Don't let your tickets go to waste

8 hours ago, FloridaJetsFan said:

So now you're going to abuse the downtrodden by making them sit in the cold for hours watching hot garbage?! I guess Christmas really is over ...

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

We wouldn't force anyone. :)

But the temp won't be all that cold on Sunday, so it is definitely a good time to get people to their first game.

5 hours ago, OH THE PAIN said:

I don't want to sit next to some trailer trash !!! No donations in my section . Thank You .

I think you were going for funny here. But you missed.

If you are calling me trailer trash don't worry about it I already have season tickets in the lower level that I paid for.

Ultimately I would like to help out those less fortunate rather than have tickets go to waste, which is why I started this thread

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

$8 upper deck seats, wow. Anyhow have luck selling online this week?

Im reminded of my years at PWC, pre internet. The NYC office had season tickets. They would put them in a "cubby" for any staff to take and enjoy the game.

Most times the tickets were still there on Monday. :)

20 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I think you were going for funny here. But you missed.

If you are calling me trailer trash don't worry about it I already have season tickets in the lower level that I paid for.

Ultimately I would like to help out those less fortunate rather than have tickets go to waste, which is why I started this thread

I don't want to sit next to the less fortunate , not the ticket owners .

11 hours ago, OH THE PAIN said:

Well sorry that I was trying to do something nice and get people to a game that have never been there.

Good luck in whatever luxury box you sit in.

Getting back on topic. If anyone has tickets that they aren't using, that are going to waste...I will give them to a kid that doesn't normally get to go. Or a family that can't afford it. JetNation would pay the transportation costs for a family to go if that was needed as well. This is a terrible season, but when you see someone go to their first game, it is pretty cool.

Thanks everyone.

I have invested hundreds of thousands of dollars in jet tickets and I have been giving mine away but the funny thing is they are so bad -nobody wants to go-it is like trying to give a homeless guy a bad sandwich and he says no thanks I will stay hungry

2 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

If a less fortunate person were to sit next to you they would most likely quickly move to a different seat anyway so why worry?

The less fortunate have an innate instinct of the more douchey.  They would sneak down to the front row after a series to get away from the douchey. 

23 hours ago, OH THE PAIN said:

If you want to execute this "joke" you have to add more context so it's obvious you're busting balls.  When you just write what you did you come off as a classless ******* jerk.

Although I guess it's possibly you're just really an as shole.

2 hours ago, Powpow said:

Max this was a lovely gesture on your part. Merry Xmas & Happy New Year.

Thank you, I took out the political part. I just don't want this to go off topic anymore than it already has. Thanks.

6 hours ago, Lizard King said:

Max...if you could find a legitimate charity to take these, you would probably see the biggest flood of tix you would be able to imagine for the less fortunate 

We have worked with a lot of people in need through JetNation. Unfortunately there is no shortage of people that can use a pick me up. We could definitely find homes for the tickets. But I think a lot of people go the United Way route. Which makes a ton of sense, a great organization and you get a tax deduction. That is great. People helping people, even when it is just for lousy Jets football, is a good thing.

4 hours ago, OH THE PAIN said:

Put the less fortunate in SAR 1's row and see how fast he complains .

I was going to ban you for your posts in this thread. I decided not to. I do ask that you just avoid this thread. Just trying to help out some kids, plenty of other threads for you to make bad jokes in.

3 hours ago, Green DNA said:

I have already donated mine to The United Way.  Hopefully they make sure that they are put to good use.

That is great, I am sure they will be!

I sit in the lower level end zone. Not the greatest seat in the house, but far from the worst. When someone sits near you and it is their first game you often hear, "great seats". It puts it all in perspective. Bad football. Jets stink. But it is still an event and an experience that not everyone gets to partake in.

Archived