Interesting situation

Klecko73isGod

Week 17 result  

71 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want the Jets to do week 17?

• Win, and most likely hand Rex Ryan a loss in his final game as a head coach.
    • Tank it for a draft pick.

Last thing we want to see is a Cleveland style rebuild, at least we have a something to build on. The strategy of finding 53 NFL caliber players in the draft by trading down doesn't work. Cleveland [arguably] went 2/14 in this years draft, if they miss next as badly could almost kill the franchise similar to how 76ers have f'd themselves in the NBA. 

And at least our owner may be going to London in a political role wheres the Browns owner may want to go to avoid jail time.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Flushing Roots said:

I'm in a quandary about what to do with my tickets to that game.

I'm leaning towards giving them away if anyone in my circle of friends will take them.

I am hoping when I offer they will not look at it as an insult.

lol

if the jets get blown out by the pats* , that game could get real ugly real fast.  

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

This is a tough one because it's more about Bowles than Ryan.

We clinched last place in the division, so the Bills can't get a better pick than us.  Winning would embarrass Rex, would feel good, send a bit of positivity towards the new year, and get Petty his second W and some heat off his back in the offseason.

On the other hand, a part of me knows that Todd Bowles has lost control of the team and isn't going to be the guy to lead us to glory.  If the Jets rally and play a spirited contest it will send a signal to Woody Johnson to keep him around for another year.

So the question really asks if we want Todd Bowles back.  I don't know if I do.

SAR I

it's not tough because no matter what i think the team is going to play the way they want.  but you are right.  these last few games are just as much about bowles job as much as the players. the thing is the way this team has been playing of late it's hard to see how bowles turns this around even next season.

12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

This game being on Christmas Eve is not good as far as I'm concerned with the way we are playing. 

Jets fans have endured so much over the years this game and the Bills game could be the icing and the cherry on the cake for the 2016 season.

You mean the final nail in the coffin.

Ya LOSE. Obviously.
But once again, and I keep saying this, there is no tanking in the NFL. The only semblance of 'tanking' is playing young players to see what they can do. Every player will play hard, they are all playing for their next contract- including the coach. At the very least, the vets who don't have much incentive to try hard, also don't really care about how high we draft next year. And the majority of vets have pride in their play. 
So simply put- the young Jet players will all play hard. And I hope they do well. In a losing effort. 

I don't think the vets, Richardson and Wilkerson got that memo. They quit a while ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Klecko73isGod said:

I think Rex is gone regardless. 

However, if Pegula makes his job contingent on beating the Jets in week 17, I would think there are quite a few Jets fans who would want to stick it to him.

If that were the case I'd want him to win and stay in the division. One less opponent to worry about once we straighten our sh*t out.

2 hours ago, NZ Jets Fan said:

If we can close out the year with a decent performance against NE and beat the Bills it should be enough to set Petty up as starter for 2017. Also we should be able to find out if Fitz is actually able to help Petty, and if so he would make a good backup for next year, but not at starter money.

Jets have enough needs so a slight change in draft position shouldn't hurt us. Its way more valuable to be able to evaluate Petty's improvement/coach-ability etc.

Bills game should be good ie division rivalry, vs ex old HC, new QB, Bowles trying to save job. 

Lol. If we close out the year,lmao! The Cheaters have lost like 2 games at home in the regular season for like 5 years. The Bills will beat us by at least 17 points in the finale, Jets finish 4-12, book it!

I can't wait to see four down territory all game long and fake punts and field goals. Rex always has the best going out of business games. Chances are we lose which would be alright for as far as our draft is concerned but I wouldn't hate sweeping them. Win/win.

I've pondered this for a while. Originally I thought this was going to come down to us knocking the Bills out of the playoffs and missing out on another quarterback in the draft because of it. This is because every single time we have laughed at Rex's misfortune, he screws us. He screwed us out of Mariota as we laughed at his eminent firing in 2014, and he ****ed us out of the playoffs last year as we laughed at the Bills going down as we knew they inevitably would with Rex.

Now that they're not making the playoffs, (and I think Rex is definitely getting fired) one of two things will happen:

1. We beat Rex, blow each other for a few hours on the forum about it, then sadly come to the realization that we just cost ourselves 2-3 draft slots. When April comes, whatever draft slot we lost lands a quarterback, who inevitably goes on to have success. Marking the third time in 10 years that the Jets played themselves out of a really good quarterback for meaningless December wins. And no, I have no idea who this quarterback will be. But he will exist.

2. We lose to Rex, complain about Bowles for a few hours on the forum about it, there will be no quarterbacks worth drafting that high, and we will draft a cornerback or another DL in April.

That's it. Those are our only too options.

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I've pondered this for a while. Originally I thought this was going to come down to us knocking the Bills out of the playoffs and missing out on another quarterback in the draft because of it. This is because every single time we have laughed at Rex's misfortune, he screws us. He screwed us out of Mariota as we laughed at his eminent firing in 2014, and he ****ed us out of the playoffs last year as we laughed at Bills going down as we knew they inevitably would with Rex.

Now that they're not making the playoffs, (and I think Rex is definitely getting fired) one of two things will happen:

1. We beat Rex, blow each other for a few hours on the forum about it, then sadly come to the realization that we just cost ourselves 2-3 draft slots. When April comes, whatever draft slot we would have had we lost lands a quarterback, who inevitably goes on to have success. Marking the third time in 10 years that the Jets played themselves out of a really good quarterback for meaningless December wins. And no, I have no idea who this quarterback will be. But he will exist.

2. We lose to Rex, complain about Bowles for a few hours on the forum about it, there will be no quarterbacks worth drafting that high, and we will draft a cornerback or another DL in April.

Third option. Bruce Petty lights it up and becomes the QB we been waiting for since Namath. We release him and play Hackenburgh because Big Macc is smarter than everyone else. Petty go's on to win 4 Superbowls in Cleveland and Hackenburgh turns out worse than expected. Come on dude. Stop with the negativity. 

8 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I've pondered this for a while. Originally I thought this was going to come down to us knocking the Bills out of the playoffs and missing out on another quarterback in the draft because of it. This is because every single time we have laughed at Rex's misfortune, he screws us. He screwed us out of Mariota as we laughed at his eminent firing in 2014, and he ****ed us out of the playoffs last year as we laughed at the Bills going down as we knew they inevitably would with Rex.

1. We beat Rex, blow each other for a few hours on the forum about it, then sadly come to the realization that we just cost ourselves 2-3 draft slots. When April comes, whatever draft slot we lost lands a quarterback, who inevitably goes on to have success. Marking the third time in 10 years that the Jets played themselves out of a really good quarterback for meaningless December wins. And no, I have no idea who this quarterback will be. But he will exist.

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Third option. Bruce Petty lights it up and becomes the QB we been waiting for since Namath. We release him and play Hackenburgh because Big Macc is smarter than everyone else. Petty go's on to win 4 Superbowls in Cleveland and Hackenburgh turns out worse than expected. Come on dude. Stop with the negativity. 

I was all excited about the part where we get to blow each other, then you ruined it.

5 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Have you seen the QB's in this years draft?

6 hours ago, The Crusher said:

laughing jk simmons j jonah jameson guffaw

1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

Have you seen the QB's in this years draft?

Yes. And I'm sure this is the point in the conversation where your average draft blog reader decides to flex their blog reading muscles and explain how this isn't a QB rich draft because Walterfootball says so and there will be nobody worth taking that high, despite the fact that it's December and the draft process hasn't even started yet. We're all experts. I get it.

What I'm saying is none of that matters. If we're drafting high enough, there won't be any quarterbacks worth taking. If we aren't drafting high enough, there will be. That's how rooting for this godforsaken franchise works. We are stuck on the Nostromo until we die and the sooner you schlimazels get that through your thick skulls the better off we'll be.

12 hours ago, shuler82 said:

+1

And who wants to 'tank' when we have a young QB trying to gain some experience? I'm much rather have Petty go out, play like an NFL starter, hand Rex a loss, and pick #5 instead of #4.

And it still feels good to win!  I agree with you Shuler82

2 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Yes. And I'm sure this is the point in the conversation where your average draft blog reader decides to flex their blog reading muscles and explain how this isn't a QB rich draft because Walterfootball says so and there will be nobody worth taking that high, despite the fact that it's December and the draft process hasn't even started yet. We're all experts. I get it.

What I'm saying is none of that matters. If we're drafting high enough, there won't be any quarterbacks worth taking. If we aren't drafting high enough, there will be. That's how rooting for this godforsaken franchise works. We are stuck on the Nostromo until we die and the sooner you schlimazels get that through your thick skulls the better off we'll be.

I think you just have the holiday blues.

7 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Great, I'm all in for a QB, but not all in for a QB that isn't of an NFL standard. Just like you I've had to endure this sh*t show so trust me I know how it feels.

Im not high on any of these top picks this year at QB. I'm not for us throwing a top 5 pick away just because a QB is available. If we invest in one, and he's sh*t we have him for a min of 3 years!

More idea when the combines done.

12 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Great, I'm all in for a QB, but not all in for a QB that isn't of an NFL standard. Just like you I've had to endure this sh*t show so trust me I know how it feels.

Im not high on any of these top picks this year at QB. I'm not for us throwing a top 5 pick away just because a QB is available. If we invest in one, and he's sh*t we have him for a min of 3 years!

More idea when the combines done.

This is why we can't have nice things.

23 hours ago, Klecko73isGod said:

I think Rex is gone regardless. 

However, if Pegula makes his job contingent on beating the Jets in week 17, I would think there are quite a few Jets fans who would want to stick it to him.

Agreed, , Pegulas realize that Bills will never be better than a .500 team so long as Rex is HC. Bills fans threatening to Burn their season tix if they keep him aboard. they're firing him no matter what happens.

3 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

What's Jamarcus Russell doing?

JaMarcus Russell says he's willing to play for free for another NFL shot

Former No. 1 overall pick for the Raiders JaMarcus Russell -- the worst pick for Oakland in the last decade -- hasn't played in the NFL since 2009. But he would love to come back.

So much so that he told Sports Illustrated he would actually be willing to play for free! 

"God makes things happen for a reason," Russell said. "Who's to say? You might see me back. You never know, man. You never know.

"Whatever it is -- I can be a water boy and work my way into a scout team. It doesn't matter. I'll go play for free."

Russell is probably willing to play for free because he took the Raiders for a serious amount of money: when he signed his rookie contract in 2007, the former LSU star netted a six-year, $61 million deal.

He didn't see the whole deal, having been cut by the Raiders after just three years with the team. But he did get more than $36 million from the team and then later landed a $3 million settlement from Oakland to try and wrap up the process. 

Russell told SI he wrote a letter to Jerry Jones offering to lead the Cowboys' scout team for free for one year in exchange for the opportunity.

"I am willing to lead the scout team for free for one year just to get experience in your system," SI says he wrote to Dallas.

Jamarcus_Russell_Cowboys_Scout_Team_SI_V
Jamarcus Russell would be willing to play football for free. (USATSI)

"I know that my name does not carry much weight in the NFL right now, but I am more than the image that others have bestowed on me," Russell wrote. "I've been labeled as a bust, I have been labeled as lazy and I have been the targets of many insults by the media. The blame for any negative press that I've received rested squarely on my shoulders. ... My tribulations have humbled me. I am a better man because of my struggles, and I simply desire an opportunity [to] redeem myself. I do not want my legacy to be a trail of unfulfilled dreams and missed opportunities."

Russell's been willing to play for just about anyone now for quite some time (he attempted a comeback in 2013) so his willingness to dive back into the NFL, even at the waterboy level, shouldn't be entirely surprising.

Archived