Interesting situation

Klecko73isGod

Week 17 result  

71 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want the Jets to do week 17?

• Win, and most likely hand Rex Ryan a loss in his final game as a head coach.
    • Tank it for a draft pick.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Easy, lose, better draft pick, better chance of Rex staying in Buf, huge wins all around

I think Rex is gone regardless. 

However, if Pegula makes his job contingent on beating the Jets in week 17, I would think there are quite a few Jets fans who would want to stick it to him.

3 minutes ago, jamesr said:

How about (c) - win and still pick at the same spot regardless? It's entirely possible that this could happen.

Unless we beat the Patsies this week.

:lol: 

+1

And who wants to 'tank' when we have a young QB trying to gain some experience? I'm much rather have Petty go out, play like an NFL starter, hand Rex a loss, and pick #5 instead of #4.

Ya LOSE. Obviously.

But once again, and I keep saying this, there is no tanking in the NFL. The only semblance of 'tanking' is playing young players to see what they can do. Every player will play hard, they are all playing for their next contract- including the coach. At the very least, the vets who don't have much incentive to try hard, also don't really care about how high we draft next year. And the majority of vets have pride in their play. 

So simply put- the young Jet players will all play hard. And I hope they do well. In a losing effort. 

35 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Jets fans will have an interesting quandary in Week 17.

This is a tough one because it's more about Bowles than Ryan.

We clinched last place in the division, so the Bills can't get a better pick than us.  Winning would embarrass Rex, would feel good, send a bit of positivity towards the new year, and get Petty his second W and some heat off his back in the offseason.

On the other hand, a part of me knows that Todd Bowles has lost control of the team and isn't going to be the guy to lead us to glory.  If the Jets rally and play a spirited contest it will send a signal to Woody Johnson to keep him around for another year.

So the question really asks if we want Todd Bowles back.  I don't know if I do.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

We clinched last place in the division, so the Bills can't get a better pick than us.  Winning would embarrass Rex, would feel good, send a bit of positivity towards the new year, and get Petty his second W and some heat off his back in the offseason.

On the other hand, a part of me knows that Todd Bowles has lost control of the team and isn't going to be the guy to lead us to glory.  If the Jets rally and play a spirited contest it will send a signal to Woody Johnson to keep him around for another year.

SAR I

I'll make this easy on you. I don't think Bowles is going anywhere. 

I think Fitz and/or Gailey will take the fall. 

30 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Bowles not coaching the Jets in 2018.  If he is, it's his last contract year.  Ok. Maybe the giants did that with Coughlin.  Maybe he does.  

I think the goal is to play hard but with the youth.  If they draft lower, they take OL.

9 minutes ago, Larz said:

doesn't matter what we want, the bills will be flying around, the jets will quit by halftime

I'm in a quandary about what to do with my tickets to that game.

I'm leaning towards giving them away if anyone in my circle of friends will take them.

I am hoping when I offer they will not look at it as an insult.

4 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

I'm in a quandary about what to do with my tickets to that game.

I'm leaning towards giving them away if anyone in my circle of friends will take them.

I am hoping when I offer they will not look at it as an insult.

I know I am not in your circle but.......Ill take the tix for free. I can use them as a stocking stuffer for my douche bag brother in law.

2 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

I know I am not in your circle but.......Ill take the tix for free. I can use them as a stocking stuffer for my douche bag brother in law.

Sounds like it might be an appropriate gift for him.

Thanks but if no one in my circle wants them I have my own set of douche bags.

1 hour ago, shuler82 said:

+1

And who wants to 'tank' when we have a young QB trying to gain some experience? I'm much rather have Petty go out, play like an NFL starter, hand Rex a loss, and pick #5 instead of #4.

With our slow lazy pathetic defense Petty can play like an NFL starter and we can still lose. By +30 even. 

2 hours ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Jets fans will have an interesting quandary in Week 17.

I don't think winning is an option. I mean, we've been trying but at this point, its worthless even if Brady was on the Jets team. No one can save this ship and I hope the only ship that sinks is Bowles'. 

If we can close out the year with a decent performance against NE and beat the Bills it should be enough to set Petty up as starter for 2017. Also we should be able to find out if Fitz is actually able to help Petty, and if so he would make a good backup for next year, but not at starter money.

Jets have enough needs so a slight change in draft position shouldn't hurt us. Its way more valuable to be able to evaluate Petty's improvement/coach-ability etc.

Bills game should be good ie division rivalry, vs ex old HC, new QB, Bowles trying to save job. 

2 minutes ago, NZ Jets Fan said:

If we can close out the year with a decent performance against NE and beat the Bills it should be enough to set Petty up as starter for 2017. Also we should be able to find out if Fitz is actually able to help Petty, and if so he would make a good backup for next year, but not at starter money.

Jets have enough needs so a slight change in draft position shouldn't hurt us. Its way more valuable to be able to evaluate Petty's improvement/coach-ability etc.

Bills game should be good ie division rivalry, vs ex old HC, new QB, Bowles trying to save job. 

If Bryce Petty plays poorly we have some serious off season considerations to make. 

We could seriously not have 1 decent QB on the roster. 

Lets hope for the best. 

Just now, OH THE PAIN said:

What did you do with the real joewilly12 ?

My feelings are known no sense in arguing the same old same old day in and day out trying to get others to believe. 

The proof happens on game days and it becomes the truth no need for me to preach it any more.

Peace be with you brother Jets fan. 

Archived