Tyrod Taylor Thoughts ...

KRL

11 minutes ago, Pcola said:

Their Owner moved on from Taylor with no one else on their roster that could even be a back up.  

Our coaching staff stuck with Sanchez because there was no obvious replacement.

Maybe Buffalo's gonna tank next season.

Bills fans are already on the USC QB train as well. They'll probably tank for him and the Jets will blow it and the Bills become the new Pats for 15 years. 

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Bills fans are already on the USC QB train as well. They'll probably tank for him and the Jets will blow it and the Bills become the new Pats for 15 years. 

Agreed.  Whatever happens, we'll miss out on Darnold - probably by 1 pick or 1 meaningless end-of-season win.  The Dolphins with Griese and Marino dominated the 70's and a good part of the 80's.  The Bills with Jim Kelly dominated the late 80's/early 90's.  The Cheaters dominated from 2001 onward w/ Tom Brady.  The ONLY team in our division to NOT dominate for any kind of stretch is our NY Jets.

The whole problem with Taylor is he feels he is an quality starter and is going to ask for the salary and term to dictate that.  I don;t think he is particularity good but is better than a lot of the other alts out there but he is going to want a big contract with term.

Agreed.  Whatever happens, we'll miss out on Darnold - probably by 1 pick or 1 meaningless end-of-season win.  The Dolphins with Griese and Marino dominated the 70's and a good part of the 80's.  The Bills with Jim Kelly dominated the late 80's/early 90's.  The Cheaters dominated from 2001 onward w/ Tom Brady.  The ONLY team in our division to NOT dominate for any kind of stretch is our NY Jets.

Refresh my memory

How many Lombardis did those Bills w Kelly and Fish with Marino hoist?

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Lets Geno Smith walk, some fans still pine for him.

Same fans now want to sign Tyrod Taylor, Geno Smith II

Same Old Jets (Fans).

Psst, the old Mike Vick style of running QB has been figured out, especially when the running QB's are bad throwers a la Geno.Tyrod.  

And neither Geno nor Tyrod hold to a candle to what Vick was.

How about we look forward instead of trying to relive someone else's 1990's Glory Days?

Typical Jets.  All the ex-Jets up for the HOF, we drafted none of them.  Always looking for other teams cast offs.  Quick fix, helps put people in the stands.  But they will never reach the level of the elite teams.  So basically Woody is here to be Kraft's, Rooney's, Mara's bitch.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Did you guys ever see a couch sitting out by the curb and say to yourselves, "man, that's a sweet couch. I can't believe someone is just throwing that away! I'm gonna strap it to the roof of my car and put it in my living room for the next decade."

If you told me it was that couch or Tyrod Taylor, then sure.

You're basically putting a running back at QB with Taylor. He can not read a defense and his accuracy is awful. He can't throw over the middle(seriously, look at his pass breakdowns..middle of the field does not exist). Sure, he hits a deep throw now and then, but for that one there are several more simple passes that he misses and several other passes that should have been tried, but were never attempted. His success has been due to the Bills have the best running game in the league and not asking him to do much. Shut down his running game and he's just as bad as what is already on the Jets roster. 

May as well just Powell out there at QB. 

3 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

You're basically putting a running back at QB with Taylor. He can not read a defense and his accuracy is awful. He can't throw over the middle(seriously, look at his pass breakdowns..middle of the field does not exist). Sure, he hits a deep throw now and then, but for that one there are several more simple passes that he misses and several other passes that should have been tried, but were never attempted. His success has been due to the Bills have the best running game in the league and not asking him to do much. Shut down his running game and he's just as bad as what is already on the Jets roster. 

May as well just Powell out there at QB. 

Don't agree he can do it all. Not great but not too bad. Take him if healthy. He's had time to develop and like 30 starts. He's ready to get better.

I laugh when I hear that TT is anything like the QB play we have had on the Jets in the last 7 years!!

Under  TT the Bills have scored 716 points in Tyrod's 29 starts for a (24.7 PPG), he has a more than respectable 2.47:1 total TD to turnover rate (47 total TD's to just 15 total turnovers), his 99.4 QB Rating last year is 2nd-highest in Bills' history and his 89.7 QB Rating this year for 4th-best.  

These numbers would have been loved by Jets fans!!  

To act like Geno Smith has produced anything like these numbers is Insane

Also let’s compare Taylor to a so called "Franchise QB" in Alex Smith of Kansas City

Tyrod Taylor (2015-2016 seasons):

Record 14-14

Passing YPG - 209 yards

Rushing YPG - 40 yards

Total YPG - 249 yards

Total TD/Turnover Ratio (47TD's/19TO's) - 2.47

Passer Rating - 99.54

Alex Smith (2013-2016 seasons):

Record 41-20

Passing YPG - 223 yards

Rushing YPG - 21 yards

Total YPG - 244 yards

Total TD/Turnover Ratio - (85TD's/47TO's) - 1.81

Passer Rating - 92.28

I like Taylor’s numbers better and yes Smith won more games but IMO that is a function of the HC of both respective teams.

He'd be the most legitimate chance at a long term answer for us that we've had in a while. Probably since we drafted Sanchez and hoped he was the real deal.

He's 27. He's played very well for Buffalo. They are making a mistake if they release him. They have no fallback option besides to draft someon which we all know is a crap shoot. Or hope a project like Cardale Jones is the answer. We know Manuel is not. It's a huge mistake if the rumors are true.

Out of all the possible options out there he's the best one for us. This isnt a good draft for QB's. Its more of the same, you're better off taking a guy in the middle rounds and hoping he pans out rather than reaching for one in the first.

5 hours ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Is it that some people want a black QB at any cost?   

Again, I just don't get it.  

If you think that Fitz' play was sufficient when taken over the two years, I don't know what to tell you!!

I don't and I was a Fitz fan since since his days in Buffalo since I lived there.....

Taylor being black has nothing to do with it!!

What a Joke!!

Good Grief!!

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Did you guys ever see a couch sitting out by the curb and say to yourselves, "man, that's a sweet couch. I can't believe someone is just throwing that away! I'm gonna strap it to the roof of my car and put it in my living room for the next decade."

Can't lie, there's some humor here .

Here is my question/concern; if Taylor is all that and can lead a team to the super bowl, etc, why would Buffalo let him go?  Buffalo has a horrible EJ Manuel, and a very unproven Cardale Jones.  Can someone please explain this to me?

Here is my question/concern; if Taylor is all that and can lead a team to the super bowl, etc, why would Buffalo let him go?  Buffalo has a horrible EJ Manuel, and a very unproven Cardale Jones.  Can someone please explain this to me?

The simple answer is buffalo will not let him go. People get these crazy ideas that teams will allow their franchize qbs walk if you want a good an you need to get lucky in the draft period.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Don't agree he can do it all. Not great but not too bad. Take him if healthy. He's had time to develop and like 30 starts. He's ready to get better.

what? You don't agree that he was 30th as a passer? You don't agree that his pass distribution shows he almost never completes passes is the middle of the field? He is a one dimensional QB that can't be trusted to throw on a regular basis. Look at his stats when the Bills are behind and the number of throws increase...it gets much worse. He wouldn't have the same type of offensive line on the Jets either.

If you wish to deny reality, which is a crucial skill for a Jets fan, I won't stop you, but Taylor certainly can't "do it all".

11 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

what? You don't agree that he was 30th as a passer? You don't agree that his pass distribution shows he almost never completes passes is the middle of the field? He is a one dimensional QB that can't be trusted to throw on a regular basis. Look at his stats when the Bills are behind and the number of throws increase...it gets much worse. He wouldn't have the same type of offensive line on the Jets either.

If you wish to deny reality, which is a crucial skill for a Jets fan, I won't stop you, but Taylor certainly can't "do it all".

Never said he was great but he's good and about the best young Qb who could be on the open market. He's not top flight elite but where are you going to get that. And I don't believe you have to look into every bad stat a Qb has and over analyze. If that's the case don't sign anyone. I think he'll get better and you can win with him. 

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

"Nope.  But is there a point to your question?"

3 hours ago, Joejet said:

How did Peyton Manning, Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, Kurt Warner, Vinny Testaverde etc get let go?

I am aware that this may not be the best line of thinking, but if Taylor was so good, why would the Bills let him go? They have nothing behind him on the bench and they are picking in the middle of the first round, where there won't be an impact QB available. 

Additionally, what type of money will Taylor be looking to get? You saw the contract he signed in Buffalo. If he wanted to sign a contract for 2-3 years at 10 million p/y, I'd probably go along with it, but I suspect he will want much more. 

22 hours ago, thadude said:

Taylor with our receivers and an improved defense is good enough to win a Super Bowl.

But don't worry guys, I'm almost positive we end up with the dynamic duo of Petty/Hack and endure another 4-12 season next year.

I agree, especially if they draft Fournette. The Bills were unbeatable when McCoy had good games. Rex defense was the reason they didn't get to the playoffs. It would be nice to actually have a running game that we can run playaction from. I think Tyrod would be awesome throwing to Decker, Enunwa, Anderson, ASJ with Fournette in the backfield.

A good running game takes pressure off of the QB, helps the defense get rest, tires the opposing defense, and when that happens Taylor is incredibly dangerous when he gets out of the pocket & runs or throws.

20 hours ago, johnnysd said:

NO. We need to see what we have in Hack and Petty after they are given significant reps and a full offseason with new OC and QB coach. Hack is NOT a bust yet, and Petty showed flashes of being good. But idiots on this board want to bring back Fitz or sign Glennon so it just shows you have brain dead most opinions are here. I do know this though. Whatever the right decision is, the Jets will not make it. AND Macc and Bowles are effectively lame ducks so there is NO WAY they will make the right long term decisions for this team.

Totally agreed up until the bold.  I think Woody is trying for the long term rebuild with these guys.  

20 hours ago, Joe Jets fan said:

I don't get it, Fitz threw 31 tds in 2015 and people here bashed resigning him. 

Taylor has never thrown 20 tds in a season and people here want to sign him. 

Is it that some people want a black QB at any cost?   

Again, I just don't get it.  

Funny how you were calling out people for "race baiting" and now you're doing the exact same thing lol. Gotta love it

22 minutes ago, King P said:

Funny how you were calling out people for "race baiting" and now you're doing the exact same thing lol. Gotta love it

See that's the thing, no I am not at all. I am trying to figure out why anyone would want this guy to be their QB.   He stinks!   So it can't be his play, so what is it?  What logical reason?

23 hours ago, thadude said:

Taylor with our receivers and an improved defense is good enough to win a Super Bowl.

But don't worry guys, I'm almost positive we end up with the dynamic duo of Petty/Hack and endure another 4-12 season next year.

That is a BOLD statement that I would almost bet money on, because I doubt any team could make the playoffs with this guy (unless you are the Texans with the best defense in the league ala Osweiler

Archived