The problem with every Jets fan...EVER

Clementi49

Just now, JetPotato said:

Every fan base has its share of them. There's always going to be that guy. There's always going to be the drunk cursing up a storm in the stadium with kids around. It isn't unique to the Jets. Once you accept that, you can spend less time fussing over something that means very little to the end product and focus on the thing that truly makes the Jets organization look bad: the Jets organization.

I'm not fussing over it. I'm well past it at this point. But when I see overreactions from fans regarding this current regime it makes me look back on other guys who get tossed aside. Some rightfully, some not rightfully and I shake my head at some of them. That's all. I get that in the end it means very little. Just an observation.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Mecca said:

Tanny's draft resume went to sh*t once Mangini left. 

Sanchez

Coples

Kyle Wilson

Stephen Hill

+ he was a Madden GM always going for flash players rather than youth building. Continuity is the biggest BS in the NFL. If you hired the wrong man, get rid of him. Look at the Rams/Jaguars. Fischer/Bradley have been disasters in the 4-6 years with no upwards trend.

Sanchez was a starting QB on 2 title game teams, that was a great move.  his failure was allowing the talent to leave following 2010 and not surrounding Mark w/ enough talent around him.  he proved he could win w/ decent talent, no one(besides maybe Brady) could win w/ what he had to work w/ in 2012.

and Tannenbaum did make some mistakes but he drafted a lock HOFer in revis, potential HOFers in Mangold and Brick and built multiple SB contending teams.  Oh and he just ended the dolphins long playoff drought too as ours was extended to 6 seasons in the parity era.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

it embarrassed all of us, we are all jet fans and all lumped together.  

Yup. Others fans were laughing at us about that. We were the joke of the league during that stretch. Some people don't realize the perception. Once again, all fanbases have people like that. But I think our fanbase is more prone to overreactions due to the media market we live in.

30 minutes ago, Mecca said:

Those two years of drafting might have been the worst drafting I've ever seen. I worked as a writer for scout before JI bought them hose two years and remember being puzzled at almost every selection. 

Those weren't just bad drafts, they were all time bad drafts. 

The plan wasn't bad, it was how it was executed.

Yup, I remember being horrified at our Wr class except for Enunwa, I hate the Saunders and Evans picks.

As bad as this sounds one pick I actually give him credit for is Geno Smith.  He let the draft come to him, resisted temptation to over draft the guy and did not even trade up for him.

25 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Yup. Others fans were laughing at us about that. We were the joke of the league during that stretch. Some people don't realize the perception. Once again, all fanbases have people like that. But I think our fanbase is more prone to overreactions due to the media market we live in.

Serious question: why in the world do you care what complete strangers, who are fans of other teams, think of you? Not even you, but of a banner that some other individuals paid for? Nevermind that lack of reality around being "the joke of the league".

3 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Serious question: why in the world do you care what complete strangers, who are fans of other teams, think of you? Not even you, but of a banner that some other individuals paid for? Nevermind that lack of reality around being "the joke of the league".

Once again, it's just an observation. We're on a message board discussing topics. That's all. It's not affecting my life negatively. It's just something I noticed and shook my head at as I had to deal with all the jokes regarding it from family, friends, and what not.

5 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Because there is so much noise about it, that it gets hard to tune out. Imagine 10 million people saying "Your team sucks" at you.

Back in the day, you were shielded from that because there was no way to hear it. Now there's ESPN and social media

23 hours ago, nyjunc said:

NE hasn't been good for 30 years

NYG hasn't

Pitt has mostly

Dallas hasn't

Denver has mostly

Seattle hasn't

bal/Cle hasn't

Green Bay hasn't(for last 20+)

23 hours ago, nyjunc said:

The real dilemma is the fact that teams are like the US economy. Some up years some down years.

15 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

I'm not embarrassed. You can keep saying it, but it doesn't make it true. I'm not lumped with any of you. Thank God.

personally I don't walk around embarrassed but unfortunately I am lumped in w/ our fanbase which is embarrassing.  I don't boo at games, I don't waste money flying banners, I don't call for coaches to be fired after one bad season, I don't call for players to be released b/c they had a bad game, I don't quit like you guys do but we are all lumped in together.

3 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Because there is so much noise about it, that it gets hard to tune out. Imagine 10 million people saying "Your team sucks" at you.

Back in the day, you were shielded from that because there was no way to hear it. Now there's ESPN and social media

Let me get you a tissue.

On 1/10/2017 at 3:36 PM, Clementi49 said:

News flash people. You cannot run the team better! Not in this lifetime not in any lifetime. Firing Bowles after 2 seasons is asinine. Extensive search for a gm and head coach for the longjevity of a franchise doesn't end in year 2 because the results weren't SB in his first two years. 

We will never be great as a team, unless the organization and fans change as a whole. The organization is going in that direction, you all need to grow up too...

You give people with titles too much credit. Sport execs are like any other segment of the population, few winners lots of losers. While merit is a part of life networking and luck often go further. Rex Ryan is not a special talent he's simply part of the lucky sperm club like Woody Johnson is. Fans have little to do with the situation. A poor owner who continually hires poor administrators who hire poor coaches and sign and draft poor players is why the Jets are who they are. People who know how to do their job aren't worried about fans. Do your job right and fans are happy. 

6 hours ago, peebag said:

uh - you're wrong - the merger occurred back in 1966 and it was forced due to the two leagues not wanting to get into a bidding war over the draft..  

Really. I beg to differ. But in cases like this I just consider the source.

13 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

No one was laughing at us.  No one gives a shlt about other teams fan bases.  Another thing too many hear fear and imagine.    

6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

No one was laughing at us.  No one gives a shlt about other teams fan bases.  Another thing too many hear fear and imagine.    

Once again, dont fearing anything. It's not a big deal, just an observation but other fanbases were absolutely laughing at us. Rival teams and what not. They absolutely were during that stretch. Luckily for us, a lot of our rivals have their own problems most years anyway. But we were mocked.

1 hour ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Once again, dont fearing anything. It's not a big deal, just an observation but other fanbases were absolutely laughing at us. Rival teams and what not. They absolutely were during that stretch. Luckily for us, a lot of our rivals have their own problems most years anyway. But we were mocked.

It's not an observation of different fanbases. At best it's a couple of friends who root for other teams, it's not an observation like all Steeler fans, all Browns fans etc mocking anyone.  Rivals don't count, we do it automatically, whether it's deserved or not.  Please stop with the woe is me shlt

37 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

It's not an observation of different fanbases. At best it's a couple of friends who root for other teams, it's not an observation like all Steeler fans, all Browns fans etc mocking anyone.  Rivals don't count, we do it automatically, whether it's deserved or not.  Please stop with the woe is me shlt

Once again, it's not woe is me. This is a message board where we have nothing else to talk about besides Jets related topics. I don't particularly care about it anymore. It's an observation of the way we were perceived during that time. Rivals do count because that stuff gives them ammo.

And even if it was only friends and co-workers. Who cares? Those are the people I interact with.

It's not the end of the world, but I was embarrassed by it. And I wanted idzik gone. But it was still stupid. That is all.

3 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Once again, it's not woe is me. This is a message board where we have nothing else to talk about besides Jets related topics. I don't particularly care about it anymore. It's an observation of the way we were perceived during that time. Rivals do count because that stuff gives them ammo.

And even if it was only friends and co-workers. Who cares? Those are the people I interact with.

It's not the end of the world, but I was embarrassed by it. And I wanted idzik gone. But it was still stupid. That is all.

Listen, I travel all over.  Watch games in bars on the road.  Never heard what youre claiming is common place.  Sorry, not buying it any more than mindless smack, which we all do to each teams fanbase.  Nothing out of the ordinary. Stop being embarrassed.  That's embarrasdin 

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Listen, I travel all over.  Watch games in bars on the road.  Never heard what youre claiming is common place.  Sorry, not buying it any more than mindless smack, which we all do to each teams fanbase.  Nothing out of the ordinary. Stop being embarrassed.  That's embarrasdin 

I'm not saying Minnesota Vikings fans are laugh at us. I'm mainly talking about the New York metropolitan area where the Jets are used as a punching bag. And at times I truly believe our fanbase likes being miserable and looking for reasons to complain and people to whine and moan about. There's a lot that goes into it. Maybe embarrassed isn't the best word. More like really annoyed by it. Which as fans we're all entitled to be at certain things our teams/fans do. Winning solves all. But I hate irrational logic.

On 1/12/2017 at 11:59 PM, peebag said:

That was mighty passive aggressive of you.....

anyhoo - here's a history lesson for you...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81206b90/article/the-aflnfl-merger-was-almost-booted-by-a-kicker

That's pretty funny kid. I don't know how old you are but its easy to find things on the net that support even the silliest of conclusions. I lived those years my friend. Yes the merger was talked about for years. Talks did begin in late 1964 and were still ongoing in '66. The NFL dragged their heels for years on a merger. They would have gone on for as long as they could because they wanted to wait out the AFL's deal with NBC. When the Jets beat the Colts it forced the NFL to finally honor all those talks and merge. That is what happened and no 4 paragraph vague scratch the surface story can do it justice. You keep living in that I believe anything I read on the net world though. Let me know how that works out for ya.

On 1/13/2017 at 0:29 AM, jeremy2020 said:

Hey, leave him alone. Folks in their 60s like that fake news.

Another jack-ass who believes everything they read on the net. Take it easy snowflake. I wouldn't want the facts to trigger you so you would require a safe zone to post from. It will be okay though. Take comfort in the fact that you have mountain dew in the fridge and your x-box is close.

Archived