Mike Williams, WR, Clemson

LAD_Brooklyn

I strongly believe in us needing to improve in getting young skill players on offense. Williams collected 79 receptions for 1,114 yards and 10 touchdowns this season. Miss 2015 season after getting injured in the first game but caught 57 passes for 1,030 yards and six touchdowns in 2014. There's a strong possibility of Marshall or Decker (or both) being cut this year therefore we will need someone with the potential to be a number one target.

I agree with your thinking.

this year and last we have had the strongest receiving corp that I can remember.

unfortunately the team has collapsed this year. Decker is injured and Marshall is looking tuned out.

moving forward were not going to be able to rely on the Marshall/decker combo leading us for very long. Injuries, age and money considerations are going to end this nice run we've had going.

as such we need to keep building. Mike Williams or someone like him is not only nice to have, but necessary or else we'll be going back to our crappy wr ways within a couple years.

10 hours ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Unless our secondary is addressed via free agency, I would expect a CB in round 1. I wouldn't mind the pick though.

I believe you attacking the strength of the draft rather then go position. Going by those terms CB would be a great avenue to look at. However I have to go against my own ideology as our team have neglected getting top offensive prospects. Nor do we have a prominent OC or QB for a weapon to want to jump ship and play within our offense in the FA market. Therefore we have to solve those troubles in the draft. Also lets say we go QB in 2018 draft, what receiver will he have? By then Marshall and Decker will be a shells of themselves if they aren't already. Hopefully Enuwa get re-sign to come back by then. Better yet Mac should extent him this off-season. Williams isn't a must pick pick at our slot but offense is whether it's he, Fournett, Cook or Robinson if we don't go QB.

Even if Marshall and Decker are cut the Jets still have Enunwa, Anderson, Peake, Marshall, and Smith. First round wide receiver is a luxury. If you have a decent QB you can make 3rd round and later receivers look good. Not worth it to me to draft a first round WR unless he's he second coming of Jerry Rice. Williams is solid but he's no Jerry Rice. 

2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Even if Marshall and Decker are cut the Jets still have Enunwa, Anderson, Peake, Marshall, and Smith. First round wide receiver is a luxury. If you have a decent QB you can make 3rd round and later receivers look good. Not worth it to me to draft a first round WR unless he's he second coming of Jerry Rice. Williams is solid but he's no Jerry Rice. 

to be fair... no one knew Jerry Rice would be Jerry Rice

No. 

1. The value is not there if we pick #5 overall. Much better prospects will still be on the board. So even if you go BPA, it will not be M.Williams. But he is definitely going in Rd. 1 (at least for now), so we wont have a shot at him early in rd. 2.

2. The need is not there. You can't assume the Jets will decide to cut Decker and Marshall. In fact, it doesn't really makes sense to cut either guy. Financially, Decker is still owed a ton of money by the Jets. They will take a bad cap hit by cutting him this year- not worth the savings in salary. Yes, Marshall will free up a lot of cap if he is cut. But there are NUMEROUS other avenues to go if the Jets want to free up cap before cutting your best WR. And I think its obvious, despite some of his drops, that Marshall can still play at a very high level- particularly as a possession receiver. So if the Jets hold on to both Marshall and Decker, they are overflowing with WRs, vets, unproven young guys with potential, and up-and-coming young players already making a name for themselves (Anderson and Enunwa). Let's say in 2018 the Jets go for a QB and Marshall and Decker decline dramatically (none of which can be assumed). The Jets could very easily pick up a WR in FA or the 2018 draft. They don't need to spend a 1st rounder b/c of something that is a complete unknown at this point.

3. This would be a complete luxury pic. Massive other needs that will appear as vets are released. Even in a trade down scenario, I would probably not go WR simply because of all the other holes the Jets have. At OL (Mangold, Clady), at CB (Revis), at ILB (Harris), at Pass Rusher, etc. There are two positions that the Jets are pretty set at for the foreseeable future- WR and D-line. Even RB is iffy if Forte has an off year next year. Otherwise, all other positions need to be addressed (O-line, QB, Secondary, ILB and Pass Rusher, TE, etc.         

For the record. I like Mike Williams as a prospect. And if he aces the combine, he will not only be the first WR off the board, he could possibly go in the top 10 b/c he exhbits all the measurables of a prototypical #1 that so many scouts drool over.  

If the Jets move on from Decker or Marshall, I would consider drafting a WR in the mid to late rounds but a better move would be to sign a proven WR in FA.  

4 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

We don;t have a good QB, we don't even have and adequate one.  No way the guys you listed are of the same level as Decker and B Marshall.  No one at all knew that Jerry Rice was Jerry Rice.

I'm not shilling for Williams with our 1st but that position is hardly as solid as people seem to make it out to be.

7 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Take Enunwa out and that's close to all All-JAG WR roster. I favor being more proactive then banking on finding Decker and Marshall's replacement JIT (Just-in-time). Also no decent (average) QB makes a 3rd rounder look better. An elite guy like Brady, Ryan, Rodgers can do so and even there personnel guy made sure they had a prominent receiving target to throw to.

5 hours ago, PepPep said:

No. 

1. The value is not there if we pick #5 overall. Much better prospects will still be on the board. So even if you go BPA, it will not be M.Williams. But he is definitely going in Rd. 1 (at least for now), so we wont have a shot at him early in rd. 2.

2. The need is not there. You can't assume the Jets will decide to cut Decker and Marshall. In fact, it doesn't really makes sense to cut either guy. Financially, Decker is still owed a ton of money by the Jets. They will take a bad cap hit by cutting him this year- not worth the savings in salary. Yes, Marshall will free up a lot of cap if he is cut. But there are NUMEROUS other avenues to go if the Jets want to free up cap before cutting your best WR. And I think its obvious, despite some of his drops, that Marshall can still play at a very high level- particularly as a possession receiver. So if the Jets hold on to both Marshall and Decker, they are overflowing with WRs, vets, unproven young guys with potential, and up-and-coming young players already making a name for themselves (Anderson and Enunwa). Let's say in 2018 the Jets go for a QB and Marshall and Decker decline dramatically (none of which can be assumed). The Jets could very easily pick up a WR in FA or the 2018 draft. They don't need to spend a 1st rounder b/c of something that is a complete unknown at this point.

3. This would be a complete luxury pic. Massive other needs that will appear as vets are released. Even in a trade down scenario, I would probably not go WR simply because of all the other holes the Jets have. At OL (Mangold, Clady), at CB (Revis), at ILB (Harris), at Pass Rusher, etc. There are two positions that the Jets are pretty set at for the foreseeable future- WR and D-line. Even RB is iffy if Forte has an off year next year. Otherwise, all other positions need to be addressed (O-line, QB, Secondary, ILB and Pass Rusher, TE, etc.         

For the record. I like Mike Williams as a prospect. And if he aces the combine, he will not only be the first WR off the board, he could possibly go in the top 10 b/c he exhbits all the measurables of a prototypical #1 that so many scouts drool over.  

If the Jets move on from Decker or Marshall, I would consider drafting a WR in the mid to late rounds but a better move would be to sign a proven WR in FA.  

1. I agree he's not a top 5 guy. uty similar to Cook he's someone that will go top 10-15 who we should monitor depending on how FA and the demand to trade up from other team goes.

2. Whether the Jets cut Marshall and/or Decker or not. The transition process has to begin as injury, age and abilities come into effect. I don't know about you but I don't wait til my car is completely shot to start looking for another one. Even with those guy our offense looked problematic.

3. THe only position that I can coop with us picking defensively is edge rusher. Even then we're still going to have the problems scoring points which is why I wouldn't cancel out the possibility of picking Leonard and Dalvin. Whoa, my bad if I made the intention that he was my top guy on the big board. Also Decker and Marshall for one extra year should factor into this, it's more so whether the staff fill he can be that great number one target in the NFL.

36 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Take Enunwa out and that's close to all All-JAG WR roster. I favor being more proactive then banking on finding Decker and Marshall's replacement JIT (Just-in-time). Also no decent (average) QB makes a 3rd rounder look better. An elite guy like Brady, Ryan, Rodgers can do so and even there personnel guy made sure they had a prominent receiving target to throw to.

Bryce Petty has made UDFA Anderson look like a top round pick. WR is a luxury position. The Jets need a QB or someone to help block for the QB or someone to go get the QB on defense. Period. 

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

but that position is hardly as solid as people seem to make it out to be

Fair enough. But I think if the young WRs (Anderson, Peake, J.Marshall) continue to improve, if D.Smith turns out to be at all productive, and if Enunwa continues his level of production, the WR position will be very much solidified with some nice young talent. Having Decker and/or Marshall would only add to the depth. Now, I know that's a big IF, but not that unrealistic. 

Furthermore, I think this WR group could have looked a lot better if the Jets had some decent QB play.  

5 hours ago, PepPep said:

2. The need is not there. You can't assume the Jets will decide to cut Decker and Marshall. In fact, it doesn't really makes sense to cut either guy. Financially, Decker is still owed a ton of money by the Jets. They will take a bad cap hit by cutting him this year- not worth the savings in salary. Yes, Marshall will free up a lot of cap if he is cut. But there are NUMEROUS other avenues to go if the Jets want to free up cap before cutting your best WR.

I'm not saying they should, but the Jets certainly could cut Marshall and Decker.  Marshall gets $9.5M no dead money and Decker would save $7.25M with $1.5M dead money.  That is a bunch of scratch.  I like Decker, but he is a serious injury risk.  The guy has been hurt a ton going back at least to Minnesota.  Marshall is a strange one to consider.  He has a pretty poor catch percentage, seems to dog it at times and has obvious lapses in concentration. OTOH, he is the kind of horse that a QB can just throw it up to.  Hell, doing that made Fitzpatrick $12M this year.  He is the kind of guy that coaches need to decide if they want around.  Bowles apparently likes him, but I don't know if that is much of an endorsement.

22 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I like Decker, but he is a serious injury risk.  The guy has been hurt a ton going back at least to Minnesota

Decker missed a total of 4 games (not counting this season) in his 6 year career. 

Yes, he has been banged up, he has had some nagging injuries, which he played through, which limited his production. But what you are saying is simply incorrect. Could he NOW be a big injury risk b/c of his shoulder. I dunno. I'm not a doctor. I'm sure it doesn't help him any. But his injury history does not suggest that. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We can't draft this guy, there has never been a good WR named Williams.  :cool:

I went back as far as the 1990 draft.

Terrance, Damian, Mike, Derrick, Chandler, Brandon, Demitrius, Troy (williamson), Mike, Roydell, Harry, Reggie, James, Stepfret, Billy, Kevin, Tyrell, Calvin

28 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

We can't draft this guy, there has never been a good WR named Williams.  :cool:

I went back as far as the 1990 draft.

Terrance, Damian, Mike, Derrick, Chandler, Brandon, Demitrius, Troy (williamson), Mike, Roydell, Harry, Reggie, James, Stepfret, Billy, Kevin, Tyrell, Calvin

Holy sh*t...this is soooo true.  

STAY AWAY!!!!

On 12/20/2016 at 8:20 AM, CrazyCarl40 said:

i'm not for taking williams with the jets first pick but the problem is the mentioned jet receivers aren't going to scare anyone.  obviously williams isn't going to be great right out of the box but it sounds like he has the tools to be a scary player.

On 12/20/2016 at 4:42 PM, LAD_Brooklyn said:

idk, i think that's a little harsh since these guys are just starting out.  even larry fitzgerald started from somewhere.  i do get your point.  the jets won't be scaring anyone with this bunch, yet.

On 12/20/2016 at 0:25 PM, PepPep said:

Fair enough. But I think if the young WRs (Anderson, Peake, J.Marshall) continue to improve, if D.Smith turns out to be at all productive, and if Enunwa continues his level of production, the WR position will be very much solidified with some nice young talent. Having Decker and/or Marshall would only add to the depth. Now, I know that's a big IF, but not that unrealistic. 

Furthermore, I think this WR group could have looked a lot better if the Jets had some decent QB play.  

Agreed.  At least with the WR group there is potential talent that is currently on the team and a decent amount of depth.  Other position groups are vacant of any sort of future potential.  If the Jets were to cut both Marshall and Decker, I could see WR as a need but there just seems to be so many holes, why create more?  Its a good thing there is the off-season to fill some of these holes too bad the Jets are limited on cap space.

QB - Don't have a starter

RB - Powell looks good.  Forte probably has a year left in him, but no depth.

TE - Don't have a starter

OL - LT is needed and depth behind each position

DL - Filled with talent but depth?  Not sure how the guys behind Leonard, Mo and Sheldon.  If Jets were to trade one and one were to miss time during the season, not sure how big of a drop-off the replacement would be. 

LB - depends on who you ask this could be the 3rd best group (behind DL and WR) that needs to find David Harris' replacement soon. Their ILB depth are two veteran LBs, one is 29 and the other 31 at the start of next season.  Mauldin and Jenkins are young and still need to develop.

CB - Need at least one more starter, possibly 2.  Though they do have depth / border line starters with Burris, Williams and a very expensive Skrine.

S - Need at least one more starter, possibly 2.  They lack depth, though a few promising players in Middleton and Miles.

1 hour ago, nyjbuddy said:

Agreed.  At least with the WR group there is potential talent that is currently on the team and a decent amount of depth.  Other position groups are vacant of any sort of future potential.  If the Jets were to cut both Marshall and Decker, I could see WR as a need but there just seems to be so many holes, why create more?  Its a good thing there is the off-season to fill some of these holes too bad the Jets are limited on cap space.

QB - Don't have a starter

RB - Powell looks good.  Forte probably has a year left in him, but no depth.

TE - Don't have a starter

OL - LT is needed and depth behind each position

DL - Filled with talent but depth?  Not sure how the guys behind Leonard, Mo and Sheldon.  If Jets were to trade one and one were to miss time during the season, not sure how big of a drop-off the replacement would be. 

LB - depends on who you ask this could be the 3rd best group (behind DL and WR) that needs to find David Harris' replacement soon. Their ILB depth are two veteran LBs, one is 29 and the other 31 at the start of next season.  Mauldin and Jenkins are young and still need to develop.

CB - Need at least one more starter, possibly 2.  Though they do have depth / border line starters with Burris, Williams and a very expensive Skrine.

S - Need at least one more starter, possibly 2.  They lack depth, though a few promising players in Middleton and Miles.

I kind of disagree on the depth. MY REPLY IN CAPS BOLD ^_^

QB - Don't have a starter AGREED, BUT UNLESS THE ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE QB AVAILABLE AT #6, I WOULD NOT DRAFT A QB. 

RB - Powell looks good.  Forte probably has a year left in him, but no depth. BUT THAT IS DEPTH. YOU HAVE FORTE AND POWELL. YOU CAN EASILY GET A 3RD RB THAT CAN CONTRIBUTE. HOW MANY RBs DO YOU EXPECT THE JETS TO CARRY? HOW MANY OF THEM ARE YOU EXPECTING TO PLAY? 2 GOOD RBS AND A 3RD STRING GUY WHO CAN CONTRIBUTE JUST IN CASE SHOULD BE FINE. 

TE - Don't have a starter YES, BUT ENUNWA IS ESSENTIALLY A SPLIT END AND RECEIVING TE. THE OTHER TE THE JETS CARRIED WAS PRIMARILY A BLOCKER. SO NO, WE DON'T HAVE A 'STARTER' BUT THATS A BIT MISLEADING WITH THE WAY CHAN USED THE TE POSITION. NOW, DID HE DO THIS B/C THE JETS HAD NO OTHER OPTION AT TE? DID HE DO THIS B/C HE FELT NO NEED FOR A TRUE TE? WILL THE NEW OC FEEL LIKE HE NEEDS A LEGIT 3 DOWN TE? I DON'T KNOW.  

OL - LT is needed and depth behind each position TRUE AND NOT TRUE. IF THE JETS DECIDE TO RE-WORK CLADY'S DEAL AND HE IS HEALTHY (THOSE TWO WOULD HAVE TO COINCIDE) THEN WE HAVE A SOLID VET LT STARTER. CARPENTER IS OUR LG. WINTERS IS OUR RG (WITH HIS SHINY NEW CONTRACT) AND MANGOLD IS STILL THE C (UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE). THE JETS NEED A RT AND THAT MAY BE ADDRESSED IN THE DRAFT (BY TAKING A FUTURE LT AND PLAYING HIM ON THE RIGHT SIDE POSSIBLY) OR IN FA OR QVALE CAN TAKE THE NEXT STEP AND SOLIDIFY THE STARTING RT POSITION. AS FAR AS DEPTH, SHELL, DOZIER, W.JOHNSON, C.WATTS. YES, THAT IS NOT GREAT DEPTH. BUT SHELL COULD BE SOLID IF HE CONTINUES IMPROVING AND W.JOHNSON HAS ALREADY SHOWN HE CAN STEP IN AND PLAY WELL.  

DL - Filled with talent but depth?  Not sure how the guys behind Leonard, Mo and Sheldon.  If Jets were to trade one and one were to miss time during the season, not sure how big of a drop-off the replacement would be. SOLID DEPTH IMHO. IF YOU ASSUME A 3-4 AND YOU CONSIDER THE STARTERS TO BE WILK, MCLENDON, WILLIAMS. THEN RICHARDSON, SIMON AND JOHNSON IS SOLID DEPTH. YOU COULD ADD A LOW LEVEL FA IN THERE IF THE JETS WANT TO CARRY MORE LINEMEN OR IF THEY END UP TRADING RICHARDSON.  

LB - depends on who you ask this could be the 3rd best group (behind DL and WR) that needs to find David Harris' replacement soon. Their ILB depth are two veteran LBs, one is 29 and the other 31 at the start of next season.  Mauldin and Jenkins are young and still need to develop. YUP, DEPENDING ON HOW THE DEVELOPMENT OF JENKINS, MAULDIN AND LEE GOES, THIS LB GROUP IS YOUNG, TALENTED AND PROMISING. HAVING SAID THAT, NONE OF THESE GUYS HAVE SHOWN THEY CAN BE FORMIDABLE PASS RUSHERS. SO THE JETS STILL NEED THAT. AND YES, HARRIS WILL NEED TO BE REPLACED SOON, BUT IT DOES NOT NEED TO HAPPEN THIS OFFSEASON. THE URGENCY IS NOT THERE EVEN IF HARRIS WERE A CAP CASUALTY. I THINK HENDERSON OR CARTER COULD STEP IN AND DO A SOLID JOB AS A STARTER. 

CB - Need at least one more starter, possibly 2.  Though they do have depth / border line starters with Burris, Williams and a very expensive Skrine. WITH THE WAY THIS SECONDARY PLAYED (PARTICULARLY THE CBS), THE JETS NEED TO OVERHAUL THE STARTERS. REVIS NEEDS TO BE CUT, SKRINE NEEDS TO EITHER BE CUT OR PUT IN THE SLOT, WILLIAMS CANNOT REALLY HANDLE PLAYING ON THE OUTSIDE AS A #2. I LIKE BURRIS AND ROBERTS. BUT THE JETS NEED TO ADDRESS THE CB POSITION IN THE DRAFT AS WELL AS FA. IMHO. 

S - Need at least one more starter, possibly 2.  They lack depth, though a few promising players in Middleton and Miles. WELL, MY TAKE ON THIS IS THAT THE JETS HAVE SOLID DEPTH AT THE POSITION BUT NOT VERY GOOD STARTERS. PRYOR HAD A DISAPPOINTING SEASON AND GILCHRIST, ALTHOUGH PLAYED SOLID, IS REALLY NOT WORTH THE MONEY HE MAKES AND MAY BE A CAP CASUALTY. MILES, MIDDLETON AND MARTIN CAN ALL BE SOLID CONTRIBUTORS AS DEPTH PLAYERS. BUT AGAIN, THE JETS NEED LEGIT STARTERS. THIS MEANS EITHER PRYOR NEEDS TO STEP IT UP AND HAVE A GREAT CAMP AND PRE-SEASON OR THE JETS NEED TO ADDRESS ONE OR BOTH STARTING POSITIONS IN THE DRAFT OR FA. 

SO MUCH DEPENDS ON WHAT THE JETS DO WITH SOME OF THEIR HIGHLY PAID VETS AND WHO THEY BRING BACK AND BRING IN FROM FA THAT'S ITS HARD TO EVEN TALK ABOUT NEEDS WHEN IT COMES TO THE DRAFT. AND THEY MAY JUST DECIDE TO GO BPA AT #6. OR , CONVERSELY, TRADE DOWN, WHICH WOULD COMPLETELY CHANGE THEIR OPTIONS AND WHICH PLAYERS THEY WANT TO TARGET AND WHICH POSITIONS THEY WANT TO ADDRESS BASED OFF SAID PLAYER AVAILABILITY. 

QB - Agree

RB - This past season 42 RBs ended up on IR.  12 teams had at least 2 RBs on IR.  With Forte's recent injuries and Khiry Robinson not being able to stay healthy, they have Brandon Wilds, Brandon Burks and Romar Morris (who ended up on IR).  They combined for 20 carries and 45 yards.  Maybe one of them will step up next year as they were all rookies. 

TE - Agree.  If you consider Enunwa a TE, they still lack depth.  Hopefully ASJ can stick around and proves to be valuable.

OL - Ryan Clady has graded out as a bottom of the league tackle for that last couple of years.  Carpenter, Mangold, Winters looks good and perhaps Qvale, Ijalana or Shell can play the RT.  That still leaves the LT open with Dozier, Watts and Johnson as the depth in the interior.  "The one bright spot on this line was the play of LG James Carpenter, who has successfully resurrected his career after bombing out of Seattle as a disaster. He has put together back-to-back solid seasons as a Jet, and this year, was even good as a pass protector for the first time in his career. Carpenter allowed just two sacks and three penalties, and was solid as a run blocker—but that’s about where the good news for this unit ends. Of the other starters, the best play from them was pretty average, with RG Brian Winters (77.1 overall grade) at least holding his own, even if he wasn’t consistently winning his blocks. Both tackle spots were a problem for the team all season, with Ben Ijalana allowing eight sacks on the year and Ryan Clady looking like a shadow of his best play. One game against the hapless 49ers aside, C Wesley Johnson struggled in relief of Nick Mangold, who played just 433 snaps before injury struck. "  -PFF

DL, LB, CB, S - Agree. Though Erin Henderson, Ben Ijalana, Bruce Carter, Wesley Johnson, Josh Martin and Marcus Williams are all pending FA which means they need to be re-signed to be considered depth.  Add a long snapper (Tanner Purdum) to the list of free agents to re-sign.

The challenge for Maccagnan this off-season is that currently the Jets are nearly $8M over the cap.  Their drafts pick will add another $7M (unless they trade them away).  So realistically they are looking at $12M over the cap as the draft picks would replace the lower paid players in the top 51.  Re-signing the above free agents would probably eat into the cap another $4M in total.  So $16 over.  If they were to cut Revis($9M), Clady($10M), Skrine($6M), Gilchrist($4.5), Giacomini($4.5), they would still be looking at $18M to spend in FA.  By cutting anymore players, you'd be opening up holes that is currently filled by a viable starter (as stated through the above exercise like Harris and Mangold).  Last year, the Jets carried approximately $5M in cap space into the season.  So they are looking a $13M in cap space to sign free agents.  By cutting Decker and or Marshall, it could open up the cap space (an extra $13.25M) to sign more free agents to fill the holes above.  Then it would make more sense to draft a player like Mike Williams who would become your #1 WR.

A starting LT not on their rookie contract averages $10.3M

A starting QB not on their rookie contract averages $20M

• 2 weeks later...

meh

the jets don't have the 3 pillars, they don't have a foundation.  I would like them to focus on the hierarchy of football needs;

get the QB

protect the QB

rush the QB

from what I have read, there isn't a QB or LT worthy of the #6 pick so either trade down or take one of the edge guys if he is still there

so DE it is, lol

On January 29, 2017 at 8:23 AM, Larz said:

meh

the jets don't have the 3 pillars, they don't have a foundation.  I would like them to focus on the hierarchy of football needs;

get the QB

protect the QB

rush the QB

from what I have read, there isn't a QB or LT worthy of the #6 pick so either trade down or take one of the edge guys if he is still there

so DE it is, lol

Can Robinson is worth the 6 pick.

I agree we desperately need at least two bona fide edge rushers.  Sign JPP and draft Taco at 6 or hope Tim Williams falls to 39

Not a Williams fan.  Outside of the QBs, he strikes me as the biggest bust potential in the top 10.  Even if I was a fan, I think there's better WR value later in the draft.  Juju Smith-Schuster, for example, has number 1 type talent and moxy and he is projected currently as a 2nd/3rd rounder.  Had he been able to come out after freshman and sophomore seasons, he'd be a surefire 1st round pick.  He's down year could be our gain.

Just now, Tinstar said:

With the receivers already on our roster, i'm looking for a kid like Enunwa was coming out of Nebraska . Someone like Jalen Robinette from Air force  

I think we all might be guilty of overvaluing our WRs.  If Marshall and Decker get cut/traded like I think they should, we should look into investing an early pick on the position.

Archived