It's time to Bring

Tinstar

Brian Schottenheimer home again .  The last time the Jets mage a run in the playoffs, he was the offensive coordinator.  Many thought he was clueless, but I saw an innovative young coach who ran a complicated scheme his QB couldn't run. It was just like Vinny Testaverde  trying to run Paul Hackett's WCO .  The kid went away, has gotten more experience and it's time to bring Schotty home .

He should have never left .The guy who needed to be fired back then got fired 2 yrs too late .

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tinstar said:

Brian Schottenheimer home again .  The last time the Jets mage a run in the playoffs, he was the offensive coordinator.  Many thought he was clueless, but I saw an innovative young coach who ran a complicated scheme his QB couldn't run. It was just like Vinny Testaverde  trying to run Paul Hackett's WCO .  The kid went away, has gotten more experience and it's time to bring Schotty home .

He should have never left .The guy who needed to be fired back then got fired 2 yrs too late .

1 hour ago, Tinstar said:

If this guy was good enough to get a proven bad QB like Mark Sanchez to 2 AFC Championship games, why do Jet fans hate him so much ? 

You know damn well the #1 defense with Revis in his prime, the #1 running game along with a top #5 O-line got us to those AFC conference games. STOP bullsh*tting us.

Watching motions of tony richardson to line up in a hot route 20 times a game like he was some receiving threat was akin to me using a cactus as a foley catheter.

I think ill pass. 

The offense's success was based purely on a great OL/running with blocking schemes developed by Bill Callahan, one of the best ol coaches in the game. Shottt should have been gone with Mangini. But then again, Rex would have made Matt Cavanagh the OC then....pass me the cactus again please.

9 hours ago, Tinstar said:

ah,  separation makes the heart grow fond.  schitty was schitty.  he was pretty useless calling the plays and had zero repoire with the players.  go read about how he used to sit by himself thinking about why a play went south instead of talking to the players.  just say no to little brian.

4 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Watching motions of tony richardson to line up in a hot route 20 times a game like he was some receiving threat was akin to me using a cactus as a foley catheter.

I think ill pass. 

The offense's success was based purely on a great OL/running with blocking schemes developed by Bill Callahan, one of the best ol coaches in the game. Shottt should have been gone with Mangini. But then again, Rex would have made Matt Cavanagh the OC then....pass me the cactus again please.

Bill Callahan's contribution is so ******* overrated around here.  The guy is a top level O line coach.  Pure and simple.  Thomas Jones had1100 yards rushing in 2007 before Callahan came over.  Yes, the ypc went up and the Jets had an overall top rushing game in 2008, 2009 and 2010.  Big ******* deal.  Don't you think that had more to do with replacing Adrien Clarke and Anthony Clement with Alan Faneca and Damien Woody?  Pairing the run game with a QB that could throw more than 20 yards downfield?  Woody retired in 2011 and they were 30th in ypc.  Thanks Bill!  Then he ran off to Dallas. 

1 hour ago, FloridaJetsFan said:

While we're at it, can we also bring Kotite back?

This is what half the board is advocating.  You want to tank?  Why not go nuclear?  

7 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

This is what half the board is advocating.  You want to tank?  Why not go nuclear?  

Lololololol where have you been the whole week? We're bringing back Bowles. That's the pure definition of tanking. 

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Guys.

Let me help you out beloved .

You folks should know that I hold in the highest esteem some of the most hated Jet coaches by the fans . I have come to understand in my time here around my beloved Jets fanatic, that most folks will criticize anything that doesn't resemble what they're accustomed too or can't understand .

This fan base hated Paul Hackett who has forgotten more about football than most will ever know  and all the man did was lead an offense to the playoffs on 3 different occasions with a QB who couldn't run his offense and another who could but was always injured. Injured, not hurt . He designed a scheme out of the WCO that allowed his QB to play to his strengths while keeping the basic structure of the system . It was a timing offense, that required a thinking man, and when he had 1 under center, the offense worked marvelously .

This fan base hated Herman Edwards because he didn't fit the standard of what they are accustomed to in a HC . The man didn't call plays, but he knew what he wanted and who he wanted on his team . His front office sabotaged him by allowing his QB's favorite receiver leave in a contract hassle only to bring him back a few yrs later when he was no longer the same player . They also allowed the NT(Jason Ferguson) to leave via a similar manner after he had solidified the middle of the defense kind of like what snacks did in 2015 for the Jets. Working with an injury prone QB, this awesome front office never bothered to find 1 decent QB who could be developed during this man's time as HC .

This fan base hated   Brian Schottenheimer, because that's what they do . When something doesn't work the way you expect it to, someone has to be hated and the best target is the person running what's not working. The problem I have with this line of thinking, is one must 1st determine if what's not working is what the person running the unit wanted to put forth . This young man was given a rookie QB to run his offense who had 16 college starts and zero pro experience . In his 1st yr, he relied on the running game which was exemplary and play action . The QB somehow manage to screw up the easiest of assignments . In his second season, he tried to implement more of his scheme, but it just got so bad that the HC ordered a color coded scheme to assist this highly drafted QB in where to go with the ball . The breaking point for me was the game where WR Santonio Holmes got into an on the field altercation and the HC didn't notice . It took this young man to remove this disruptive player from the game because the HC was too busy doing the Job he had hired someone else to do .  That was the game when I knew Rex Ryan should be fired . Instead, at the end of the season, Rex was given and extension and young Shottenheimer was fired .

Who orchestrated the offense that resulted in the top notch rushing attack  ?

Whose defense failed in every big game during that tenure ?

Who had the pulse of the team and who ran his mouth but couldn't back it up ?

A wise man one told me " Anything you don't understand, you will abuse" .

You people understand Ryan, and Parcells and Belicheck , because it's par for the course and those folks are loved for the most part . You'll never understand the 3 aforementioned hated coaches, because they were different .

Herman Edwards was a good HC.

Paul Hackett was a great offensive coordinator

Brian Schottenheimer was an up and coming offensive mind .

All 3 were misunderstood, and because of it are hated to this day by folks people consider knowledgeable sports fans

I wonder. 

End Sermon .

That is all.  

I think all options are on the table OC, including retreads and repeats.  I am not feeling people lining up for the Jets OC job, and I think to get anyone real interested Woody would have to pay them.  It could be a one year job.

If Shotty, Paul Hackett, Rich Kotite or Bill Walsh want to be the OC for the Jets, the Jets and the fans should be open-minded.

Shotty was not good, having said that like all OC's he got all of the blame and zero credit.  People that trumpet mark sanchez and rex taking us to two afc title games seem to forget who the oc was at that time on a team that put no draft resources into the offense at all and gave the oc a flawed mistake prone rookie QB.

Archived