adb280z

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TIMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mets consider promoting Tim Tebow

Posted by Mike Florio on May 12, 2017, 7:45 AM EDT
614382572-e1494589473337.jpg?w=233Getty Images

The Columbia Fireflies may soon be losing their cash cow.

Via the New York Post, the Mets are considering the possibility of promoting Tim Tebow from the Single-A affiliate. The move, if it happens, likely would occur after the All-Star Game in July.

Tebow, who hit two home runs in the first three games of the year but none since then, has a .849 OPS over the last 16 games. (I don’t know what that means but apparently it’s good).

He also has a slash line of .250/.330/.370. (I don’t know what that means but apparently it’s good.)

Tebow’s presence has been a boon for attendance at the games played by his team. The team that would next benefit from his presence on the roster is surely counting the days until they’ll be counting the money that comes from having him on the roster. (I do know what that means, and it’s definitely good.)

Share this:

18 minutes ago, faba said:

Tebow coming to lakewood NJ this weekend - they expect record attendance. Next stop to prop attendance and revenue St Lucie

Best thing for minor league baseball since Jordan was touring with the AA White Sox.

Don't really have much met fan friends and the met message boards are a bigger dumpster fire than usual, no where to real ask this and get a real response.

But were the Mets better off retaining Murphy than ces, I get it that a team in this market should be able to afford both considering what Murphy signed for and that without Ces we don't even go on that magical run to end 15. Also understand that Ces is a game changer and there was no way of predicting what was ahead, just gotta laugh because normally the Mets would've signed the Murphy player on the cheap and let the Ces player walk for a bullsh*t reason when it was really money. This time they opt for the one a big market WS contender should (if they were only goin after one) and it seems like again they got the wrong one. Also gotta laugh that through all the years of contact but no power and sh*tty fielding Murphy he finally puts it all together 6 weeks before free agency and the Mets have to guess if it's for real or not. Just gotta shake your head as a met fan. 

As a met, jet and ranger fan I am numb to it. This current rangers run is the most extended success a team I root for has had. Sad 

5 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

Don't really have much met fan friends and the met message boards are a bigger dumpster fire than usual, no where to real ask this and get a real response.

But were the Mets better off retaining Murphy than ces, I get it that a team in this market should be able to afford both considering what Murphy signed for and that without Ces we don't even go on that magical run to end 15. Also understand that Ces is a game changer and there was no way of predicting what was ahead, just gotta laugh because normally the Mets would've signed the Murphy player on the cheap and let the Ces player walk for a bullsh*t reason when it was really money. This time they opt for the one a big market WS contender should (if they were only goin after one) and it seems like again they got the wrong one. Also gotta laugh that through all the years of contact but no power and sh*tty fielding Murphy he finally puts it all together 6 weeks before free agency and the Mets have to guess if it's for real or not. Just gotta shake your head as a met fan. 

As a met, jet and ranger fan I am numb to it. This current rangers run is the most extended success a team I root for has had. Sad 

No one, not even Murphy thought he was going to turn into the hitter that he has.  If he thought it was gonna happen he'd have taken the 1 year qualifying offer from the Mets and been able to sign a much bigger contract after the 2016 season.

5 hours ago, adb280z said:

No one, not even Murphy thought he was going to turn into the hitter that he has.  If he thought it was gonna happen he'd have taken the 1 year qualifying offer from the Mets and been able to sign a much bigger contract after the 2016 season.

Completely agree. That was my point, the one time the Mets go after the better more expensive player instead of the poor man whoever they still don't end up with the better player 

11 hours ago, NoBowles said:

How about saying the team has a crap bullpen?

Hard to believe, but the bullpen has actually pitched to a better ERA than the starters this season.  4.93 for the pen vs 5.16 for the rotation.  So the bullpen is crap, but so to are the starters.  Between injuries and ineffectiveness, the pitching staff as whole is a mess.  Score 17 runs in a 3 game series and get swept???

Only good thing to come out of this weekend series is that I didn't stay up there for yesterday's game.  

Remember when the Mets were stocked with arms and all they needed was some timely hitting?

I'm just about ready to go straight youth movement on this team.  Sit all the sh*tty aging vets and call up all the talent.   Conforto and Riveria have already proven they belong, lets bring up Smith and Rosario.  Push Rivera over to 2nd, let Smith play 1st.  Call up Nimmo, call up Cecchini.  Play them all.  Why not? Even if they did make this season respectable at some point, they dont have a chance vs. the best teams in the NL. 

THIS SHOULD BE BLACK MONDAY (if not today it MUST happen on thursday)

DFA/CUT

Curtis Granderson

Lucas Duda

Juan Lagares

Sean Gilmartin

Fernando Salas

Call up

SS Amed Rosario

1B Dominic Smith

OF Brandon Nimmo

SP Tyler Pill

SP Logan Taylor

RP Alberto Baldonado

Demote

Robert Gsellman

New Lineup

CF Reyes

SS   Rosario

LF Conforto

1B   Smith

3B   TJ Rivera

RF Bruce

2B Walker

C Rivera

BENCH

C  Plawecki

Inf Flores

Inf Reynolds

OF Nimmo

Pitching

SP  deGrom

SP  Wheeler

SP  Harvey

SP  Pill

SP Milone

RP  Reed

RP Baldando

RP Blevins

RP Edgin

RP Sewald

RP Robles

RP  Montero

RP  Taylor

Reyes has until Cespedes is ready to prove his worth.

11 hours ago, JiF said:

Remember when the Mets were stocked with arms and all they needed was some timely hitting?

I'm just about ready to go straight youth movement on this team.  Sit all the sh*tty aging vets and call up all the talent.   Conforto and Riveria have already proven they belong, lets bring up Smith and Rosario.  Push Rivera over to 2nd, let Smith play 1st.  Call up Nimmo, call up Cecchini.  Play them all.  Why not? Even if they did make this season respectable at some point, they dont have a chance vs. the best teams in the NL. 

With the potential of this SP, there is still hope. Gotta say close sneak in and hope pitching comes back healthy and pitching to expectations. Still a tough out 

On 5/17/2017 at 8:56 PM, deucebag said:

forgive me, but Terry must be fired before Friday.....must win game, had the lead and you bring in Gsellman in the 7th?

If you watch Mets highlights, those are the highlights they show when a manager/HC gets fired. And since you cannot fire 25 guys, etc. Gotta change some variable.

They should call up that Mr. Backman and offer an incentive/option deal. He would jump at it and win some games. Alas the criminal morons that run the Mets have less balls than they have brains, nothing from nothing leaving nothing. 

7 hours ago, Bugg said:

If you watch Mets highlights, those are the highlights they show when a manager/HC gets fired. And since you cannot fire 25 guys, etc. Gotta change some variable.

They should call up that Mr. Backman and offer an incentive/option deal. He would jump at it and win some games. Alas the criminal morons that run the Mets have less balls than they have brains, nothing from nothing leaving nothing. 

He got fired from a Mexican league team after 42 games 

Archived