Where Does Geno Smith End Up? Only Serious Posts Please

JetBlue

8 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Geno was the starter until he was IK'OD. It is good for the Jets not to over spend for a back up QB. Have that same back up take reps from Hack and Petty and still have to learn the system. Geno fits all of those categories. Name me another QB who is young and fills those areas I named. 

If Petty is the starter and Hack is the number two then literally anyone can be he number three, even another draft pick. Geno is gone. Get over it. 

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

If Petty is the starter and Hack is the number two then literally anyone can be he number three, even another draft pick. Geno is gone. Get over it. 

You cannot even answer a simple question. Also you are wrong again. If Hack can't beat out Petty he will be number 3. The only one who spews garbage here is you. My content is logical and backed up by factual data. Not just my opinion. 

Geno will be a #2 QB somewhere, someone will take the usual "we can fix all the fatal flaws" flier on him that so many busted QB's get.

See Sanchez, Mark for a recent example.

As to where, who know, all depends on which NFL Head Coach thinks he's the smartest guy around and thinks he can get from Geno what we couldn't.

As for him returning here, wow, that is some serious fantasy thinking.  There is no chance of any kind he's back with the Jets next year.  

Much less "beating out Petty and starting".:rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

You cannot even answer a simple question. Also you are wrong again. If Hack can't beat out Petty he will be number 3. The only one who spews garbage here is you. My content is logical and backed up by factual data. Not just my opinion. 

Why is Hack the number 3 next season? He has all offseason to work on his mechanics and improve. He should be the number two if Petty is the starter. Geno knows the offense. Cool. He's still bad at it. And he's bad in the locker room. This will be my last reply on this topic to you. You're being intentionally obtuse and refusing to see the big picture with this staff and management and the way they have treated him and viewed him as a player. He's a bad QB and it doesn't matter how much he costs or how much he knows because it's obvious he isn't wanted here and he doesn't want to be a Jet anymore. The Geno Smith error is finally over in a few short weeks. 

He's the best QB on this roster so we should do what we should have done last year but I doubt he wants to come back here.  Too many meathead fans calling him the worstest evar while celebrating the moxie of Bryce in coming back to beat a team that had lost 10 in a row.

5 minutes ago, Pac said:

He's the best QB on this roster so we should do what we should have done last year but I doubt he wants to come back here.  Too many meathead fans calling him the worstest evar while celebrating the moxie of Bryce in coming back to beat a team that had lost 10 in a row.

good post

It's hard to believe that there's a Geno thread and even worse how many of the same posters sit here crying for a not very good player. 

Ignoring the idiotic premise of "only talk serious about our injured irrelevant qb that the team hates," I honestly believe he could end up here. If Petty does well enough to be considered for the starting position but not well enough to outright win it, then Geno and Petty is a solid camp competition. Just given success in preseason Petty should win there, and Geno will be a good backup to have.

34 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Why is Hack the number 3 next season? He has all offseason to work on his mechanics and improve. He should be the number two if Petty is the starter. Geno knows the offense. Cool. He's still bad at it. And he's bad in the locker room. This will be my last reply on this topic to you. You're being intentionally obtuse and refusing to see the big picture with this staff and management and the way they have treated him and viewed him as a player. He's a bad QB and it doesn't matter how much he costs or how much he knows because it's obvious he isn't wanted here and he doesn't want to be a Jet anymore. The Geno Smith error is finally over in a few short weeks. 

The Futz error is over, the guy you chose. The QB that set this franchise back two years by signing up again. We have to still pay for this years debacle next year. Geno was a cheaper option and still is next season.

I can see Geno leaving

What kind of chance Geno gets with another team depends on how many experienced QBs come out.  I would think most teams would prefer Glennon.  Geno would have to have some luck to even be considered in the mix for a starter-like some team got stuck trying to find a starter among three free agents.  Those situations don't happen every year.  He has a much better chance of being a backup, but he's not guaranteed to have an offer of any kind.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Geno will be a #2 QB somewhere, someone will take the usual "we can fix all the fatal flaws" flier on him that so many busted QB's get.

See Sanchez, Mark for a recent example.

As to where, who know, all depends on which NFL Head Coach thinks he's the smartest guy around and thinks he can get from Geno what we couldn't.

Disagree.

He's completely unlikable.  I can't see him getting a look in the NFL.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Jetdawgg said:

Geno was the starter until he was IK'OD. It is good for the Jets not to over spend for a back up QB. Have that same back up take reps from Hack and Petty and still have to learn the system. Geno fits all of those categories. Name me another QB who is young and fills those areas I named. 

Can you explain why young is important for a backup?? Unless you think he is going  To start someday, who gives a sh*t about young?

it makes zero sense to bring back Geno unless you think he's a legit starter, zero. Every time Petty or Hack or our newly drafted QB throws an incomplete pass, he will be taking to social media looking to start. Yeah, just what we need.

Just admit you think he's good, and you think he is a legit starter.

6 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Can you explain why young is important for a backup?? Unless you think he is going  To start someday, who gives a sh*t about young?

it makes zero sense to bring back Geno unless you think he's a legit starter, zero. Every time Petty or Hack or our newly drafted QB throws an incomplete pass, he will be taking to social media looking to start. Yeah, just what we need.

Just admit you think he's good, and you think he is a legit starter.

Can't you read? I tasted that it makes good economic sense for the Jets to bring him back. There is dead money due next year, including $5 MM from the stupid signing of Futz. That is not free money. It is money that has to be accounted for. It is money that the Jets can't use to out bid another team for a FA. 

Again, Geno also fills the role of a back up. One who may not have to take reps from Petty or Hack. Like I asked another poster, who else off the street is young and can come in with those attributes? You let me know. I am waiting

Just now, Jetdawgg said:

Can't you read? I tasted that it makes good economic sense for the Jets to bring him back. There is dead money due next year, including $5 MM from the stupid signing of Futz. That is not free money. It is money that has to be accounted for. It is money that the Jets can't use to out bid another team for a FA. 

Again, Geno also fills the role of a back up. One who may not have to take reps from Petty or Hack. Like I asked another poster, who else off the street is young and can come in with those attributes? You let me know. I am waiting

I'll ask again, why is young a need for a backup QB?

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

It's hard to believe that there's a Geno thread and even worse how many of the same posters sit here crying for a not very good player. 

Ignoring the idiotic premise of "only talk serious about our injured irrelevant qb that the team hates," I honestly believe he could end up here. If Petty does well enough to be considered for the starting position but not well enough to outright win it, then Geno and Petty is a solid camp competition. Just given success in preseason Petty should win there, and Geno will be a good backup to have.

The premise is only idiotic to idiots. Carry on.

2 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

You can't help yourself can you?  I guess being a dick just comes natural.

I'd say this warranted name-calling. For sure.

Shame you couldn't find humor in the nature of the thread while still having a good convo.

By that logic the most economic decision is to not sign any additional QBs and just roll with Petty and Hack. If Geno is just coming in as a starter then why is he a better option than Hack?

1 hour ago, NoBowles said:

I'll ask again, why is young a need for a backup QB?

It is a need for the Jets. They are a young team (2017). The need for a veteran much beyond Geno would cost money next season. They are already paying for Futz and after some cuts there will be more dead money. That dead money is not free.

Geno is a good low cost option if he signs. After 2017 things may be different. With 3 games to go this season that would be a conservative effort.

9 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

By that logic the most economic decision is to not sign any additional QBs and just roll with Petty and Hack. If Geno is just coming in as a starter then why is he a better option than Hack?

Geno does not have to be the starter. He may not be ready for PS. He is a back up and maybe a spot starter for 2017 wherever he signs. His best bet may just be to stay here for another season and get healthy. A single year could help both Geno and the franchise.

7 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Geno does not have to be the starter. He may not be ready for PS. He is a back up and maybe a spot starter for 2017 wherever he signs. His best bet may just be to stay here for another season and get healthy. A single year could help both Geno and the franchise.

I'd be shocked if Geno started anywhere next season.  He'll be a backup somewhere because he's cheap and has starting experience but unless some team's qb gets injured we probably won't see him play again for a while

I'm not sure how this is responsive to my last reply. Why would Geno staying here another year be helpful to the franchise? We already have two QBs under contract in 2017. If he is not the starter then what does he add that is not already covered by Petty or Hack?

1 hour ago, rex-n-effect said:

I'm not sure how this is responsive to my last reply. Why would Geno staying here another year be helpful to the franchise? We already have two QBs under contract in 2017. If he is not the starter then what does he add that is not already covered by Petty or Hack?

He has NFL starting experience. Hack does not and may not be a palatable back up or starter. Petty has 3.5 games experience. Experience and cap value along with knowledge of the current system makes him attractive to stay here for the Jets

8 hours ago, Jetdawgg said:

It is a need for the Jets. They are a young team (2017). The need for a veteran much beyond Geno would cost money next season. They are already paying for Futz and after some cuts there will be more dead money. That dead money is not free.

Geno is a good low cost option if he signs. After 2017 things may be different. With 3 games to go this season that would be a conservative effort.

Low cost is one thing, young is another. You continuously say young is a requirement for the backup for this team. I don't get it at all. Actually, I do. You are a Geno fan, and you want him back because you want him to start. Its cool man your entitled to your opinion, just be honest about it, so when he fails miserably you can eat your crow.

9 hours ago, Jetdawgg said:

Your logic forgets one thing:

If Geno Smith is a New York Jet next year, I'm not writing Woody Johnson a check for $5,000 in April, they can kiss my season tickets goodbye.

Multiply by 27,500 season ticket owners representing 82,500 fans.

SAR I

Archived