Sign in to follow this  
Matt39

Per Manish, but worth a thread on Hackenberg's future

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Amazing how many of these dopes have never heard of mechanics

Wonder what Wilbon's thoughts are.

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
9 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

i will say one more thing....if they go into next year with the same develop him attitude all bets are off. He has to play next year in some capacity, maybe backup with major preseason reps, maybe starter....whatever...next year is the year for him to show something.

Totally agree. Hack needs to be in the mix for at least the back up job, or this is an epic failure of a pick.

PS Did anyone connect the dots with Macc and the Texans and Bill O'Brien and the Texans and BOB's relationship with Hackenberg at PSU? Has this been uncovered or discussed?

1 minute ago, southtown24th said:

I still can't figure the **** out why we drafted this ******* kid...it actually makes me ******* angry that we are holding off (potentially) on drafting another QB this year because of this ****.

According to whom ?

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Jesus. Macc drafted a dude with the middle name Blaize? That alone is a fireable offense. 

Holy sh*t how am I just now finding out about this

i guess manish the moron hasn't read the program.  as i understand it there was absolutely no way the jets were going to play hack this season regardless so why is this moron so surprised?  he shouldn't be.  and as far as i'm concerned more than an anonymous jets source needs to say something about hack for it to be believed.  i don't think mac is such a bad talent evaluator that he would've selected hack without some idea about the guy's talent.

Great post

7 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Jesus. Macc drafted a dude with the middle name Blaize? That alone is a fireable offense. 

quick google search on Blaize

BlaizeFun.png

Macc needs to be held accountable if Hack ends up being a dud.  Another wasted second round pick.  Hack in 2016,  Devin Smith in 2015.  The Jets need to find impact players in the 2nd round.

And if he becomes a successful NFL QB will he still be a wasted 2nd round pick??

And who will be the dud then?

I still can't figure the **** out why we drafted this ******* kid...it actually makes me ******* angry that we are holding off (potentially) on drafting another QB this year because of this ****.

Link? *************

*****************?

Latest WalterFootball mock draft:

https://walterfootball.com/draft2017.php

Mitch Trubisky falling to us at #5 and we pull the trigger. Music to my ears.

Also of note: Pat Mahomes, TTech QB, moves up into the first round...and Watson is back out of the first round and into the second round, as most predicted.

When Jets fans realize "Mac" was just a Charley Casserly stooge payback pick, we can have an honest conversation. The sad part is Woody had good intentions, he's just an aloof idiot. 

3 minutes ago, Gen X Jet said:

When Jets fans realize "Mac" was just a Charley Casserly stooge payback pick, we can have an honest conversation. The sad part is Woody had good intentions, he's just an aloof idiot. 

Please...elaborate.

Look at the QBs selected over the past 2 years, in any round.  

Many have been able to go out and play.  Not necessarily well, but play the game. Many won games.  Trevor Siemian has looked respectable.  Even Bryce won a game.

Hack was just awful in his preseason appearance.  LIke one of us playing QBs.

After a year in the system, Hack should be able to play preseason football with some starters and look like a pro QB. 

If Hack cannot even resemble a pro QB next year, the 2nd round pick for him will start looking bad (or what should be have been a lower round pick).

What does our QB depth chart look like next year?

1. Veteran Wash Up--not Romo, not Cutler, etc.

2. Hackenberg

3. First Rounder 2017--Trubisky, Kizer, (dare I say) Watson, Mahomes?

How's that look to all of my esteemed colleagues here on the board?

Just now, southtown24th said:

What does our QB depth chart look like next year?

1. Veteran Wash Up--not Romo, not Cutler, etc.

2. Hackenberg

3. First Rounder 2017--Trubisky, Kizer, (dare I say) Watson, Mahomes?

How's that look to all of my esteemed colleagues here on the board?

u forgot to add the starter - petty

13 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Latest WalterFootball mock draft:

https://walterfootball.com/draft2017.php

Mitch Trubisky falling to us at #5 and we pull the trigger. Music to my ears.

Also of note: Pat Mahomes, TTech QB, moves up into the first round...and Watson is back out of the first round and into the second round, as most predicted.

Despite all the great EDGE, S, CB and RB prospects that will be screaming for the Jets to pick them at 6, the Jets will have a hard time not picking the player they believe to be the best QB prospect available.  That is what happens to a team that does not have a Franchise QB.

So because the Jets do not have a Franchise QB, they will need to reach for one and pass up players that could end up being wildly successful in 2017.  The Jets could have a QB either sitting on the bench or playing and stinking while Fournette and Cook run over people and Tim Williams sacks the QB-for other teams.   And as we know, just because you pick a QB in the first round does not mean they turn out good.  The Jags and Dolphins were in the same position-without a QB-and drafted Bortles and Tannehill.  They had to.

Now-how does Macc possibly save himself from this mess?  How can he pick the BPA and maybe look for another QB prospect in the 2nd or lower rounds which is perhaps the better value?  By making sure Hack and/or Petty can play next year respectably, and then perhaps sign someone he thinks could be as good or better than a QB he would draft.

But finding a Franchise QB involves either reaching or trading lots of picks for a sure thing.  Or stinking.

Most with knowledge believe today that the Jets' best path today is BPA at 6 in 2017 and then pick the QB in 2018 after they stink in 2017, which is likely.  A hold the fort guy to play with Petty and Hack for 2017 works.  In 2018, you then have the draft pick, Petty/Hack and maybe the veteran.

I don't think it will turn out that way.

52 minutes ago, rangerous said:

okay, i think everyone gets that, but rarely do teams start a rookie back up or even play a back up unless a game is in garbage time or something like that.  i'm like every other fan thinking that hack as a 2nd rounder should play at some point but as the season played out there was no point in putting into a hopeless situation.  imo maybe bowles knew very well about his locker room and let fitz play the whole drama out.

The reason would be to get him some live action.  Maybe work through some of the kinks when pressure to succeed is low to nonexistent.