Damien Woody rips ex-Jets teammate Darrelle Revis for 'class' comment

Gas2No99

Damien Woody rips ex-Jets teammate Darrelle Revis for 'class' comment

Former New York Jets tackle Damien Woody blasted Darrelle Revis after reading Revis' comments Friday morning about wanting to be treated with "class."

Woody, who played with Revis from 2008 to 2010, made a 10-minute Periscope video, calling out the cornerback for his remarks in the New York Post. Woody, an ESPN analyst, started off by calling Revis "the single greatest player I've played with."

And then he unloaded on his former teammate.

"What the hell is that, man?" Woody said. "He said [that] about the New York Jets treating him or his situation with class. Football is a cold business. It's just purely results-driven. Doesn't matter who you are.

"Everyone knows, watching the season, Darrelle hasn't had a good season by any standard," he continued. "You could question effort. There were times where he turned down tackles. All the off coverage. Receivers are not even scared. They go in like, 'Revis Island? Man, I'm about to kick up my feet and have a daiquiri.'"

Woody wasn't finished.

"See, when you lose leverage, when you're not playing up to par, you don't get to call the shots anymore," he said. "Your skills have eroded to the point where you're expendable. To sit there and say like somehow the Jets are being disrespectful, I think is ludicrous.

"All this stuff about the organization not treating you with class, after the two holdouts, the fact that they signed you to that big deal to come back home, what are you talking about? I'm not understanding. Help me understand, please. I'm trying to figure this out, the whole class thing. I'm trying to figure that part out, because where along the line did the Jets not show class?"

Woody was referring to holdouts in 2007 and 2010. In 2015, two years after trading Revis, the Jets brought him back with a five-year, $70 million contract -- including a $39 million guarantee.

Revis' future has become a hot issue. He incurred Woody's wrath, and that of many fans, by telling the New York Post:

"Would I love to be here? Yes. Will I be back? That's a great question. My thing would be this: Do the New York Jets want to treat my situation with class or no class? With me being one of the best players in the history of this franchise, do they want me to retire here or not retire here? That's the biggest question. It's black and white. It's not very complicated."

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Woody couldn't wash Revis dirty jock, he's a media whore who bashes the Jets any chance he gets. 

11 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

You read this and your takeaway is Damien Woody is bashing the Jets? I love small glimpses into your reality 

grandpa_simpson_yelling_at_cloud10.jpg

768fcf9f3cc2545d035d684326941100e9865a7e

and the BEST PART is since I'm supposedly on his ignore he won't respond to these! :)

21 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Woody couldn't wash Revis dirty jock, he's a media whore who bashes the Jets any chance he gets. 

He doesn't dude is legit fan of the jets . He call BS when he see it tho like every other fan . And what he said about Revis is absolutely right 

11 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

For whatever reason, Damien Woody LOVED being a New York Jet. He openly roots for them, he pays attention to them, and has kept up with the team.

And he is spot on here.

In truth Rex made some of the players just love playing for the team.  That is a fact.  

And no i didn't want Rex to stay. In truth if Woody could have stayed healthy I think the Jets go to the SB!!

33 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

He works for ESPN last I knew. Hard to be a media whore when you work in the media. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Im sorry but I'm a big fan of Darrelle Revis he goes down in history as of 1 of the greatest to play for the NY Jets in my opinion. 

Weird. That's pretty similar to the words Woody said when he called him the "single greatest player I've ever played with". You must have missed that part. 

3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

He works for ESPN last I knew. Hard to be a media whore when you work in the media. 

Weird. That's pretty similar to the words Woody said when he called him the "single greatest player I've ever played with". You must have missed that part. 

I guess all i saw was the bashing of Revis lately on here just like what went on with Geno Smith. 

Players get old their skills diminish in the Revis case no reason to hate we all work and we all want the most money we can get. 

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I guess all i saw was the bashing of Revis lately on here just like what went on with Geno Smith. 

Players get old their skills diminish in the Revis case no reason to hate we all work and we all want the most money we can get. 

so what does revis want?  does he think they should retain him to play cb or move him safety next season without a pay adjustment?  that's just not being smart on his part.  he's made a ton of money off the jets.  he had 3 holdouts and at least one of those caused him to begin the season out of shape.  and the jets have been plenty classy throwing a ton of money his way in 2015.  by his own admission he says he's lost a step and came into this season out of shape.  well that alone should let him know what the jets will do and that is either cut him or bring him back at a lower salary. this day comes for all players.

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Bout had enough of Damien Woody......................

Except that he is spot-on, direct-hit, 100 percent correct.  Anyone can be a Revis fan, but his comment is down-right stupid.

Class?  Revis might want to look that word up before he uses it.

ON A SIDE NOTE: this is my 1000th post, and I have a 2,674 positive rating.   Therefore, I am averaging 2.674 positive likes per post. 

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Im sorry but I'm a big fan of Darrelle Revis he goes down in history as of 1 of the greatest to play for the NY Jets in my opinion. 

So does Mark Gastineau. Doesn't make either of them less of a dirtbag.

Revis got every dime he could out of this team, acted like a bitch on and off the field when he didn't get his way (holdouts, hammy grabbing), and then pimped himself out for a filthy, meaningless ring he wasn't even invited to receive from the Cheats...and then stole another $40 Million from the Jets only to QUIT on the team and eat himself outta the league. 

Good riddance.

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

So does Mark Gastineau. Doesn't make either of them less of a dirtbag.

Revis got every dime he could out of this team, acted like a bitch on and off the field when he didn't get his way (holdouts, hammy grabbing), and then pimped himself out for a filthy, meaningless ring he wasn't even invited to receive from the Cheats...and then stole another $40 Million from the Jets only to QUIT on the team and eat himself outta the league. 

Good riddance.

STOP 

What have you done for me lately is no way to treat Jets players especially Darrelle Revis. 

Is it his fault this organization has failed in so many drafts? 

Is it his fault this organization hasnt been able to find  franchise QB?  

is it his fault we always choose the wrong head coach? 

Is it his fault fans must pay for PSL's to get decent season tickets. 

We all work at jobs where we expect to get paid a lot of money, someone signed him someone is paying him. 

Others have held out and I wont mention names and are less NY Jets and less of a player than him yet they continually get a pass from fans always an excuse made. 

Players get older players get slower and theres always someone bigger faster stronger and younger. 

Darrelle Revis for me goes down 1 of the best defensive players to play for the NY Jets maybe he's not the problem and the problem is the coaching staff that is currently 4-11 along with the players. 

If the Jets were winning and getting ready for the playoffs none of this hate would be spewed, 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

STOP 

What have you done for me lately is no way to treat Jets players especially Darrelle Revis. 

Is it his fault this organization has failed in so many drafts? 

Is it his fault this organization hasnt been able to find  franchise QB?  

is it his fault we always choose the wrong head coach? 

Is it his fault fans must pay for PSL's to get decent season tickets. 

We all work at jobs where we expect to get paid a lot of money, someone signed him someone is paying him. 

Others have held out and I wont mention names and are less NY Jets and less of a player than him yet they continually get a pass from fans always an excuse made. 

Players get older players get slower and theres always someone bigger faster stronger and younger. 

Darrelle Revis for me goes down 1 of the best defensive players to play for the NY Jets maybe he's not the problem and the problem is the coaching staff that is currently 4-11 along with the players. 

If the Jets were winning and getting ready for the playoffs none of this hate would be spewed, 

Please. What are you, 12?

Archived