Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BrickTamland

Sell me on Deshone Kizer

46 posts in this topic

What do I do to become enamored with this guy?

Are there people here who love him? Has he earned it?

Good arm, wheels and strength. For a kid with a big arm, he also has nice touch. If you were building a QB, he would be fit the build. But he is very raw in my opinion to take early in the first round. That's pretty much my evaluation for 3 or 4 QBs at the top of this draft class. Watson/Trubinsky/Kizer are all capable of becoming NFL QBs. Watson is the only one that has played enough in college to warrant taking early in the 1st and even that would be a gamble imo. 

No

Can't, he has an extremely high ceiling, but also an extremely low floor .   He's got a chance to be Geno Smith  ?

Stay away from him in the first or second round. If he's there after that, sure, why not?

Prototype Has everything u want in a QB ..from a physical stand point Good Athlete, Big Arm , he makes NFL type throws,  he is very young still learning the game but he is smart went through progressions and played from under center  .. played much better last year before his weapons where stripped this year .. very boom or bust but wouldn't surprise me if he turnt out good somewhere ..there is some talent there how it develops remains to be seen .. 

He makes NFL Throws 

I didn't see him as much as some of our college football gurus but the games I did see there was no in between play, he either looked like a good pro prospect with some really good features or he looked like total junk.

Can't remember which game I watched in which he took a massive beating all game long.

2 hours ago, BrickTamland said:

What do I do to become enamored with this guy?

Are there people here who love him? Has he earned it?

Bryce Petty. Christian Hackenberg. No different than the guy getting sold the pen in wolf of wall street

He's not a current Jets Quarterback.  What do I win?

I'm a huge ND fan and watched almost every game since they've been on every week and want nothing to do with a QB this year at 6. If for some reason they do take a QB there Kizer is probably the most NFL ready and will be a solid backup during his NFL career. 

The fact that we don't have an NFL caliber QB on the roster is that enough of a selling point. 

Funny how everybody here clamors for a pro style QB who is a pocket passer, goes through his progressions, and reads defenses.

And Kizer is all of that but yet he's still not good enough lol

He doesn't play well in hurricanes. 

So we draft a QB in the first or second round a still don't have a starter for 2017. Then what? Jets need to focus on the O-LINE, secondary and RB in the first 2 rounds. Then pick up a QB in later rounds. They need a starter (Vet) for 2017 that's young enough to rebuild. Unless the plan is to go 3-13 next year. Then pick up Kizer, Watson, Trubisky.

Can't do it. Watched alot of ND games and he made bad decisions, threw bad picks in every one.

His name is sure to be pronounced in weird and wondrous ways. 

4 hours ago, KRL said:

Even though Notre Dame has stunk, the thing that's going for Kizer is they ran a pro style offense:

- They huddled

- He took snaps from center

- He's familiar with taking 3, 5 and 7 step drops

- It appeared that he wasn't a "one read" QB, it seemed like he went through progressions

- Good frame and arm strength

With Kizer the scouts can eliminate whether he can do the routine QB "stuff" and concentrate on his

intangibles

I hope we draft him so our coaching staff can scold him for ever thinking he had the requisite ability to play QB in the NFL.

We can then say he'll be redshirted for the year because he needs to work on his mechanical flaws but will refuse to begin work on his flaws until the off-season, because doing such work mid-year is just too much of a task for the coaching staff. When we're then eliminated from the playoffs by week 10, people will start asking if we'll play the kid despite the fact that it's supposed to a redshirt year for him, and we'll make vague references about how he can only get better by playing but then will refuse to play him.

This is how this plays out.

4 hours ago, 20andOut said:

Can't do it. Watched alot of ND games and he made bad decisions, threw bad picks in every one.

His best Reciever this year went on to play Baseball.. and he still threw 26 tds and 9ints .. 

Not experienced or accurate enough, draft Watson