Thursday Night Football Raiders-Chiefs

joewilly12

Interesting to see Bob Sutton's defense continuing to be a big reason for KC's success - I read that KC's defense and ST's have contributed 49.5% of their points this year.

I recall from my JI days how Sutton was a dead beat, no good guy who we should run out of town ASAP because he sucked. At least according to the expert fans. :rolleyes:

And here we are again, deciding which coaches are no good at their jobs and wanting them run out of town ...

27 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Interesting to see Bob Sutton's defense continuing to be a big reason for KC's success - I read that KC's defense and ST's have contributed 49.5% of their points this year.

I recall from my JI days how Sutton was a dead beat, no good guy who we should run out of town ASAP because he sucked. At least according to the expert fans. :rolleyes:

And here we are again, deciding which coaches are no good at their jobs and wanting them run out of town ...

I kind of agree with you...we might be saying the same things about Bowles in 2-3 years. Also, I can't stand that Assh*le Kelce on the Chiefs....just waiting for somebody to light his ass up.

41 minutes ago, jamesr said:

I was never on JI but I remember fans being upset w/ Sutton too (I think on NJ.com).  Interesting that he's doing well in KC.

Sutton was a good coach, but he was the Mangini DC.  He was with the Jets from when Parcells hired him for Al Groh.  Stayed through Groh-Herm-Mangini and Rex.  They were all supposed to benefit from his veteran presence and prior HC experience (Army).  The Mangini era D was basically mid-pack and maddeningly conservative.  He was the lone voice of experience and apparently running the schemes Mangini wanted.  Rex kept him around (as LB coach IIRC) and when he went to KC I remember being surprised that I heard him described as running a "Rex Ryan style" pressure D.  

Archived