Let's go Ravens/Broncos

kevinc855

17 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Broncos win twice and Phins lose to NE they miss playoffs. Also Ravens win NFC north steelers can edge out Dolphins for last wild card seed. All I know is I can't handle seeing two AFC rivals in the playoffs. 

The Steelers probably have the best chance to defeat the Pats in the AFC (now that Carr is injured).  I'm not all that optimistic about that though to be honest. 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Watching that Ravens/Steelers game was very enjoyable. Best game I've watched all season.

But sadly, it reminded me how far the Jets would have to go to become the caliber of franchise those teams are.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

They had Vlad Ducasse at RG. We'd be moving backwards. 

Watching Denver and I have to wonder how bad of a GM is Elway. I mean, he wasted a first round pick on a complete and total failure. How do you draft a 1st round pick that can't beat out a later round QB? And this QB, is terrible. Why can't he throw 400 yards/game. Also, what is the coach thinking, clearly Semien isn't the future. Why play him at all?

... sorry, I couldn't resist.

If Alex Smith was on the Jets we'd be hearing the same old negative song from certain fans. He doesn't have a big arm and he's a jag Qb. And if he throws a ball one inch to the left or the right of the receiver it's something stupid like an almost interception. Or it's all the playmakers and nothing to do with the Qb if he does his job and allows his receivers to make plays.  I'd take Alex Smith in a minute. 

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

If Alex Smith was on the Jets we'd be hearing the same old negative song from certain fans. He doesn't have a big arm and he's a jag Qb. And if he throws a ball one inch to the left or the right of the receiver it's something stupid like an almost interception. Or it's all the playmakers and nothing to do with the Qb if he does his job and allows his receivers to make plays.  I'd take Alex Smith in a minute. 

You have to have the right coach to have a limited guy like alex smith.  Hes had 2 greats in harbaugh and reid.  Alex smith under todd bowls and you have ryan fitzparick 2.

15 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Watching Denver and I have to wonder how bad of a GM is Elway. I mean, he wasted a first round pick on a complete and total failure. How do you draft a 1st round pick that can't beat out a later round QB? And this QB, is terrible. Why can't he throw 400 yards/game. Also, what is the coach thinking, clearly Semien isn't the future. Why play him at all?

... sorry, I couldn't resist.

FUN FACT- Andy Reid had the opportunity to take Todd Bowles with him from Philly to KC as DC but elected to take instead guess who?  Jets LB's coach Bob Sutton.  What does that tell you?

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You have to have the right coach to have a limited guy like alex smith.  Hes had 2 greats in harbaugh and reid.  Alex smith under todd bowls and you have ryan fitzparick 2.

Fitz has been unsuccessful with a lot of teams and coaches including Gailey. I don't think Smith is that limited because he's smart and knows his limitations. He usually doesn't like Fitz and Mark Sanchez try to push the envelope. Which makes him effective. There are very few elite Qbs and Brady actually doesn't have a huge arm. A lot of his throws are done with finesse. Plus he's accurate. You can win with an educated game manager. I don't think you can credit Alex Smith's success to the head coach. He does a good job letting his playmakers make big plays. That takes talent, too. Take him.

45 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Fitz has been unsuccessful with a lot of teams and coaches including Gailey. I don't think Smith is that limited because he's smart and knows his limitations. He usually doesn't like Fitz and Mark Sanchez try to push the envelope. Which makes him effective. There are very few elite Qbs and Brady actually doesn't have a huge arm. A lot of his throws are done with finesse. Plus he's accurate. You can win with an educated game manager. I don't think you can credit Alex Smith's success to the head coach. He does a good job letting his playmakers make big plays. That takes talent, too. Take him.

But alex smith was awful for years until he got these qb guru coaches.  

21 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

But alex smith was awful for year until he got these qb guru coaches.  

He was awful years ago as a rookie and for a year or two. It was his slow development as a Qb and you're right he was really bad. Until he learned how to play the position and make fewer mistakes. I think Harbaugh made a mistake taking Kap over Smith. 

33 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

He was awful years ago as a rookie and for a year or two. It was his slow development as a Qb and you're right he was really bad. Until he learned how to play the position and make fewer mistakes. I think Harbaugh made a mistake taking Kap over Smith. 

Alex Smith was awful for 5 straight years. Harbaraugh saved him year 6.

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

Except Alex Smith doesn't have a weak arm, and he's smart and accurate. Fitzpatrick is weak armed and despite his Harvard degree, he's football stupid and inaccurate. False equivalency on your part. 

7 minutes ago, August said:

Except Alex Smith doesn't have a weak arm, and he's smart and accurate. Fitzpatrick is weak armed and despite his Harvard degree, he's football stupid and inaccurate. False equivalency on your part. 

Fitz wasn't stupid or inaccurate last year. His career has highs and lows mostly lows. This season a team breakdown including him. No way you can blame everything on him but I'm sure you'll try. 

24 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Alex Smith was awful for 5 straight years. Harbaraugh saved him year 6.

Not really true. He had like 6 different OCs in 6 years but had some success with a few of them like Norv Turner. Harbaugh definitely helped his game. 

10 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Fitz wasn't stupid or inaccurate last year. His career has highs and lows mostly lows. This season a team breakdown including him. No way you can blame everything on him but I'm sure you'll try. 

But if we didn't resign Fitzpatrick we will go 3-13, 4-12, 5-11. Oh wait...

13 hours ago, rillo said:

This, but screw Miami too.

Exactly! How the hell can we root for Miami, WTF? I hate the fins more then the Pats, awesome let's hope we have another team in the AFCE to be a playoff contenders every year. We were swept by the Fins, so now let's root for them? 

53 minutes ago, August said:

At the beginning of the season the breakdowns were more on the defense than the offense. He had that one 6 pack game which like the Butt Fumble got all of the headlines. But when you have to play from 2 Tds behind most of the time you are going to be susceptible to interceptions. You can't have a balanced offense and the other team has an easier time defending you. The problem with Fitz was he never was able bring us back from any of that. And sometimes made a bad situation worse. Esp when you throw red zone picks the way he did. Signing him for 2016 was to me a no-brainer because he had a good season in 2015. If something works and he works well with the offense and receivers why change that. To me the error by the FO wasn't signing him it was the holdout. He had almost no time in camp or OTAs or anything. If their decision all along was to bring him back they didn't help the team by not letting him practice with the offense all those months. To me it's a key reason why he had a bad year after a good year. But if you look at history he's done that before. He won't be back in 2017 but at this time we have no true direction in terms of a starting Qb next season. I don't think it's going to be Petty. 

28 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

After the garbage our team has put forth on the field this season, what a pleasure watching yesterday's Steelers-Ravens game.  Tremendous plays by some superbly talented players, especially Ben, Bell and Brown.  That game was an instant classic.

How did we beat the Ravens 

13 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

3 hours ago, August said:

haha.

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Villain if we sign Glennon I have no problem with that. It would be a good signing. But we did have one good year with Fitz. You won't give him credit but I will. He was a good Jets Qb in 2015. 

I hate Ryan Fitzpatrick and no he wasnt a good Jets QB in 2015 for reasons I've expressed plenty of times via text or video. Though I do respect the fact that you stick to your guns. I respect a man that's willing to stand by what they believe, even if I disagree.

13 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Actually if you watch game tape he really was no better but we played the worst defenses in the NFL and Decker and Marshall consistently rescued him from awful throws. Also, the NFL had not caught on that every deep ball by Fitz would be back shoulder. This year they played under coverage against deep routes and just waited for the ball to hit them in the hands, to the point that in the last 3 or so games Fitz has played they completely abandoned the long pass.

Archived