Petty is the guy.

CobraVerde

9 hours ago, BrickzNY said:

To me, Petty is the guy until proven otherwise. There really isn't anyone that would be available that I want starting over Petty. Hackenberg only if he doesn't look as sh*tty as he did in preseason.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Glennon.  Tyrod Taylor if the bills cut him

I'm happy petty won a game and made Bowles look like a doofus but he played ok at best against a bad defense

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, drdetroit said:

I don't trust this coaching staff.  Watch Hack get in a real game and look like Brady

Anything is possible I guess, but Hack looked pretty grim in camp this pre-season.

Hope your right.  Not real trusting  of the coaching staff either. 

6 hours ago, drdetroit said:

I'm happy petty won a game and made Bowles look like a doofus but he played ok at best against a bad defense

So just to be clear, you're writing off Petty completely after his first 2 NFL starts and a few late game fill in appearances?

And Hack based on his rookie year Preseason only.

How long are you planning on giving Glennon before you start demanding he be cut, 3 quarters, or just his first incompletion?

He has to build on his second half.  He made every throw in those two quarters. Lasers in tight windows from the pocket, outside touch passes, out routes to the flat, scrambling darts downfield they all happened in that second half and he only took 2 sacks. 

He needs to figure out his long ball and some back shoulder stuff but there is enough to be encouraged about.

Mixed bag as expected. The one thing I'll say is this, whatever he needs to work on (footwork, internal clock to throw away ball instead of taking sacks, pocket awareness, rhythm with wr's and routes) can all be corrected or developed with reps, time, and experience.

Whereas, his heart, his arm strength, his accuracy on some deep throws and tight windows, his escapability, his poise under pressure, and balls to make a play. None of those can be taught.

I didnt like the sacks. But they weren't all on him. I also prefer a young developing QB to take sacks instead of throwing picks and fumbling (Sanchez , Geno) when the pocket collapses. 

1 hour ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

Sorry

Last thing we need are Tyrod ---we already had our Geno

Or Glennon the Statue who makes Kenny O Brien look like Fran Tarkenton

Have you watched any of the Games he played in or did you just read the scouting reports. I was at 2 of the Games he played in and watched all of his games. I was surprised to see how well he moved in the pocket stepping up and avoiding the rush and finding his open receiver. His scouting reports stated that he had limited mobility in the pocket and doesn't avoid the rush which was a major knock on him coming out of school. I was surprised when I watched him play how well he moved in the pocket and felt the rush. It appeared he countered a lot of his flaws that were written about him when he played, granted it was not a full season but enough to be impressed with given the games he did play in.

2 hours ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

Sorry

Last thing we need are Tyrod ---we already had our Geno

Or Glennon the Statue who makes Kenny O Brien look like Fran Tarkenton

There is a HUGE difference between Geno & Tyrod! Tyrod takes care of the ball. Very few turnovers. Glennon moved around enough, you don't have to be Michael Vick to play QB, Brady, Bradford, Stafford and many more play in the NFL.

22 hours ago, drdetroit said:

I just need to clarify something.

Petty has started 2 NFL games, 1 of which he has won.  Hackenberg hasn't played a snap of real NFL football.  But you want to replace them with Mike Glennon, who is probably going to be no better than Matt Flynn or Matt Cassell was after everyone thought they were the next big thin, or Tyrod Taylor?

I am glad you are not making decisions at HO....no offense. 

Archived