Jets Value?

ejgiant

At this point it costs me about $7000 a year for season tickets that almost NEVER even fetch face value when sold.  Why are we paying for this product?  Who wins here Woody Johnson a multi millionaire?   Fire Bowles, draft better (you should have with bad records for 5/6 seasons giving you better draft picks), find a QB, and give the fans value.   For the last 6 years there has been NO value.   I would support a MASS default on ticket season holders NOT paying their invoices in April.   Let Woody shell out millions for lawyers to try to recoup money from disgruntled fans.   The PSL's and ticket prices were a scam - just go on stub hub and you could purchase seats for every game for about 1/2 or less than what season ticket holders shell out.  Enough is enough.

Just now, Kleckineau said:

LOL Woody / Multi-millionaire. 

FWIW, We gave up 4 good seats 3 years after the move to Jersey and never regretted it.

Now we buy tix a few times per season or just stay home to boycott a season like this one.

If I had a PSL I would be livid.

Agree, and did the same damn thing.

21 minutes ago, ejgiant said:

At this point it costs me about $7000 a year for season tickets that almost NEVER even fetch face value when sold.  Why are we paying for this product?  Who wins here Woody Johnson a multi millionaire?   Fire Bowles, draft better (you should have with bad records for 5/6 seasons giving you better draft picks), find a QB, and give the fans value.   For the last 6 years there has been NO value.   I would support a MASS default on ticket season holders NOT paying their invoices in April.   Let Woody shell out millions for lawyers to try to recoup money from disgruntled fans.   The PSL's and ticket prices were a scam - just go on stub hub and you could purchase seats for every game for about 1/2 or less than what season ticket holders shell out.  Enough is enough.

that is certainly your option.  i've been to a couple of jet games.  regard;ess of whether they are winning or losing, i just don't see where sitting outside in the cold watching is any bit better than sitting in my living room.  the nfl is a made for tv sport.

as for your idea of a boycott, i'm all for it.  just about all nfl teams charge way too much for tickets.  as a matter of fact, i'll bet that nfl teams can just about survive on tv revenue alone.  the stadium gate is gravy for the owners.  and the fee for the psl was a huge scam, especially if the psl holder was responsible if someone else used the seat.

6 minutes ago, rangerous said:

that is certainly your option.  i've been to a couple of jet games.  regard;ess of whether they are winning or losing, i just don't see where sitting outside in the cold watching is any bit better than sitting in my living room.  the nfl is a made for tv sport.

as for your idea of a boycott, i'm all for it.  just about all nfl teams charge way too much for tickets.  as a matter of fact, i'll bet that nfl teams can just about survive on tv revenue alone.  the stadium gate is gravy for the owners.  and the fee for the psl was a huge scam, especially if the psl holder was responsible if someone else used the seat.

.....when 90 percent of the time you can't see what's happening in the Secondary? I have to respectfully disagree with you.

4 minutes ago, thatboyjack said:

.....when 90 percent of the time you can't see what's happening in the Secondary? I have to respectfully disagree with you.

well i'm glad you go.  i hope you enjoy the games.

in truth the broadcasters wouldn't use goal post cameras or sky cams or super slo mo or have those silly down and distance lines if the game wasn't be marketed to tv.

1 hour ago, ejgiant said:

Nobody is forcing you to pay for anything. You dont like going to the game or watching the Jets play. Don't pay, don't go. Simple.

Complaining about something you willfully do is dumb.

25 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Nobody is forcing you to pay for anything. You dont like going to the game or watching the Jets play. Don't pay, don't go. Simple.

Complaining about something you willfully do is dumb.

Disagree, I go to a 5 star restaurant and the food and service suck I tell other people so they can avoid wasting their hard earned money. 

Word of mouth is the best advertisement in the world. 

Currently heres what I think Jets tickets are worth. 

Image result for 2 cents pics

Look our team was 10-6 last year and some of you were complaining. Coming off of a 4-12. Now we're probably going to be 4-12 again. Spending 5 k is a lot for tickets. I just go to a few games per year and don't want to spend that much money. .And I can skip the exhibition games etc. The rest I watch on TV which is fun for me. It's a personal and an economic decision no boycott no matter how bad we are. Overall our team has usually been competitive since Parcells. 

2 hours ago, ejgiant said:

So in other words you spent the money and now arent happy with the product after the fact and want a refund?  LOL  

If theyre a scam then youre the fool who bought them, like all the rest of us fools, dont whine

2 hours ago, rangerous said:

Football is 1000% better live in person.  You miss most of whats going on watching TV, sorry

3 hours ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

Just STFU and stop embarrassing yourself. Unlike you, I won't be PMing the mods to whine about the above.

Says a he/she with 333 asinine ridiculous non pertinent posts. 

GFY and STFU I don't PM mods to complain about trolls on this board I find them amusing you not so much. 

Says a he/she with 333 asinine ridiculous non pertinent posts. 
GFY and STFU I don't PM mods to complain about trolls on this board I find them amusing you not so much. 

As I correctly said...

Stop your incessant and repetitive whining about everything.

We get it

You hate the Jets

You hate the HC

You hate the GM

You hate the owner

You hate the stadium

You hate virtually all the players

From my reading of your manure pile of the posts is the only football things you truly love are Bill Belichick, Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski and the rest of the New England Cheaters.

Some of us here at JN are Jet fans. I apologize if that bothers and irritates you since you are, in your opinion, the one and only single greatest expert on everything about the NFL. You should probably start your own message board to pass down your brilliance and wizardry to ALL of us lesser beings

1 minute ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

As I correctly said...

Stop your incessant and repetitive whining about everything.

We get it

You hate the Jets

You hate the HC

You hate the GM

You hate the owner

You hate the stadium

You hate virtually all the players

From my reading of your manure pile of the posts is the only football things you truly love are Bill Belichick, Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski and the rest of the New England Cheaters.

Some of us here at JN are Jet fans. I apologize if that bothers and irritates you since you are, in your opinion, the one and only single greatest expert on everything about the NFL. You should probably start your own message board to pass down your brilliance and wizardry to ALL of us lesser beings

WRONG again.............

But in your little pea brain minded world you keep thinking all that and more. 

You are the worst poster on this board. 

I run a fan club here in Charlotte.  like the stadium, when the team is playing well, we are packed. 125 plus fans in a bar cheering on the JETS. ITs a blast.  Monday night, we had maybe 15 people.   When the product is good, it covers a lot of crap.

im with the OP.  I don't know the answer but right now..I don't even want to go to the bar and watch.  

Ill go..but I shake my head. 

Watch what? Revis get burned?

5 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Disagree, I go to a 5 star restaurant and the food and service suck I tell other people so they can avoid wasting their hard earned money. 

Word of mouth is the best advertisement in the world. 

Currently heres what I think Jets tickets are worth. 

Image result for 2 cents pics

My appraisal is a penny less than yours.

Took me awhile to wake up and smell the flatulence but I am so done with Jet's STs.

My fandom and emotional attachment got the better of me for awhile but I am now at peace with my decision.

As long as every Jet game at MetLife has seats available on SH similar to a Tuesday afternoon game at Yankee Stadium against the Padres, it makes absolutely no sense to renew or buy STs.

Keeping Knicks, Devils and even my Rutgers FB STs.  Done with the Jets even though they remain my #1 sports team.

59 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I run a fan club here in Charlotte.  like the stadium, when the team is playing well, we are packed. 125 plus fans in a bar cheering on the JETS. ITs a blast.  Monday night, we had maybe 15 people.   When the product is good, it covers a lot of crap.

im with the OP.  I don't know the answer but right now..I don't even want to go to the bar and watch.  

Ill go..but I shake my head. 

Watch what? Revis get burned?

@southparkcpa I was in Charlotte (for vacay) a few years ago. I remember there being an area w/ a few bars and restaurants in it called "The Epicenter".  I think I was in a bar owned by Dale Earnhardt Jr called Whisky River.  Just wondering if you know of that bar and if you ever did Jets football there? (or in The Epicenter)

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

@southparkcpa I was in Charlotte (for vacay) a few years ago. I remember there being an area w/ a few bars and restaurants in it.  I think I was in a bar owned by Dale Earnhardt Jr.  Just wondering if you know of that bar and if you ever did Jets football there? (or in that complex)

No we are at same bar last 6 years. CharlotteJETSfans.com.  

9 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

LOL Woody / Multi-millionaire. 

FWIW, We gave up 4 good seats 3 years after the move to Jersey and never regretted it.

Now we buy tix a few times per season or just stay home to boycott a season like this one.

If I had a PSL I would be livid.

INVESTMENT GOLD  =  PSL 

Archived