Fire Bowles now

Jets Daily Dosage.

Just now, DMan77 said:

Ya but he is calling the plays and putting them in position...

Those players have ZERO to play for, and the Jets can't field a QB who can take care of the football. People need to get off of TB's scrotum. He's not perfect....but this defense sucked since 2012.

Just now, thatboyjack said:

Quit with the fire Bowles whining will ya! Bowles isn't out there in the Secondary not covering receivers.

Oh look, someone is supporting Bowles! The secondary also isn't out there pretending to be the Jets QB. When you complete 4 passes in 3 quarters against Brady's team, it's not the secondary to be blamed for. They're out there for long drives after all the 3 and outs. 

If you ever want to be a serious organization you MUST attempt to build a program and stick with the people you hired.  Firing coaches and GM's every two years - you're NEVER going to build a program that way.  EVER!

Bowles needs to stay.  Woody can no longer allow the fan base to dictate team policy.

3 minutes ago, thatboyjack said:

Those players have ZERO to play for, and the Jets can't field a QB who can take care of the football. People need to get off of TB's scrotum. He's not perfect....but this defense sucked since 2012.

Well look, I'm hardly an indepth analyst when it comes to Football... But I just don't like what I see... I've watched him play guys out of position, I've watched him run our starters into the ground because he doesn't play the younger guys until he's forced too.. I've seen him struggle to develop players and I've watched his motivational/angry/whatever halftime and post game speeches do absolutely nothing. I've seen him stick to the same gameplan when other teams have clearly figured it out. I've seen him be stubborn with how he approaches games. I've seen him not have the team ready in the 1st quarter all year long. I've seen the playcalling in the redzone be just terrible. I've seen him miss timeouts and challenges...

So ya, it comes down to the players at the end of the day... But I just can't find anything where I could say "Hey well at least he did ______ this year or hey he was able to get ______ to play better or hey at least they showed up in the big situations"... I just don't see it...

I think he's probably a good off to the side coordinator who can come up with some smart plays when he has the personell... But I don't know if he has those extra pieces you need to be a HC.

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

If you ever want to be a serious organization you MUST attempt to build a program and stick with the people you hired.  Firing coaches and GM's every two years - you're NEVER going to build a program that way.  EVER!

Bowles needs to stay.  Woody can no longer allow the fan base to dictate team policy.

Yeah, just waste another season or two in the name of not having him "only" for two season.

He's not our coach of the future. Get rid of him.

4 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

Yeah, just waste another season or two in the name of not having him "only" for two season.

He's not our coach of the future. Get rid of him.

So you're going to fire him - and then go ahead and hire the "hot" defensive coordinator - with no HC experience, no expertise on offense and then go ahead and bring in another first time GM....

I would rather keep Mac and Bowles then simply rinse and repeat the same process over and over again.

It doesn't matter who coaches the team after Bowles. He's completely lost the team.  They have laid down like dogs and it's an embarrassment.  The coach doesn't deserve all the blame here but this has happened on his watch.  The roster needs a complete overhaul and I don't want Bowles anywhere near the rebuild. If they had any balls they would fire him before the last game just to embarrass him like he's embarrassed this franchise.   

8 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

So you're going to fire him - and then go ahead and hire the "hot" defensive coordinator - with no HC experience, no expertise on offense and then go ahead and bring in another first time GM....

I would rather keep Mac and Bowles then simply rinse and repeat the same process over and over again.

Nice false dichotomy there.

36 minutes ago, thatboyjack said:

Quit with the fire Bowles whining will ya! Bowles isn't out there in the Secondary not covering receivers.

No, he's just a secondary player turned secondary coach turned Head Coach whose area of expertise has been the worst unit I may have ever seen in Jets Green this year.

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Do you honestly believe - if they fire Bowles - that they won't simply hire the DC flavor-of-the-month?

The GM won't be another first timer?

If they did, then that'd be a huge mistake. But that's a poor excuse to keep the worst head coach in the league.

2 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

Team did not quit. Completely outmanned team. Fans are confusing talent with effort. Today's showed the huge difference in talent not effort. Turnovers and short fields

I get what you're saying... But they quit, man... Watch some of the highlights if you get a chance... You have guys jogging around the field, standing around like scarcrows or stiff as a board, not using any technique moves to try and make plays on the line... They were flat as can be.

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The team has quit. There's no stuffing that back in the jar. 

This.

Bowles said as much a few weeks ago and then went into damage control by trying to walk it back.

Macc takes a big slice of blame as well but the team on the field quit and yet nobody has been cut as a result.

1 minute ago, DMan77 said:

I get what you're saying... But they quit, man... Watch some of the highlights if you get a chance... You have guys jogging around the field, standing around like scarcrows or stiff as a board, not using any technique moves to try and make plays on the line... They were flat as can be.

I watched the game. I didn't see a lack of effort. D was playing well. Turnovers, short field to the greatest QB, then it snowballs and that's the result you get. 

I do see positives, young guys gaining valuable experience. Burris, Shell, Peake, Anderson, etc. None of the young guys have arrived but better they make their mistakes in a lost season. 

NEver root for a loss but losing only helps the off season

Just now, RESNewYork said:

I watched the game. I didn't see a lack of effort. D was playing well. Turnovers, short field to the greatest QB, then it snowballs and that's the result you get. 

I do see positives, young guys gaining valuable experience. Burris, Shell, Peake, Anderson, etc. None of the young guys have arrived but better they make their mistakes in a lost season. 

I do agree with you on the young talent. That's a narrative I have been running with. I've said it in a few other threads but I do think the Jets can be competitive next season if they at least just partly fill in a few of the holes they have. They are not completely void of talent... There's just currently way too many gaps between the talent and other areas... LT, CB, OLB... Fill in those positions at least with average players and the jets can be an average competitive team.

"

But the coaching... Argh... I'm just struggling to see positives. I just don't see anything from the staff right now...

2 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

Never rooting for a loss iz fur da puzzees.

Just now, DMan77 said:

I do agree with you on the young talent. That's a narrative I have been running with. I've said it in a few other threads but I do think the Jets can be competitive next season if they at least just partly fill in a few of the holes they have. They are not completely void of talent... There's just currently way too many gaps between the talent and other areas... LT, CB, OLB... Fill in those positions at least with average players and the jets can be an average competitive team.

"

But the coaching... Argh... I'm just struggling to see positives. I just don't see anything from the staff right now...

I get it. Rough year. But I don't want to be competitive next year by signing vet free agents. I really do hope they put all their resources in young talent and develop. If they sign any veterans I hope it's only the offensive line. I dont mind spending free agent dollars there. But the rest of the roster, please, please, please bring in youth. and round it off with athletic UDFAs

FWI this same staff posted multiple come from behind victories last season

Just now, RESNewYork said:

I get it. Rough year. But I don't want to be competitive next year by signing vet free agents. I really do hope they put all their resources in young talent and develop. If they sign any veterans I hope it's only the offensive line. I dont mind spending free agent dollars there. But the rest of the roster, please, please, please bring in youth. and round it off with athletic UDFAs

FWI this same staff posted multiple come from behind victories last season

Right. OL is going to be so huge. That unit can single handily turn around a team... Give a QB time, open up some holes for a RB and it changes the entire dynamic.

I think they're going to have 60 million in cap space when all the cuts and trades are done... That's going to burn a hole in MMs pocket... I just hope he makes the right moves with it...

Just now, DMan77 said:

Right. OL is going to be so huge. That unit can single handily turn around a team... Give a QB time, open up some holes for a RB and it changes the entire dynamic.

I think they're going to have 60 million in cap space when all the cuts and trades are done... That's going to burn a hole in MMs pocket... I just hope he makes the right moves with it...

It feels safe to me signing offensive lineman to second contracts. I don't think this is like last season where the Jets had to spend their cap. if we have left over cap, I hope Mac doesn't burn through it for the sake of burning it. 

1 hour ago, thatboyjack said:

He is a defensive minded HC, this is his second year. Please tell me how you think he has improved this defense since he became the HC? If anything,  they are getting worse. 

Archived