All Coaching Rumors here please..

NYJ37/12

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

If lose, co-OC Brad Childress could be coaching his last game in KC. Sources say he’s a top target for OC, as is Greg Olson.

That brings up another candidate, Greg Olson. He was fired from Jacksonville in a similar way that Gailey left the Jets.

Exactly my point as to why KC promoted Nagy.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, section314 said:

They knew Musgrave was going to Denver with McCoy.

How would they have known that? The promotion came before he went to Denver. or anybody knew Denver was interested in the two being together.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. The position will be filled eventually. And unlike with Idzik, it will be wit somebody who has offensive experience.

36 minutes ago, section314 said:

You have far more connections in the league than I do or anyone else on this site. Take an informal poll of people in the know of what the perception of the Jets is around the league.I'll bet it's far from flattering. You are one of the best posters around, but I couldn't disagree with you more strongly on this.

Sorry, I have 0 connections. 

33 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Which other team has the HC and GM equally reporting to the owner (where the HC is not the GM that is)? Last year we were happy with Mac and Bubba Gump Bowltite because we thought real NFL guys (Casserly and Wolf) knew WTF they were talking about. The past 6 months has proven otherwise. 10-6 last year was a mirage as they failed to win the most important game and this season was nothing but a display of utter incompetence.

its been posted many times..it was from a few years ago but this isn't a new or singular situation

and I'll still take what Wolf & Casserly know than a freakin' Jets message board..

5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Kyle Shanahan is rumored to go. And since he was never really a candidate here or people connected with him, we are in the clear

If he goes to SF, he still needs a guy to be his OC. And it means Falcons need a new OC, unless they promote from within. That would be a job people would kill for.

Just now, section314 said:

If he goes to SF, he still needs a guy to be his OC. And it means Falcons need a new OC, unless they promote from within. That would be a job people would kill for.

That's why I mentioned the guys related to him. One of those will go to SF to be his OC. And if the Falcons go to the Super Bowl, the jobs will be open until February. I believe that the Jets will have an OC by then

20 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

What options are there left? 

How this goes:

1. Bowles calls a few of his coaching buddies and, in his monotone drawl, asks them if they want to come coach the offense here.

2. Coaching buddies laugh awkwardly, as if Bowles just asked them to help him move his furniture into a fourth story walkup on Super Bowl Sunday, in the snow.

3. Bowles calls guy he kinda remembered coaching with in Philly, who is now assistant coaching OL in, say, Cleveland.

4. Talks progress to this coach getting on a conference call with Mike Maccagnan, who asks this assistant OL coach his thoughts on the incredible skill set of Christian Hackenberg.

5. Line goes dead.

6. Woody Johnson puts down his copy of The King's English for Dummies, suggests hiring Chip Kelly and trading for Aaron Rodgers.

7. On a conference call, Chip Kelly very subtly asks if Todd Bowles' office has a northern exposure or a southern exposure, and if the couch in his office is a pull-out with firm padding because his back is a little balky these days.

8. Mike Maccagnan asks Chip Kelly his thoughts on the incredible skill set of Christian Hackenberg.

9. Line goes dead.

10. Mike Maccagnan hires Sean Ryan, Texans WR coach, whom Todd Bowles has never met.

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 10:38 AM, ASH1962 said:

Yeah, there is no news, Bowltite deserves another year because we have seen so much improvement and have such a bright future ahead of us under his leadership! In fact, I think both he and Mac deserve 10 year extensions with no termination clauses! BTW, I thoroughly enjoyed Saturday, last Saturday, Indy, KC, SEA, let me see, which else, PIT and being the joke of the league. Can't wait for 10 more years of this!

Macc is not the problem. Remember he did not hire Bowles, Woody, Casserly, and Wolf did. Macc is the best GM we've had in over a decade. I am a big fan of both his drafts so far. Studs drafted in both drafts and good depth players as well.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

How this goes:

1. Bowles calls a few of his coaching buddies and, in his monotone drawl, asks them if they want to come coach the offense here.

2. Coaching buddies laugh awkwardly, as if Bowles just asked them to help him move his furniture into a fourth story walkup on Super Bowl Sunday, in the snow.

3. Bowles calls guy he kinda remembered coaching with in Philly, who is now assistant coaching OL in, say, Cleveland.

4. Talks progress to this coach getting on a conference call with Mike Maccagnan, who asks this assistant OL coach his thoughts on the incredible skill set of Christian Hackenberg.

5. Line goes dead.

6. Woody Johnson puts down his copy of The King's English for Dummies, suggests hiring Chip Kelly and trading for Aaron Rodgers.

7. On a conference call, Chip Kelly very subtly asks if Todd Bowles' office has a northern exposure or a southern exposure, and if the couch in his office is a pull-out with firm padding because his back is a little balky these days.

8. Mike Maccagnan asks Chip Kelly his thoughts on the incredible skill set of Christian Hackenberg.

9. Line goes dead.

10. Mike Maccagnan hires Sean Ryan, Texans WR coach, whom Todd Bowles has never met.

Awesome stuff! Your best work so far this year, but it's only 15 days old.

6 minutes ago, section314 said:

Awesome stuff! Your best work so far this year, but it's only 15 days old.

You forgot this; Bowles calls first African American assistant he thinks of because he only hires African American coaches, for the sake of getting them an opportunity, not because they are the most qualified or the best coaches available.

Sports

Jon Gruden reportedly rejected 3 teams in recent weeks and the reason suggests he will never coach in the NFL again

Cork Gaines,Business Insider 2017-01-14T15:56:11Z 

2 hours ago, C Mart said:

heard a rumor plenty of posters on jets message boards are really miserable and stupid

I know it hard and takes biting your tongue until you taste blood sometimes, but don't do it . Nothing good comes out of it . These folks are a lynch mob out for blood, and won't come to their senses until the body is dangling from the rope .  Even then, some will puke and some will cheer .

There's hope for the ones that puke, but a psycho is a psycho, and only god can fix that .

If you have too, write out your reply, take a look at it and then delete it  .

48 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 

Ex-#Jaguars OC Greg Olson is interviewing for the same spot with the #Bills, source said. He's a candidate along with Brad Childress

That Last name is quite Interesting . If he's a  candidate, then why on earth would the Chiefs allow the Jets to interview Nagy  ?

Archived