Khiry Robinson breaks leg again.......

jackhuntr

I thought he did a pretty good job during the Cheaters game (apart from the fumble..)

I watched the press conference and my jaw dropped when I heard that.. crazy and he broke it in a different place! 

Anyway hope he can make it back because I did like what I saw there..

As predicted / hoped, Brandon Burks has been called up from the practice squad to replace Robinson.  Not saying Burks is a future superstar, but he's a tough one-cut north and south runner who has a shot at making the roster next year- hope he gets a couple of carries vs the Bills 

19 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

This is sad I feel for Robinson. As someone said with the season in the toilet and 2 games left WHY WHY WHY put this kid in the game ? Why was he even active ?

With Forte hurt and Robinson on only a one-year deal, there was literally no reason not to play him.  I feel bad for him as well that he has to deal with this again, but if anything this was the perfect opportunity for him to be auditioning for a return to the Jets or earn a spot with a new team next year.  There is nothing, other than hindsight, that suggests playing now was anything but good for him.

20 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

This is sad I feel for Robinson. As someone said with the season in the toilet and 2 games left WHY WHY WHY put this kid in the game ? Why was he even active ?

What are your thoughts on Hackenburg playing this Sunday?

21 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

A bit 20/20 hindsight, no? With the season in the toilet, 2 games remaining, and Forte already so banged up, Bowles still needs to put players onto the field. If, instead of Robinson, Powell had broken his leg you'd have said the same thing. If Mo re-broke his leg, the same thing. What was he going to do, give 25 touches to Brandon Wilds?

Sometimes you just have to chalk a thing up to bad luck.

Getting Robinson some live reps wasn't nearly as bad as Belichick leaving Brady in to drop back & pass when he was already up by 5 TDs late in the 3rd quarter.

On 12/27/2016 at 1:40 PM, Jetster said:

Who is setting this kids leg? I always heard a break becomes stronger, and why are we throwing him out there in a lost season not fully healed?

Just super unfortunate, kid has a lot of talent, shame he has such bad luck like this.  This third break I'm pretty sure was the other leg, not the same one I don't think.  Or same one but different area, not the Tibia... Feel really bad for the kid..  Doubt he really is going to get another shot with 3 broken leg injuries in 2.5 years.

Archived