AFJF

Hack ripped by anonymous Jets coach

27 minutes ago, thadude said:

when he had Allen Robinson, once Robinson left he got exposed

guess Robinson's special magic doesn't work outside of PA since it hasn't worked in Jacksonville for Bortles..

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
4 minutes ago, C Mart said:

you mean like Aaron Rodgers?

I saw Aaron Rodgers play in garbage time as a rookie in 2005 he looked way better than Petty did last year.  

3 minutes ago, C Mart said:

guess Robinson's special magic doesn't work outside of PA since it hasn't worked in Jacksonville for Bortles..

Even though Bortles sucks in real life statistically he has been good last two years

28 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

the biggest thing against Hack seems to be that he was drafted in the second round. something he had no control over and something that was probably dictated by the jets and other teams draft boards. really kind of unfair to the kid...then again everyone on this board will be licking his balls if he actually becomes an NFL QB.

yep..what if Jets passed on him in the 2nd and some other team took him, say Pats, before the Jets picked again in the 3rd. He sits 1,2,3 years behind Brady and then takes over and becomes their QB for the next 10-12 yrs. Can you imagine this place.  All those bitching about the pick today would be crying "typical Jets could have taken him but they wanted to take a freakin RB or S...jets never think long-term" 

5 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Which is a very strange comment, because Bill O'Brien allowed him to make calls at the line and change plays as a freshman. 

Maybe he was just allowing him to guess at the defenses he was seeing.

Big difference playing against UMASS and Rutgers than an NFL defense.

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

yep..what if Jets passed on him in the 2nd and some other team took him, say Pats, before the Jets picked again in the 3rd. He sits 1,2,3 years behind Brady and then takes over and becomes their QB for the next 10-12 yrs. Can you imagine this place.  All those bitching about the pick today would be crying "typical Jets could have taken him but they wanted to take a freakin RB or S...jets never think long-term" 

If the Pats picked Hack he'd end up in the same place Cassell and Mallet did, sucking

9 minutes ago, C Mart said:

so now it's just because O'Brien didn't take him...nevermind the fact that O'brien said they had a high grade on him..They had a QB and needed a Center..

O'Brien must have laughed his ass off when Mac drafted Hack in round 2

Just now, thadude said:

Big difference playing against UMASS and Rutgers than an NFL defense.

Pretty sure PSU plays in the Big 10. They have not played UMass as long as I have known the school. which is 40 years.

Your are now just plucking things out of the air, and typing them.

8 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Good luck to you man.  I will stand by my words.  I believe the Hack pick in the second round was a huge mistake.  You believe in Mcc?  God bless ya.

So when would you have taken Hack? 

3 minutes ago, thadude said:

O'Brien must have laughed his ass off when Mac drafted Hack in round 2

O’Brien, who remains close with Hackenberg, says the Texans also gave his former charge a high draft grade. “Christian is big and strong and throws a good football,” O’Brien says. “He's shown the ability to overcome adversity. It's hard to evaluate his career. There was a coaching change, and he had to adapt. Now, I watched a lot of his film [from 2014 and 2015], and I saw some bad plays, like people talk about. But I saw a lot of good plays too. We had him evaluated as a really good quarterback prospect.”

O’Brien thinks he’s in good hands to do that. “It's a great spot for him,” O’Brien says. “I coached for Gailey one year at Georgia Tech, and that's a perfect coach for him to learn from. Chan's a very patient guy. Good teacher.”

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/05/06/themmqb-christian-hackenberg-new-york-jets-quarterback-private-workout-nfl-draft-2016

14 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Pretty sure PSU plays in the Big 10. They have not played UMass as long as I have known the school. which is 40 years.

Your are now just plucking things out of the air, and typing them.

Nope.  Try again.

BvRP7riIcAIIYZ9.png

13 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Again you would be wrong, as O'Brien is quoted as saying he evaluates him as a really good pro prospect.

What else is he going to say?  I recruited and coached the kid but he sucks

I have no idea if Hack is a waste or not everything is based of speculation both pro and con. All I can say is any coach who would allow themselves to be an anonymous source needs to be shown the door and outed publicly. Talk about a disruptive lockeroom individual just saying 

Goff is highest rated guy there, and he's borderline unplayable right now too. 

QB evaluaiton is a crap shoot.

1 minute ago, dcJet said:

Goff is highest rated guy there, and he's borderline unplayable right now too. 

QB evaluaiton is a crap shoot.

You don't get it or maybe you do. The problem is these folks weren't allowed to have access to something they have made up their minds about, so now everyone who had anything to do with that decision is public enemy #1 .

There was no one in our 2nd round spot that makes us a playoff team with the QB's we have, so I say keep taking guys until you hit.  

Taking a chance on Hack in 2nd rounder doesnt hurt much.  What hurts is trading up for Goff and him being a bust.  There were difference makers available where Goff went.

I love this whole O'brien angle to justifying the pick.

#1 O'brien is a moron re qbs and his evaluation of them.

#2 If our gm actually did ask a rival nfl coach about a player he was interested in drafting and actually listened to the guy (especially a guy from the Bellichick tree) then he is naive putz that gets what he deserves.

I like Mac for some of what he has done but the word Hackenburg is tattooed on his ass forever,

I also like the whole 'We have a plan for Hack!' nonsense.  There is zero evidence that the jets have had a real plan for thus guy other than saying you are not playing this year.

Zero evidence of slowly moving himup the 4 qb food chain other than via injury zero evidence they want to get his feet wet with even a series or so, zero evidence he is getting any special coaching at all by the team other than being the #,4 guy.

They have by all looks just essentially  ignored this dude this season while they were busy with the murders row of Qbs in Fitzpatrick, Geno and Petty.

5 hours ago, Skeptable said:

Garcia, Gannon, Young... all redemption stories... not sure what you are talking about... there are plenty out there.

I'm not sure those all are redemption stories..That aside, that's 3 out of how many? Garcia was done in 2008, Gannon was done in 2004, Steve Young in 1999...so it's been awhile since these guys even played. How many QBs were drafted in the time since they entered the league starting in 1985? It says something that you have to go back to those guys for redemption examples.. 

Current guys who sucked early and got better. 
Eli Manning, Alex Smith, Derek Carr, Cousins.

It happens sometimes.

4 minutes ago, dcJet said:

Current guys who sucked early and got better. 
Eli Manning, Alex Smith, Derek Carr, Cousins.

t that normal for QBs. It happens sometimes.

Really? Carr has been good from day 1. Cousins was good once the owner got over his mancrush on RG III. Manning took about a year, but isn't that normal for QBs? Smith I'll give you, but I think that's just more of finding the right system. 

The difference is that all of these guys had success at college and took time to adjust to the NFL game. Hackenberg was benched at Penn State and can't even get some garbage time snaps on a 5-11 team. I seriously doubt that he will ever be more than a clipboard holder.

21 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Not the only time someone made an ocean crack like this. Bill Chadwick an ex-NHL ref who years ago was color man on New York Rangers broadcasts once said about Gene Carr, one of the Rangers forwards and a guy who couldn't score that he couldn't put the puck in the ocean if he was standing at the end of the pier. 

Brought back memories with that one, Rangers9. The same Bill Chadwick that used to scream at Barry Beck to, "SHOOT THE PUCK, BARRY, SHOOT THE PUCK"!!!

I apologize guys for the hockey interruption. Sometimes an old guy like me gets a little nostalgic.