke? Shaun Ellis liked to smoke. 

You wait. I said nothing about the pot or even about the insane behavior and arrest and that has nothing to do with it for me.

If he played like he talked I wouldn't care if he was a crack head.

He's playing for money to boot and has done sh*t this year. Highly overrated player for us by a lot of fans

14 hours ago, Freemanm said:

A struggling secondary doesn't explain Mo getting pancaked all game. Real team leaders point the fingers at themselves first. Always. It's so disappointing to see when Mo had such a good attitude and play to go with it two seasons ago. Watching right now what Del Rio has done with this Raiders team. Jets have to hire a proven coach this time. 

Mo stopped being a leader once he got paid . Sheldon will NEVER get paid by us at least .

Archived