All Coaching Rumors here please..

NYJ37/12

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like him too, but doesn't he still get paid? So, whatever he gets as OC goes against what SD has to pay him. Only reason for taking the jets OC job is if he thinks it is his best chance to get starting job when Bowles is fired. Or, he decides he doesn't like being a HC. Either way, long shot I am afraid.

16 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

I would like him too, but doesn't he still get paid? So, whatever he gets as OC goes against what SD has to pay him. Only reason for taking the jets OC job is if he thinks it is his best chance to get starting job when Bowles is fired. Or, he decides he doesn't like being a HC. Either way, long shot I am afraid.

Nope, that's only for players. It doesn't apply to coaches.

SD still has to pay McCoy the full guaranteed amount remaining off his contract regardless of where he signs next

The thing about Chip Kelly. There are no NCAAF jobs presently available. Unless someone new is all of a sudden fired. Doubtful Chip is going to get another NFL HC position. Same with Rex. I could see Chip replacing McDaniel if he gets an HC job. Just my opinion but I don't think McDaniel would ever be a successful NFL HC. Probably Rex will sit it out next year. And work in TV. But imo he might be interested in a college job next year. Probably same with Chip. 

16 minutes ago, King P said:

Nope, that's only for players. It doesn't apply to coaches.

SD still has to pay McCoy the full guaranteed amount remaining off his contract regardless of where he signs next

Actually, I think he is technically under contract, so he has to ask permission to coach. At least that is what has happened in the past. Part of that permission normally involves a discount to the money owed.

Cheaters OC Josh McDaniels has interviews scheduled with the 49ers, Jaguars and Rams on Saturday.

We can probably rule out Denver as a landing spot for McDaniels after his failed stint there a few years back. It's also unlikely McDaniels would interview with the Bills, who play in the same division as New England. To this point, McDaniels and Falcons OC Kyle Shanahan appear to be the most sought-after candidates for the six coaching vacancies around the league. Cheaters DC Matt Patricia has also drawn some interest.

50 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Cheaters OC Josh McDaniels has interviews scheduled with the 49ers, Jaguars and Rams on Saturday.

We can probably rule out Denver as a landing spot for McDaniels after his failed stint there a few years back. It's also unlikely McDaniels would interview with the Bills, who play in the same division as New England. To this point, McDaniels and Falcons OC Kyle Shanahan appear to be the most sought-after candidates for the six coaching vacancies around the league. Cheaters DC Matt Patricia has also drawn some interest.

Matt Patricia is a damn good DC that's for sure. The Pats success this year is that their defense is balling. Best Pats defense since early 2000s. 

Archived