Roll call - Jets @ 49ers

thshadow

7 hours ago, thshadow said:

I just picked up 2 tickets, 8 rows behind the Jets bench on the 45 yard line, for $85 each!

I'm so lucky that both teams are horrible!!!

I'm expecting a 9-6 nailbiter...

That is the only good thing about teams that suck. You can get tickets real cheap. 

46 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Ranger what do you think of petty? I'm sure u moved on and gave up supporting  fitzgarbage lol.. But I will wish him well with his retirement ha

Petty moved it up in the 2nd half and I was impressed with him. More important he gained the respect of his teammates. They played for him down the stretch and what looked like another brutal L became a fun game. I for one was entertained. As for Fitz he's had a bad year but not all his fault because the team sucks. He can retire or find a job somewhere as a backup. I think with him money will be the key issue. If he is only offered like 2 mil I think he'll retire. He might take 4 to 6 and to me a good deal for a team because of his starters experience. Considering all of the Qb injuries. Petty will have to prove he can give the team a chance to win and not make too many mistakes. He was sacked six times today and that's way too much. But great comeback. 

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

Petty moved it up in the 2nd half and I was impressed with him. More important he gained the respect of his teammates. They played for him down the stretch and what looked like another brutal L became a fun game. I for one was entertained. As for Fitz he's had a bad year but not all his fault because the team sucks. He can retire or find a job somewhere as a backup. I think with him money will be the key issue. If he is only offered like 2 mil I think he'll retire. He might take 4 to 6 and to me a good deal for a team because of his starters experience. Considering all of the Qb injuries. Petty will have to prove he can give the team a chance to win and not make too many mistakes. He was sacked six times today and that's way too much. But great comeback. 

Was a great game, comeback.. this just adds to how terrible Todd bowles has been.. It was well known he was afraid to go petty out of fear of his players quitting.. one that shows weakness, failure to make a decision out of fear of how his players will react.. Two, he couldn't have been more wrong with that thought.. As you pointed out, they not only didn't quit, they played with more fire and fight we haven't seen in a long while... This kid should have been playing weeks ago.. So this great fighting win led by petty, only adds to  Todd Bowles bad decisions.. 

As for fitz, sure he can find a 3rd stringer job somewhere.. Sanchez, geno and fitz may ALL be fighting for same job.. doubt he gets 6 mil... maybe 3.. so your right he may decide to retire 

Just now, Jetsplayer21 said:

Was a great game, comeback.. this just adds to how terrible Todd bowles has been.. It was well known he was afraid to go petty out of fear of his players quitting.. one that shows weakness, failure to make a decision out of fear of how his players will react.. Two, he couldn't have been more wrong with that thought.. As you pointed out, they not only didn't quit, they played with more fire and fight we haven't seen in a long while... This kid should have been playing weeks ago.. So this great fighting win led by petty, only adds to  Todd Bowles bad decisions.. 

I think Bowles handled it ok.  The 4 games in Dec is a good sample size for Petty. And he is still unproven. He's played in 3 games with two starts and mostly been ineffective but if Petty can put together 4 ok to decent games he's on the team next year and a candidate to be the starter. I felt he looked ok in pre-season and was better than Geno. 

Archived