All Coaching Rumors here please..

NYJ37/12

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Isnt that what he'd be doing with Godsey?

No. You said "HC possibility" as part of how to lure Clements. It is widely known that Bowles is in charge of hiring his own staff. So, why would Bowles pitch the job to Clements with "you could become HC next". 

That's stupid. It's a stupid suggestion. For all the time you spend posting, it's as if you don't read or contemplate any of what you read or write.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since this is probably the right place for my uneducated guess on the next Jets OC. I am going to go ahead and say the next Jets OC will be Pats TE coach Brian Daboll. Why do I think this? Because Daboll coached with Bowles in Mia in 2011. He has coached with the Jets before under Mangini. And finally he was groomed to take over as Pats OC this year - but then McDaniels decided to stay. Daboll is not getting any younger, has lots of experience and is a good enough coach for BB to take him back after leaving for the Jets. I think it makes a lot of sense from both sides.

3 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Since this is probably the right place for my uneducated guess on the next Jets OC. I am going to go ahead and say the next Jets OC will be Pats TE coach Brian Daboll. Why do I think this? Because Daboll coached with Bowles in Mia in 2011. He has coached with the Jets before under Mangini. And finally he was groomed to take over as Pats OC this year - but then McDaniels decided to stay. Daboll is not getting any younger, has lots of experience and is a good enough coach for BB to take him back after leaving for the Jets. I think it makes a lot of sense from both sides.

Hmmm... not a bad guess at all, which would also explain the patient process... given that the Pats are still playing. 

6 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Maybe. But he can also wait one more year until McDaniels leaves for a HC job. Then Daboll can pad his resume with Brady as his QB and in a couple of years be a HC canidate just like McDaniels is.

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Daboll is a rational idea, but seems to be horrible.  The best O he ever had was 20th with the Dolphins in 2011.  His time with the Browns and Chiefs was basically 29-32 in scoring and yardage.  I am not sure if he called the plays, but... ouch.

Fair point. I feel the comfortableness with Bowles is a plus. Also, despite those rankings he must be a pretty good coach for BB to take him back after the Jets. Idk if anyone has ever been hired back from that Mangini staff? OC rankings, in fairness can be a mix of outside issues. Just like defensive rankings.

16 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Maybe. But he can also wait one more year until McDaniels leaves for a HC job. Then Daboll can pad his resume with Brady as his QB and in a couple of years be a HC canidate just like McDaniels is.

Maybe McDaniels is waiting for BB to retire? Seems like he is definitely looking for something that doesnt come around often since this is the second year in a row he had multiple offers and said no thanks. There are multiple articles out there this season that Daboll was being groomed and McDaniels had three offers and still didnt leave.

11 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Fair point. I feel the comfortableness with Bowles is a plus. Also, despite those rankings he must be a pretty good coach for BB to take him back after the Jets. Idk if anyone has ever been hired back from that Mangini staff? OC rankings, in fairness can be a mix of outside issues. Just like defensive rankings.

Belichick hires tons of guys back.  O'Brien and McDaniel among others.  As you know, Lil Bill hated Mangini for leaving and trying to poach Pats coaches in addition to spygate.  Daboll didn't initially join the Mangini staff, but came on in year 2, so maybe Lil Bill doesn't have the same hate for him.

2 hours ago, C Mart said:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 55s55 seconds ago

#Packers assoc. HC for offense Tom Clements will move on from the organization, coach Mike McCarthy said. OC Edgar Bennett in the spotlight

Without Rodgers the Packers offense does not work, it's stale, simple, and outdated just look at the Giants struggles on offense this year, and Dolphins last few years before Gase.  No thanks to anyone from the Packers offensive thinking.

19 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Without Rodgers the Packers offense does not work, it's stale, simple, and outdated just look at the Giants struggles on offense this year, and Dolphins last few years before Gase.  No thanks to anyone from the Packers offensive thinking.

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I agree with Lupz on this one.  Not that I dislike Clements but tons of ills can be covered up by great QBs.

The fact you guys are so dismissive of the Packers O is cute, but you should remember that Clements is credited a ton for Aaron Rodgers development.  Pretty short sighted to dismiss the guy because you think their O is stale when you are looking for a guy to develop your two current projects or whatever project you get this offseason.

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Daboll is a rational idea, but seems to be horrible.  The best O he ever had was 20th with the Dolphins in 2011.  His time with the Browns and Chiefs was basically 29-32 in scoring and yardage.  I am not sure if he called the plays, but... ouch.

Sounds like a perfect fit. LOL

3 hours ago, C Mart said:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 55s55 seconds ago

#Packers assoc. HC for offense Tom Clements will move on from the organization, coach Mike McCarthy said. OC Edgar Bennett in the spotlight

What about bringing in Joe Philbin as OC and Tom Clements as the QB coach.  Philbin knows the AFC East, Bowles knows him and was beaten out by him when the Miami job came available.  Bowles can have the last laugh by making him work for him... though that may backfire if they get rid of Bowles and Philbin steps in.

Just now, nyjbuddy said:

What about bringing in Joe Philbin as OC and Tom Clements as the QB coach.  Philbin knows the AFC East, Bowles knows him and was beaten out by him when the Miami job came available.  Bowles can have the last laugh by making him work for him... though that may backfire if they get rid of Bowles and Philbin steps in.

no, please no

Just now, nyjbuddy said:

After posting this I noticed that on the wiki page for Philbin it says: "Reaction about the end of Philbin's tenure was met favorably by most fans and media alike, as Philbin's penchant for poor game management, play-calling, and timeout usage cost the Dolphins many games. "  Sounds familiar.

43 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Could the Jets be under orders to make the announcement of their New OC during the SB week  ?

Unlikely.....I'm sticking with my baseless prediction that it will be a college coach and they're waiting until after national signing day

Joe Moorhead, Penn State,  Mike Bloomgren of Stanford....Randy Shannon, Florida State.....I have no clue, just a hunch 

Edit: Randy Sanders is the OC at FSU, not Randy Shannon 

Charlie Campbell ‏@DraftCampbell  

Senior Bowl Friday Rumormill. Keep an eye on Chip Kelly to the #Texans

The Houston Texans mutually parted ways with offensive coordinator George Godsey after their playoff loss to the Patriots, and afterward, they announced that head coach Bill O'Brien would basically run the offense without hiring a new coordinator. However, sources say there is a name to keep an eye on as joining the Texans staff as an offensive assistant, and that is none other than Chip Kelly. The pro-style offense of O'Brien seems like an odd fit for Kelly and his college spread system, but Kelly and O'Brien are close friends with a lot of mutual respect for each other's football knowledge.

The other advantage to having Kelly on staff would be if the Texans drafted a quarterback like Clemson's Deshaun Watson or Texas Tech's Pat Mahomes II. Both of them are coming from spread college passing attacks, and Kelly could help them make the jump to a NFL system. Kelly has other potential landing spots like New England, but keep an eye on Kelly possibly landing in Houston.

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2017rumors5.php#bqT1lcjcbi0jJxfv.99

27 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

What an awful sounding hire for the Niners, just awful.  This smacks of the old Rex charming the pegulas kind of thing.

I think Sarge is right. This has Matt Millen part II written all over it.

At least Elway has a long time connection to the Broncos and that fanbase. Did Lynch ever have any connections with San Francisco?

26 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I think Sarge is right. This has Matt Millen part II written all over it.

At least Elway has a long time connection to the Broncos and that fanbase. Did Lynch ever have any connections with San Francisco?

he went to Stanford which is close to SF. 

On 1/27/2017 at 11:54 PM, Beerfish said:

Jets missed out on a really good QB coach candidate that just went to Jacksonville. Scott Milanhovich, a head coach up here from the CFL.  This guy is really really good, mark my words Bortles will have a total resurgence under this guy.

He has the most bizarre resume I've ever seen.  As a player, he literally ran the gambit; NCAA, NFL, CFL, XFL, NFL Europe and the Arena League.  

Crazy.

That said, I'm not sure Blake is fixable.  Your swing is your swing and Blakes swing is as ugly as it gets. 

Archived