Petty is the guy.

CobraVerde

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Hey, I'm very pleased with how he played, showed a lot of commitment today - but it's a bit early to be drawing any conclusions. That was the 1-11 49ers we just squeaked by.

Let's see how he does the next three weeks.

THIS......  Sanchez looked great games 1to 3 his rookie year, Geno had a very good rookie year.

I like what I saw....but 3 games left.   Let's see. 

Just now, southparkcpa said:

THIS......  Sanchez looked great games 1to 3 his rookie year, Geno had a very good rookie year.

I agree it's early and its the 49ers - but lots of good signs. He isn't surrounded by the talent Sanchez was and he didn't mope when he was down like Geno. He rallied his team and won on the West Coast. Very impressive. But you are right ........three games left......lets see some more improvement.

Love his grit. Love his heart. I would have felt much better without the first pass.

I want to see a string of turnover less games and steady improvement. Today was good, he has to get better, they play a ferocious defense next Saturday.

4 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Very good point, remember though compare the defense and oline Sanchez played with to the one Petty is playing with. It was great to see Petty go out and play with fire if he plays well in these 3 big games we may just be on to something. Regardless of who are qb is though, we need to rebuild this damn oline this offseason! Bring on Miami!

5 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

At least he gets his interceptions out of the way to start the game. It's a much refreshing change of pace compared to Fitz who likes to throw them to end the game.

And for bonus points, to tease even more, in the red zone

Petty showed some "moxie" today.  I am encouraged he might be good enough to compete for the 2017 starting gig.

But it was against a team that has lost 11 in a row, with the 29th ranked pass defense.  He didn't exactly light it up.

Take it down a notch.

1 hour ago, CobraVerde said:

No need to waste time on QB talk. Hack is the back up build the team around Petty. 

1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

THE Guy! :-)

Lets see the guy in a few more games before we call him "the guy" He no doubt has all the tools the question will ultimately be as it always is does he have the brains and the ability to produce under pressure in tight games.

Archived