Bama vs clemsen... Who should i watch for?

HighPitch

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least you spelled 'Bama' correctly.

Bama:

Jonathan Allen - Dline

Marlon Humphrey - CB

Cam Robinson - LT

Tim Williams - Edge rusher

Rueben Foster - ILB

OJ Howard - TE

Ryan Anderson  - OLB

Clemson:

Mike Williams - WR

Deshaun Watson - QB

Cordrea Tankersly - CB

Jordan Leggett - TE

Wayne Gallman - RB

Jonathan Allen DE might be gone before we pick

OT Cam Robinson is a very likely target for the Jets at #6, although I think he is more of a natural RT like former Bama OT Andre Smith

Tim Williams, Edge Rusher might be rated a little lower than #6

Don't know if we want to draft another Bama CB, but Marlon Humphrey is a beast

Safety Eddie Jackson was hurt, but might be a good option for us in the 2nd round, he is a good punt returner, too

OLB/Edge Rusher Ryan Anderson might be a 2nd or 3rd rounder, but he is a natural pass rusher...a bit undersized

If TE OJ Howard slips to the 2nd round, we might serioursly consider killing his career and drafting him

1 hour ago, Sarge4Tide said:

OT Cam Robinson is a very likely target for the Jets at #6, although I think he is more of a natural RT like former Bama OT Andre Smith

Safety Eddie Jackson was hurt, but might be a good option for us in the 2nd round, he is a good punt returner, too

OLB/Edge Rusher Ryan Anderson might be a 2nd or 3rd rounder, but he is a natural pass rusher...a bit undersized

If TE OJ Howard slips to the 2nd round, we might serioursly consider killing his career and drafting him

Yup solid list... 

Humphrey is a real possibility for the Jets... Cam Robinson might be a reach at #6 but he would likely make the line better.

As for Allen, there is a real possibility that he's there at 6. The bears are mostly mocked to take him, but if they pass him up and take maybe a QB instead, he may still be on the board when the Jets are up... He's probably a top 5 talent in the draft. Maybe even top 3 or 4... So he would be the "best available" if the fell to the Jets... Would they take another lineman?? 

1 hour ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Cam Robinson at 6 is a massive reach. He should be drafted somewhere between 15 and 25. If we're gonna draft him, trade down

9 minutes ago, King P said:

Cam Robinson at 6 is a massive reach. He should be drafted somewhere between 15 and 25. If we're gonna draft him, trade down

Some recent mocks really have him moving forward... I think this time of year when we talk about pass rushing so much, OTs start creeping up draft boards.

Not saying that's where he belongs or that the mocks are even close to correct, but if the trend continues it might not look like that big of a reach if they take him.

I don't think it'll happen though. I think there will be a CB there for them. 

Just now, DMan77 said:

Some recent mocks really have him moving forward... I think this time of year when we talk about pass rushing so much, OTs start creeping up draft boards.

Not saying that's where he belongs or that the mocks are even close to correct, but if the trend continues it might not look like that big of a reach if they take him.

He might creep up the draft boards, but taking him at 6 would still be a mistake.

1 minute ago, King P said:

He might creep up the draft boards, but taking him at 6 would still be a mistake.

Probably right... It's difficult to me because I have these dreams of the Jets having an amazing top OL like the Cowboys... I see the Jets as a completely different team, even with their other issues, if they get a solid LT and some guard depth... I thin kit transforms the whole team.

But, ya Robinson would be a reach there and may not even be able to play LT at all never mind next season... Maybe I'll change my mind as the combines and private workouts and all that start.

58 minutes ago, Bugg said:

At a loss what genius scheduled this for a Monday night. The NCAA practically hides the championship.

No matter-Bama would be a 6-10 team in the AFC South. Expect a blowout. 

I assume because it's NFL Wildcard weekend.  two games each day.  No room really for this game without a LOT of ruffled feathers so Monday it is.

9 hours ago, Beerfish said:

At least you spelled 'Bama' correctly.

Bama:

Jonathan Allen - Dline

Marlon Humphrey - CB

Cam Robinson - LT

Tim Williams - Edge rusher

Rueben Foster - ILB

OJ Howard - TE

Ryan Anderson  - OLB

Clemson:

Mike Williams - WR

Deshaun Watson - QB

Cordrea Tankersly - CB

Jordan Leggett - TE

Wayne Gallman - RB

Great list.  I'd add Clemson NT #94 Carlos Watkins and Clemson LB #10 Ben Boulware.

8 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

DeShaun Watson without a legitimate QB we will never win, 

I am down on mobile QBs.  Look at all the QB injuries this year.  A QB needs to drop back, maybe move around, and throw the ball downfield.  

8 hours ago, DMan77 said:

Every year its the same thing.  The players start off scrambled, but when the draft comes the first players picked are QBs, LTs and EDGE.  

Archived