The problem with every Jets fan...EVER

Clementi49

I will preface this with the simple fact the Jets winning Super Bowls has not done us any favors lately...

But, the problem with all NY Jets fans is they think they know everything before it happens, and there is this trickle down effect to booing at games, putting up billboards, complaining about trivial things...

Lets talk quarterbacks. Ok you have an opinion about Hack or Petty or Watson or Kiser or Trubisky. Great, we all get an opinion. But these players are pre judged by you supposed "fans", spit out 2 games later, and left for dead. We have not seen Hack take the field once, but yet half of you have some notion he sucks. He is set up for failure before he even takes the field as a Jet. If he doesn't throw for 500 yards 4 touchdowns and no interceptions his first two games as a pro, than he is labeled a bust by most on here. The "I told you so crew" comes out in droves and it's really god damn annoying. 

News flash people. You cannot run the team better! Not in this lifetime not in any lifetime. Firing Bowles after 2 seasons is asinine. Extensive search for a gm and head coach for the longjevity of a franchise doesn't end in year 2 because the results weren't SB in his first two years. 

The reason the Jets continual have to go get retread QBs (favre fitz etc) and not draft a young guy and develop him is your fault. You have no patience. Wait I know, it's been 40 something years! We've been patient enough.... I will say this about Mark Sanchez, he had 32 combined TDs in year 3 of his career and he was spit out. You want an Aaron Rodgers type (I do too) but no one is willing to sit through a few 5-11 seasons without "blowing it up" as it's been said on here. What the hell does that even mean anymore??? Jets like all teams are a solid few players away from being a contender. 

Point of this rant being, these players come pre judged and aren't allowed to become great players because of you guys. Not fully your fault , but you sure are a part of it. Let me guess, jet fans would of sat on two terrible Oakland raider years to see Carr flourish finally in year 3 ???? No shot. Sanchez went to back to back championship games and year 3 he had 32 TDs and was tossed aside like he had nothing to do with any of those games...

We will never be great as a team, unless the organization and fans change as a whole. The organization is going in that direction, you all need to grow up too...

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has been proven time and again that yes indeed many fan bases could indeed run things better than the pros.  If you took 100 people from, this site I would guess that 95% of them would have had better drafts than the infamous Idzik 12 pick draft.

As for judging guys like Hackenbrug, what is wrong with fans making a judgement on a player at the same time the team has to make that judgement?

What is the point in not saying a thing about a player for 5 years then having 2000 board members say in unison, Gholston sucks!

You earn trust with your fans, if you have success and do things well you get lots of time, heck if you win a super bowl you get a life time of trust almost.

The New York Jets franchise has spent all of their 'trust capital' years ago, added a bit during rexs 1st two years then spent all of that.

They owe us, we don't owe them.

To all the posters who insist on telling us what kind of fans we are:  You will change nothing.   People have their opinions and will post them.   Maybe this group of "Super Fans"  should start their own website.   One where everything is groovy all the time and The Jets are the bestest team in all of sports. 

15 minutes ago, Clementi49 said:

I will preface this with the simple fact the Jets winning Super Bowls has not done us any favors lately...

But, the problem with all NY Jets fans is they think they know everything before it happens, and there is this trickle down effect to booing at games, putting up billboards, complaining about trivial things...

Lets talk quarterbacks. Ok you have an opinion about Hack or Petty or Watson or Kiser or Trubisky. Great, we all get an opinion. But these players are pre judged by you supposed "fans", spit out 2 games later, and left for dead. We have not seen Hack take the field once, but yet half of you have some notion he sucks. He is set up for failure before he even takes the field as a Jet. If he doesn't throw for 500 yards 4 touchdowns and no interceptions his first two games as a pro, than he is labeled a bust by most on here. The "I told you so crew" comes out in droves and it's really god damn annoying. 

News flash people. You cannot run the team better! Not in this lifetime not in any lifetime. Firing Bowles after 2 seasons is asinine. Extensive search for a gm and head coach for the longjevity of a franchise doesn't end in year 2 because the results weren't SB in his first two years. 

The reason the Jets continual have to go get retread QBs (favre fitz etc) and not draft a young guy and develop him is your fault. You have no patience. Wait I know, it's been 40 something years! We've been patient enough.... I will say this about Mark Sanchez, he had 32 combined TDs in year 3 of his career and he was spit out. You want an Aaron Rodgers type (I do too) but no one is willing to sit through a few 5-11 seasons without "blowing it up" as it's been said on here. What the hell does that even mean anymore??? Jets like all teams are a solid few players away from being a contender. 

Point of this rant being, these players come pre judged and aren't allowed to become great players because of you guys. Not fully your fault , but you sure are a part of it. Let me guess, jet fans would of sat on two terrible Oakland raider years to see Carr flourish finally in year 3 ???? No shot. Sanchez went to back to back championship games and year 3 he had 32 TDs and was tossed aside like he had nothing to do with any of those games...

We will never be great as a team, unless the organization and fans change as a whole. The organization is going in that direction, you all need to grow up too...

I can totally run the team better. 

2 things:

1. Jets fans have nothing to do with how terrible the Jets are no matter how much you want to blame the fans.

2.  I'm 100% positive that if the Jets let me draft, we'd be loaded with talent and set to unseat the Cheaters.  Just give me a bean counter to handle the contract stuff and let me find the talent and the Jets are basically the Steelers in Green and White. 

Just now, JiF said:

2 things:

1. Jets fans have nothing to do with how terrible the Jets are no matter how much you want to blame the fans.

2.  I'm 100% positive that if the Jets let me draft, we'd be loaded with talent and set to unseat the Cheaters.  Just give me a bean counter to handle the contract stuff and let me find the talent and the Jets are basically the Steelers in Green and White. 

Not directly. But add an owner who lets media and fans decide things and then it gets murky

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

2 things:

This team would be LOADADDD w talent w me as GM.

23 minutes ago, Clementi49 said:

The tiny minority of fans who post on forums or call in the sports talk shows are 100% irrelevant to the management of the team.

Only a Fan, with a fans usual lack of self-awareness and objectivity, would think what they say on the phone or post to a forum would in any way affect the team.

Stop inflating own own self-importance.  The team is the team, fans watch it.  That's it.

And before anyone offers up "well, they signed X because....".  No.  They didn't.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

The tiny minority of fans who post on forums or call in the sports talk shows are 100% irrelevant to the management of the team.

Only a Fan, with a fans usual lack of self-awareness and objectivity, would think what they say on the phone or post to a forum would in any way affect the team.

Stop inflating own own self-importance.  The team is the team, fans watch it.  That's it.

And before anyone offers up "well, they signed X because....".  No.  They didn't.

Not with Woody. Which is why he is a bad owner. He didn't hire Doug Marrone because Manish Mehta ripped him

34 minutes ago, Clementi49 said:

oh, **** off.

6 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Not with Woody. Which is why he is a bad owner. He didn't hire Doug Marrone because Manish Mehta ripped him

Can you support the word "because" in this sentence?  Seems like all you could possibly know is a sentence that replaces "because" with "and."  "Because" is conjecture that you've used to fit your narrative.

34 minutes ago, Clementi49 said:

2 things...

1. My behavior or any other fans behavior has no affect on this team. Fans will change when ownership makes decisions like a real businessman. 

2. I run a Jets fan club here in Charlotte NC and get together with over 100 fans each week on most weeks. There are 2-3 guys who are very smart, very understanding of football and in my mind, could GM this team to NO WORSE than where we have been the last several years. Guys who screamed to draft Burfict, not draft Vlad or Amaro etc.  These are guys with great jobs, hi level college education etc.  So I believe there are guys who can do better than what we have had in the GM role.\

Coaching?  Bad argument on your part.  There are better coaches than we have had and they are out there. How "mumbles" Bowles got hired is beyond me.  Can he do better than me?  Not sure but Im confident I could have finished last in the AFC east this year as he did.

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

Just curious why the thread author would be a member or a forum in which others express their ideas and opnions. If reading other people post what they think and would do bothers someone...why would they even participate in this forum?

Signed,

Terrible Jets fan.

He is a Jets fan and you are surprised that he would do something that bothers him?  

Just now, gEYno said:

Can you support the word "because" in this sentence?  Seems like all you could possibly know is a sentence that replaces "because" with "and."  "Because" is conjecture that you've used to fit your narrative.

It is circumstantial evidence that Marrone was almost thought to be lock for Jets head coach (at least according to his agent) and then the Mehta reports came out and all the sudden they kind of fell out of love with him. Supposedly Woody loved Marrone when he was on our staff and the company line is that when he interviewed Marrone, right around the time of the reports, it was reported that Woody thought "He had changed..." 

Michael Kay and LaGreca talked about it yesterday. They sort of didn't buy it.

44 minutes ago, Clementi49 said:

wrong.  100%

There is nothing wrong with opinions, as long as they have some basis in fact and evidence.

I think what Jets fans do is that because "they're the SOJ" they instantly look at it negatively without any consideration. 

"SOJ" is not a fact or something that can be proven. Because in the end, every team has struggled at some point

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

It is circumstantial evidence that Marrone was almost thought to be lock for Jets head coach (at least according to his agent) and then the Mehta reports came out and all the sudden they kind of fell out of love with him. Supposedly Woody loved Marrone when he was on our staff and the company line is that when he interviewed Marrone, right around the time of the reports, it was reported that Woody thought "He had changed..." 

Michael Kay and LaGreca talked about it yesterday. They sort of didn't buy it.

... and Junior Gallette supposedly had a $7M offer from the Bucs when he got cut from the Saints.  He signed with Washington for $745K.

Not only was the former Bills coach ripped by one of his old assistants at Syracuse, but CBS reported Monday that Marrone’s interview with the Jets on Saturday did not go well.

“Marrone failed to close the deal in his interview,” a league source told the Daily News

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/marrone-jets-interview-not-source-article-1.2066844

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

... and Junior Gallette supposedly had a $7M offer from the Bucs when he got cut from the Saints.  He signed with Washington for $745K.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/marrone-jets-interview-not-source-article-1.2066844

Mehta conducted the interview. Poisoned the well. Well, according to a source that's what happened.

49 minutes ago, Clementi49 said:

So as I understand it, you are a Jet fan telling other Jet fans, who think they know everything, how YOU know how all Jet fans think?

Spare me.

52 minutes ago, Clementi49 said:

So, we are basically Fu*ked. Thanks

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

As I said, that is the company line. 

It wasn't Mehta.  It was Bob Casullo.  A guy who coached TEs for the Jets under Woody.   “Self-centered, selfish, greedy,” was how Cassullo described Marrone on ESPN Syracuse. “You’re re-shuffling an egomaniac, less than .500 coach.”  Not sure what the "company line" is supposed to mean.  The guy interviewed.  He did not do well.  He wasn't a "lock."  Any interview would have had to include an explanation as to why he ran out on the Bills.  Tom Gamble was supposed to be a lock for GM.  Where is he now?  

Archived