So It Begins: SB Nation First Round 2017 Mock Draft

Warfish

19 minutes ago, Warfish said:

http://www.sbnation.com/2017/1/9/14211394/2017-nfl-mock-draft-team-needs-browns-49ers-dolphins-raiders

Has Watson and Trubinsky both gone by the time we pick (to hicago at 3 and San Fran at 2, respectively).

Has the Jets selecting QB DeShone Kizer from Notre Dame at #6.

Thoughts?

CrazyCarl probably just "whitewashed" the room he's sitting in.

Oh man I've been following mocks since week 1 of the regular season because I'm a crazy person. 

But yes they'll probably become more prevalent now. Oddly the "big board" has stayed relatively the same since the beginning of the season. 

Biggest early question mark is the Bears. What they do will change the board. Do they take a QB? Or do they stick with a DL or RB? Their choice will definitely ripple to the Jets. 

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

http://www.sbnation.com/2017/1/9/14211394/2017-nfl-mock-draft-team-needs-browns-49ers-dolphins-raiders

Has Watson and Trubinsky both gone by the time we pick (to hicago at 3 and San Fran at 2, respectively).

Thoughts?

Personally, I'd love to see the first 5 fall this way.  It takes 2 QB needy teams off the market in 2018 when Darnold and Rosen are draft eligible.  

The more non-Jets teams that draft QB in rd 1 this year, the happy that I am.  

2 hours ago, jetscanes331 said:

No to kizer. Hard pass. Trade back and take oline and build the right way. 

Alternatively,I like the safety from LSU.

Ten 4... I like this strategy the most. Even if any of the QB's are there at 6, I don't take one because none are sure fire 1st round guys. I keep saying this and before we get one killed we need to beef up the O-Line. Hopefully we'll stink and pray Darnold comes out and we move up or have the first pick. We need something to break right for us for a change. Every Jet fan should go to church lol...

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Thoughts?

3 questionable QBs gone in the top ten when none of them are worth a top 10 pick. 

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Thoughts?

Can you or someone else post up the general opinion of Dak Prescott at this time last year?

If there's one thing that the Jets have taught me is that there are only 2 sure-thing quarterbacks coming out per decade, the rest are a complete crapshoot.

Kizer might be the next Joe Montana, who the hell knows.

SAR I

At least 2 of the 3 mentioned will have great combines and work outs and they will get drafted high.

My worry thought is that one of these QB's who people like, but maybe don't like top 6 will slide to to the 2nd round and we will not pull the trigger due to Hackenburg.

1 minute ago, cant wait said:

Really not sure what to think about kizer yet. but it's going to very hard to pass on a player like hooker or williams if they are available 

Williams?  Did he even play last night?

8 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I never pass on available hookers but I need to see them run at the combine first. 

Just make sure to watch out for mayock. "He's got dancing feet with that lower body. It's unbelievable. Look at the body, look at that bubble butt … thighs! I mean, that's power,"

33 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Remember when it was cool that we were winning pointless games in December because there were no good quarterbacks worth taking at the top of the draft? Good times.

marcus-mariota-oregon-ducks-shoes.jpg

matt-ryan-pictures%20(16).jpg

Good thing, who needed these bums.

SAR I

1 hour ago, cant wait said:

He got hurt early but came back and made a bunch of big catches in the second half

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

He vanished after going 8 for 94 and a TD against the nations best Defense. A total bum....

My bad, I was referring to Tim Williams the Alabama edge rusher that people having been talking about at #6.  

Archived