LB Victor Ochi Stolen by Kansas City

jetsrule128

3 minutes ago, jetsrule128 said:

Sucks for us but I totally understand his decision. From a 5-11 team team in locker room clean out day to a playoff team 

good luck to him hope he gets to play. 

I've missed you Evan, where have you been?

Who cares? Good for him, I guess. Was this guy EVER a promising talent? He wasn't drafted, right? Did he get any sacks while on the Jets? Did he do anything worth keeping? Just saying. He will probably be on another team next year. Maybe even back with the Jets. On the practice squad.   

8 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Who cares? Good for him, I guess. Was this guy EVER a promising talent? He wasn't drafted, right? Did he get any sacks while on the Jets? Did he do anything worth keeping? Just saying. He will probably be on another team next year. Maybe even back with the Jets. On the practice squad.   

Jets had to see something in him to keep him on the roster all year. 

5 minutes ago, jetsrule128 said:

Jets had to see something in him to keep him on the roster all year. 

I mean sure. As they do in a lot of players. But he was a bubble player. Not a starter, not a backup. He may have developed into a backup next year, depending on the depth. But this simply doesn't matter much. I mean, even a guy like Romar Morris matters more if he were to get poached. At least he showed some promise in pre-season as an elusive back with some burst. But we saw nothing from Ochi to even merit mention. I mean, I'm not trying to be a jerk, but c'mon man. Ochi was nover going to give us the pass rusher we needed. He would be lucky to make the team next season. Especially if the Jets decided to draft a pass rusher or sign one in FA- which they should, probably both.    

12 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

KC knows pass rushers, we have no earthy clue about pass rushers.  I'll call this a loss for our team.

I hope he blows up in KC, fans with Ochi signs, turns out to be a starter, sacks Hack 3 times next year at MetLife. It'll be like, Macc finds them but Bowles HAS NO CLUE how to utilize them.

36 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

KC knows pass rushers, we have no earthy clue about pass rushers.  I'll call this a loss for our team.

We do know about pass rushers - We know we need one. We know we don't have one. And, we know we have grasped seemingly forever for one.

5 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

We do know about pass rushers - We know we need one. We know we don't have one. And, we know we have grasped seemingly forever for one.

I have zero confidence that this regime will put one in a position to succeed, zero.  We drafted two 3-4 olbs the last two years in the 3rd round and though neither one is looked at as a dominant edge rusher they both had some ability and they hardly played in a pass rushing situation.

Ochi looked real good for Baltimore in the preseason.  I think they really wanted to keep him.  It isn't surprising that a guy out of Stony Brook who wasn't in camp with the team wouldn't get much run.  I think I was wondering around here why they didn't add him to the roster to protect him and somebody thought guys couldn't be signed off the practice squad this late.

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Ochi looked real good for Baltimore in the preseason.  I think they really wanted to keep him.  It isn't surprising that a guy out of Stony Brook who wasn't in camp with the team wouldn't get much run.  I think I was wondering around here why they didn't add him to the roster to protect him and somebody thought guys couldn't be signed off the practice squad this late.

Im surprised teams entering the playoffs are allowed to pick up players off of other teams practice squads. 

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

minus 375,888?  How is that even possible?  :D

Ha...I said "wtf" when I saw that too. Mustve been a massive, mud-slinging thread. How the hell does one get 375K negative reps!? Joe Willy only has 1100 !!!!

I remember Jetsrule128, I think.

I have zero confidence that this regime will put one in a position to succeed, zero.  We drafted two 3-4 olbs the last two years in the 3rd round and though neither one is looked at as a dominant edge rusher they both had some ability and they hardly played in a pass rushing situation.

I just have a question, and I am not insulting you. If you have no faith in the regime, then why are you here? Seriously, why are you still a fan? There is a reason the Chicago Cubs had fans for 108 years and that was faith, I hope.

Again, I'm not saying your concerns are without merit, But it just seems weird

Kind of agree with you. Mauldin has like 8.5 sacks in extremely limited snaps, although he has been nicked up quite a bit. When he plays, he knows how to rush the QB. I remember games early on when it's like 3rd and 6/7, obvious passing down, and he comes out. I'm not saying he's Justin Houston, but I think he can definitely help solve our lack of outside pass rushers.

Just now, section314 said:

Kind of agree with you. Mauldin has like 8.5 sacks in extremely limited snaps, although he has been nicked up quite a bit. When he plays, he knows how to rush the QB. I remember games early on when it's like 3rd and 6/7, obvious passing down, and he comes out. I'm not saying he's Justin Houston, but I think he can definitely help solve our lack of outside pass rushers.

I think his misuse is why the OLB coach got fired. They messed him up last offseason

Archived