Sell me on Deshone Kizer

BrickTamland

Good arm, wheels and strength. For a kid with a big arm, he also has nice touch. If you were building a QB, he would be fit the build. But he is very raw in my opinion to take early in the first round. That's pretty much my evaluation for 3 or 4 QBs at the top of this draft class. Watson/Trubinsky/Kizer are all capable of becoming NFL QBs. Watson is the only one that has played enough in college to warrant taking early in the 1st and even that would be a gamble imo. 

Even though Notre Dame has stunk, the thing that's going for Kizer is they ran a pro style offense:

- They huddled

- He took snaps from center

- He's familiar with taking 3, 5 and 7 step drops

- It appeared that he wasn't a "one read" QB, it seemed like he went through progressions

- Good frame and arm strength

With Kizer the scouts can eliminate whether he can do the routine QB "stuff" and concentrate on his

intangibles

Prototype Has everything u want in a QB ..from a physical stand point Good Athlete, Big Arm , he makes NFL type throws,  he is very young still learning the game but he is smart went through progressions and played from under center  .. played much better last year before his weapons where stripped this year .. very boom or bust but wouldn't surprise me if he turnt out good somewhere ..there is some talent there how it develops remains to be seen .. 

He makes NFL Throws 

I didn't see him as much as some of our college football gurus but the games I did see there was no in between play, he either looked like a good pro prospect with some really good features or he looked like total junk.

Can't remember which game I watched in which he took a massive beating all game long.

So we draft a QB in the first or second round a still don't have a starter for 2017. Then what? Jets need to focus on the O-LINE, secondary and RB in the first 2 rounds. Then pick up a QB in later rounds. They need a starter (Vet) for 2017 that's young enough to rebuild. Unless the plan is to go 3-13 next year. Then pick up Kizer, Watson, Trubisky.

4 hours ago, KRL said:

Even though Notre Dame has stunk, the thing that's going for Kizer is they ran a pro style offense:

- They huddled

- He took snaps from center

- He's familiar with taking 3, 5 and 7 step drops

- It appeared that he wasn't a "one read" QB, it seemed like he went through progressions

- Good frame and arm strength

With Kizer the scouts can eliminate whether he can do the routine QB "stuff" and concentrate on his

intangibles

I hope we draft him so our coaching staff can scold him for ever thinking he had the requisite ability to play QB in the NFL.

We can then say he'll be redshirted for the year because he needs to work on his mechanical flaws but will refuse to begin work on his flaws until the off-season, because doing such work mid-year is just too much of a task for the coaching staff. When we're then eliminated from the playoffs by week 10, people will start asking if we'll play the kid despite the fact that it's supposed to a redshirt year for him, and we'll make vague references about how he can only get better by playing but then will refuse to play him.

This is how this plays out.

7 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

12 hours ago, 20andOut said:

Can't do it. Watched alot of ND games and he made bad decisions, threw bad picks in every one.

His best Reciever this year went on to play Baseball.. and he still threw 26 tds and 9ints .. 

I saw that 9 int stat someplace else, but I would have sworn that number was higher. Not doubting the number, just saying that is the impression I got. I watched the majority of  ND games this year and it seemed like Kizer always threw a bad pick at a critical moment. As for the receiver, his name is Tori Hunter, and being a good baseball player doesn't make you a bad wide receiver, as any ND fan knows (Samardja)

I am a huge ND fan and have watched every game Kizer has played. I wanted him to be the starter going into 2015. Never understood Kelly's fascination with Malik Zaire. 

He's got the prototype size, speed and strength of an NFL QB. He's run a pro-style offense. His accuracy is above average and his arm strength is about as good as can be and he can put touch on the ball. 

That being said, he needs to work on his decision making. He tends to rush throws from time to time and tries too hard to make plays when the best move is throwing the ball away. This worked out fine in 2015 when he had Will Fuller, who seemingly caught everything, to bail him out but with Fuller gone last year, it showed. 

His problems can be fixed. They are really nothing more than the typical rookie coming into the NFL type of issues. He is more than just a project. 

I would love the Jets to draft him. But I am also high on Trubiskly and Watson. I think all three are gonna be good. I think these three can be another Eli/Big Ben/Rivers type of group. Obviously, you would want the Roethlisberger. I think that is Trubisky. 

4 hours ago, 20andOut said:

I saw that 9 int stat someplace else, but I would have sworn that number was higher. Not doubting the number, just saying that is the impression I got. I watched the majority of  ND games this year and it seemed like Kizer always threw a bad pick at a critical moment. As for the receiver, his name is Tori Hunter, and being a good baseball player doesn't make you a bad wide receiver, as any ND fan knows (Samardja)

Hunter isn't the player Samardja was .. he was legit 1st to 2nd round prospect .. while hunter would have lucky to be drafted at all.. as for his stats there right here 

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/deshone-kizer-1.html

Archived