Tell Me About Baker Mayfield, QB?

Warfish

6'1" (short).

212 pounds (a bit light).

Walk-On Starter at Texas Tech (for one season).

Walk-On Starter at Oklahoma (for three seasons).

Passing
Year Team GP Cmp Att Pct Yards TDs Int
2013 Texas Tech 8 218 340 64.1 2,315 12 9
2015 Oklahoma 13 269 395 68.1 3,700 36 7
2016 Oklahoma 12 235 330 71.2 3,669 38 8
College Totals 33 722 1,065 67.8 9,684 86 24

4th place in Heisman Trophy voting (2015)
3rd place in Heisman Trophy voting (2016)
First-team All-American (2015)
First-team All-Big 12 (2015)
Sporting News Player of the Year (2015)
Big 12 Offensive Player of the Year (2015)
Burlsworth Trophy (2015, 2016)
Big 12 Freshman Offensive Player of the Year (2013)
4A Texas State Championship (2011)

What are the College-Fan thoughts on this kid?

He'll get some late round looks next year I imagine... Maybe mid round if they change up the offense a little for him and let him play out of some pro formations, but that's doubtful. 

You never know though. It's such a QB hungry league guys can end up going earlier than expected. 

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

But other than that?

He's fun to watch.  He runs around like chicken with his head cut off and can make some great plays on the run.  He stares down pressure and turns his back to field, a lot.  He's never read a defense in his life.  There is a rule made up about letting non-scholarship players transfer and play the first year because of an appeal he made to the Big 12 after transferring from Texas Tech.  He was a walk on, not a huge recruit.

And he looks like this:

PWVFDLOLIZDHBZD.20160808210914.jpg

17 minutes ago, JiF said:

He's fun to watch.  He runs around like chicken with his head cut off and can make some great plays on the run.  He stares down pressure and turns his back to field, a lot.  He's never read a defense in his life.  There is a rule made up about letting non-scholarship players transfer and play the first year because of an appeal he made to the Big 12 after transferring from Texas Tech.  He was a walk on, not a huge recruit.

And he looks like this:

How big is his penis?

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

How big is his penis?

What he lacks for in length he makes up for in girth.  He man grooms, which is a good thing.  It's not the full shave.  He likes to make a little arrow down to the unit with his pubs.  Sometimes he leaves a few pubs on the balls and it's like, come'on man...dont be so sloppy.  His effort is appreciated nonetheless.  

52 minutes ago, JiF said:

Outside of playing in gimmicky offense, in a conference that literally doesnt know you're allowed to play D and has never produced an NFL QB, he's returning for his Senior year.

36 minutes ago, JiF said:

And he looks like this:

15 minutes ago, JiF said:

What he lacks for in length he makes up for in girth.  He man grooms, which is a good thing.  It's not the full shave.  He likes to make a little arrow down to the unit with his pubs.  Sometimes he leaves a few pubs on the balls and it's like, come'on man...dont be so sloppy.  His effort is appreciated nonetheless.  

This right here is why JiF is so underrated as a poster. The detail and depth of his scouting is truly astonishing. 

Great college player. I'd be shocked if he was an NFL QB. Small and athletic in a shotgun spread system... Numbers inflated by the offense he plays in, the offensive talent around him, and the lack of defense in the Big XII. I don't think he has the size, arm, or talent to play on Sundays. Lots of moxie though.

8 hours ago, JiF said:

Outside of playing in gimmicky offense, in a conference that literally doesnt know you're allowed to play D and has never produced an NFL QB, he's returning for his Senior year.

didn't bradford go to oklahoma?  vince ferragamo went to nebraska.

As I see it, you've got two options here: You can google Mayfield for yourself and read some blog articles from some very, very qualified and important experts. Or you can sit here and wait for people to google the same blog articles and then plagiarize them here for you as if it came from their mouths. I would recommend the latter, as it saves you the work and you may even get someone that posts a YouTube video, labeling it as tape and/or film, with their own breakdowns of said video and his skillset.

Extra bonus, option two gets a couple people to type out specialized phrases like pocket presence, coached up, zip on his throws, ball security, and intangibles.

9 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

As I see it, you've got two options here: You can google Mayfield for yourself and read some blog articles from some very, very qualified and important experts. Or you can sit here and wait for people to google the same blog articles and then plagiarize them here for you as if it came from their mouths. I would recommend the latter, as it saves you the work and you may even get someone that posts a YouTube video, labeling it as tape and/or film, with their own breakdowns of said video and his skillset.

Extra bonus, option two gets a couple people to type out specialized phrases like pocket presence, coached up, zip on his throws, ball security, and intangibles.

This. 

Your best bet on a QB is Patrick Mahomes out of Texas Tech. Beat out Davis Webb (QB at Cal) who beat out Baker Mayfield. The one thing all 3 of these QB's has in common is they played for Kliff Kingsbury at Texas Tech. He will get picked up in the first round somewhere.

1 minute ago, RJIII said:

Your best bet on a QB is Patrick Mahomes out of Texas Tech. Beat out Davis Webb (QB at Cal) who beat out Baker Mayfield. The one thing all 3 of these QB's has in common is they played for Kliff Kingsbury at Texas Tech. He will get picked up in the first round somewhere.

Based on your avatar, I can tell this is a very objective and non-biased opinion. 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Based on your avatar, I can tell this is a very objective and non-biased opinion. 

Yes sir! However, I'm an avid Jets fan. Would love to see him go to the Jets.. Already declared for NFL, salty ass football player but yes, I'm biased. 

6 minutes ago, RJIII said:

We already have him on our roster.  His name is Bryce Petty.

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

What's Graham Harrel up to these days anyway?

The undrafted free agent is polishing his Super Bowl Ring (Packers) and recruiting. He's the OC at University of North Texas.

3 minutes ago, RJIII said:

The undrafted free agent is polishing his Super Bowl Ring (Packers) and recruiting. He's the OC at University of North Texas.

He had better stats than Mahommes his last two years.  I'll believe that Mahomes is a 1st rounder when I see it.

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He had better stats than Mahommes his last two years.  I'll believe that Mahomes is a 1st rounder when I see it.

Fair enough.. Harrell was great but he also played 2 years further in college than Mahomes as he was red shirted. Mahomes has completed his career and entered the NFL draft before Harrell was a starter (if your comparing time at a position).

And will be drafted high where Harrell was undrafted. 

Archived