2017 Mets thread!

adb280z

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DeGrom vs. Colon on Wed! You think Colon wants this one??! He's going to be using all the tricks he's learned over the years to try an confuse the Mets hitters.

A lot of crap off the plate at all different speeds.... I hope the Mets pitchers took advantage and learned from this guy.

Then it'a Harvey and Wheeler..... what a deep rotation!

1 hour ago, faba said:

Old saying can not have enough pitching Matz and Lugo questionable on when they might be able to return. Good thing we have depth

Unfortunately, with Matz and Lugo on the shelf, that depth is gone. 

4 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

Bartolo will be a guy I will always root for now (except playing the mets, of course )

think he's gonna get a pretty decent ovation tonight 

No doubt. Too bad he moved on. But with Gsellman, Lugo, and others coming up it made sense.

I still wonder whether it was to save The Coupons some dinero. They always seem to need to save, to get their two cents back. When you consider them and the totality of the circumstances Sandy did a tremendous job 

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

That guy is at least 50% of all Mets fans. 

He's gotta be 50% of all commuters. I get transportation notifications and it seems like every other day there's a mass transit cluster**** derailment/track issue. It's unbelievable. Thank God I don't commute into the city anymore

On 4/4/2017 at 8:01 AM, Anthony Jet said:

Bartolo will be a guy I will always root for now (except playing the mets, of course )

think he's gonna get a pretty decent ovation tonight 

How can you not root for him? 

Guy pitched a lot of innings, left everything out there, had the HR of the year, and is just a likable guy at this stage of his career.

44 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

He is a terrible Qb, not worth the circus that follows him and not a very good baseball player but it's hard not to root for him

I love it. Great for MILB. This is like when Birmingham brought Jordan on. Minor leagues are supposed to be laid back and fun, the fact that they've got crowds like that because of him is awesome.

Solid win
gotta win series. Especially against lower division opponents 

Yup. A really nice win. Strong outing for Harvey, may not have had big strikeout numbers but he was efficient and threw strikes. Almost 7 innings on less than 80 pitches is something I hope we see a lot more of out of this staff. And it was really nice to see the bats come round a bit in the late innings. Very good win to take the series.

Now looking forward to seeing what Wheeler can do tomorrow night.

Sent from my SM-T320 using JetNation.com mobile app

6 hours ago, Lith said:

Yup. A really nice win. Strong outing for Harvey, may not have had big strikeout numbers but he was efficient and threw strikes. Almost 7 innings on less than 80 pitches is something I hope we see a lot more of out of this staff. And it was really nice to see the bats come round a bit in the late innings. Very good win to take the series.

Now looking forward to seeing what Wheeler can do tomorrow night.

Sent from my SM-T320 using JetNation.com mobile app

Very encouraging first start from the Dark Knight.  He looks like he's in much better shape this season.  After a few more starts, I would expect a lot of those well placed balls that they were able to get the bat on will be even harder to hit.  More movement, more velocity...he's going to get better me thinks.

After Kemp hitting 2 last night, I'm still scratching my head why they walked a hitless Freeman to face Kemp in extra innings the other night.  haha.  I ******* hate the Braves...really wanted that sweep. 

Archived