Odd comment from Bowles regarding Khiry Robinson

AFJF

Bowles was asked about Khiry and he said he's a good punt returner and kick returner.

Now, I could be wrong, but does anyone remember him returning any punts or kicks in the pre-season?

He's only returned 3 kicks as a pro and zero punts, there's nothing in his college bio about returning kicks or punts, and when I interviewed his HC this offseason he didn't say anything about Khiry doing any work as a returner that I can recall.

Can you say a guy is a good kick and punt returner when he's done almost none of it as a pro or in college?

I don't presume to have any idea what Bowles is thinking about returning kicks. Or anything for that matter.  Many of his decisions and statements defy logic.  I do, however, think that the Jets organization believes Khiry could be part of the future plans. 

1 minute ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Yeah I agree, odd statement.

Does he know his own personnel?

Kind of like when Fisher said he was worried about Danny Woodhead on the Patriots a few weeks ago

That reminds me of a funny tweet from Pete Prisco today.  Something along the lines of "I wonder if Jeff Fisher is losing any sleep over having to stop Jamal Anderson this week".

45 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Bowles was asked about Khiry and he said he's a good punt returner and kick returner.

Now, I could be wrong, but does anyone remember him returning any punts or kicks in the pre-season?

He's only returned 3 kicks as a pro and zero punts, there's nothing in his college bio about returning kicks or punts, and when I interviewed his HC this offseason he didn't say anything about Khiry doing any work as a returner that I can recall.

Can you say a guy is a good kick and punt returner when he's done almost none of it as a pro or in college?

It's called, "I think he sucks, but I can't say that so I'll say he's good at something else"

Archived