The problem with every Jets fan...EVER

Clementi49

why waste time on a ludicrous topic. The fans have no effect on the quality of the team except that the owners have been fans too. As someone who has been a fan since they were the Titans and Al Dorow was tossing to Don Maynard I can say without hesitation I have not been responsible for any win nor any loss. John Hess (Leon's son) was convinced that when they hired Parcells there would be champion flags flying-he too was a fan and unlike the fans on this forum may have had some slight influence on ownership decisions. Enough said

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, TheSage said:

why waste time on a ludicrous topic. The fans have no effect on the quality of the team except that the owners have been fans too. As someone who has been a fan since they were the Titans and Al Dorow was tossing to Don Maynard I can say without hesitation I have not been responsible for any win nor any loss. John Hess (Leon's son) was convinced that when they hired Parcells there would be champion flags flying-he too was a fan and unlike the fans on this forum may have had some slight influence on ownership decisions. Enough said

Less ludicrous topics were becoming boring.

37 minutes ago, JiF said:

2 things:

1. Jets fans have nothing to do with how terrible the Jets are no matter how much you want to blame the fans.

2.  I'm 100% positive that if the Jets let me draft, we'd be loaded with talent and set to unseat the Cheaters.  Just give me a bean counter to handle the contract stuff and let me find the talent and the Jets are basically the Gators in Green and White. 

fixed :P

10 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

There is nothing wrong with opinions, as long as they have some basis in fact and evidence.

I think what Jets fans do is that because "they're the SOJ" they instantly look at it negatively without any consideration. 

"SOJ" is not a fact or something that can be proven. Because in the end, every team has struggled at some point

You struggle.

3 minutes ago, TheSage said:

The moral is simple: if we all had better opinions of the moves they made over the years, then said moves would have turned out better. Duh.

19 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Just curious why the thread author would be a member or a forum in which others express their ideas and opnions. If reading other people post what they think and would do bothers someone...why would they even participate in this forum?

Signed,

Terrible Jets fan.

17 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

He is a Jets fan and you are surprised that he would do something that bothers him?  

Its really a circle jerk debate...  if you enjoy football, why do you root for the JETS???  See the dilemma?:D

1 hour ago, Clementi49 said:

I will preface this with the simple fact the Jets winning Super Bowls has not done us any favors lately...

But, the problem with all NY Jets fans is they think they know everything before it happens, and there is this trickle down effect to booing at games, putting up billboards, complaining about trivial things...

Lets talk quarterbacks. Ok you have an opinion about Hack or Petty or Watson or Kiser or Trubisky. Great, we all get an opinion. But these players are pre judged by you supposed "fans", spit out 2 games later, and left for dead. We have not seen Hack take the field once, but yet half of you have some notion he sucks. He is set up for failure before he even takes the field as a Jet. If he doesn't throw for 500 yards 4 touchdowns and no interceptions his first two games as a pro, than he is labeled a bust by most on here. The "I told you so crew" comes out in droves and it's really god damn annoying. 

News flash people. You cannot run the team better! Not in this lifetime not in any lifetime. Firing Bowles after 2 seasons is asinine. Extensive search for a gm and head coach for the longjevity of a franchise doesn't end in year 2 because the results weren't SB in his first two years. 

The reason the Jets continual have to go get retread QBs (favre fitz etc) and not draft a young guy and develop him is your fault. You have no patience. Wait I know, it's been 40 something years! We've been patient enough.... I will say this about Mark Sanchez, he had 32 combined TDs in year 3 of his career and he was spit out. You want an Aaron Rodgers type (I do too) but no one is willing to sit through a few 5-11 seasons without "blowing it up" as it's been said on here. What the hell does that even mean anymore??? Jets like all teams are a solid few players away from being a contender. 

Point of this rant being, these players come pre judged and aren't allowed to become great players because of you guys. Not fully your fault , but you sure are a part of it. Let me guess, jet fans would of sat on two terrible Oakland raider years to see Carr flourish finally in year 3 ???? No shot. Sanchez went to back to back championship games and year 3 he had 32 TDs and was tossed aside like he had nothing to do with any of those games...

We will never be great as a team, unless the organization and fans change as a whole. The organization is going in that direction, you all need to grow up too...

I agree that there are a lot of posters with a shockingly poor attitude who you wouldn't want running any ship. There's also a lot of posters who claim they could be better GM's who will never put themselves in a position to have to back it up.

I also agree that there are posters who have little to no patience and would be surprised if they could build anything themselves except their bitterness.

But overall these people are the extreme types who represent very little of the fan base. IMO, the media might try and frame NYJ fans as this dysfunctional type but in reality 99% have more going on in their life than the NYJ's.

The teams inability to put together a winning quality culture that endures is on the team and those chosen to create that culture. Fans have no effect on that, no matter how many posts they have on a forum.

11 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

There is nothing wrong with opinions, as long as they have some basis in fact and evidence.

I think what Jets fans do is that because "they're the SOJ" they instantly look at it negatively without any consideration. 

"SOJ" is not a fact or something that can be proven. Because in the end, every team has struggled at some point

Must be tough being a Steelers, Sea Hawk, Pats, Giants, Packer..   Etc fan.

Struggled at some point, not all the time. The SOJ is just a reflection of Reality not the other way round.

28 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Not with Woody. Which is why he is a bad owner. He didn't hire Doug Marrone because Manish Mehta ripped him

Yes, and if you wish upon a star and hope, and dream and pray and hope, then I am sure our GM will sign whomever you want snowflake.

But you have to post what you want at least 3,000 times, minimum.

(which, if it were true, means we're signing Glennon because :Villian:)

Regardless if you go to games or sit home and watch the football performance sucks, the off season management decisions suck as well we as fans cant change any of this we can only gather on a message board and argue and fight with eachother as a release. 

Heres to hoping like hell that in our lifetimes we get a Super Bowl victory or even a few we are the most resilient fans in the NFL. 

Just now, BurnleyJet said:

Must be tough being a Steelers, Sea Hawk, Pats, Giants, Packer..   Etc fan.

Struggled at some point, not all the time. The SOJ is just a reflection of Reality not the other way round.

Jets haven't struggled all the time either.  Their two main struggling points were the 70s and the late 80s into the mid 90s.

Just now, BurnleyJet said:

Although we've not sniffed a SB since the 60's. It's about success, to spell it out. They have it we don't hence SOJ.

Depends on what your definition of success is. 

Winning records? Jets have had that, just last year.

Making the playoffs? Jets have done that a lot to. They have the most playoff wins of any team not to reach the Super Bowl since the merger.

Winning the Super Bowl? There you may be right, but then by that logic 31 teams fail each year.

1 minute ago, BurnleyJet said:

Although we've not sniffed a SB since the 60's. It's about success, to spell it out. They have it we don't hence SOJ.

SOJ is about failing in the most epic ways possible. Most teams that don't win it all, fade away quietly after a bad year. The Jets either combust and go down like the Hindenburg right from day 1...  or lead everyone on, including themselves, sniff success, and then cut their nose off... light in on fire... brew the ashes into coffee... drink it... piss it out into wind and involuntarily shower themselves with failure piss.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Depends on what your definition of success is. 

Winning records? Jets have had that, just last year.

Making the playoffs? Jets have done that a lot to. They have the most playoff wins of any team not to reach the Super Bowl since the merger.

Winning the Super Bowl? There you may be right, but then by that logic 31 teams fail each year.

Success = Having as much unprotected sex with hookers as possible without contracting any of the "bad" STDs. 

14 minutes ago, The Walrus said:

I agree that there are a lot of posters with a shockingly poor attitude who you wouldn't want running any ship. There's also a lot of posters who claim they could be better GM's who will never put themselves in a position to have to back it up.

I also agree that there are posters who have little to no patience and would be surprised if they could build anything themselves except their bitterness.

But overall these people are the extreme types who represent very little of the fan base. IMO, the media might try and frame NYJ fans as this dysfunctional type but in reality 99% have more going on in their life than the NYJ's.

The teams inability to put together a winning quality culture that endures is on the team and those chosen to create that culture. Fans have no effect on that, no matter how many posts they have on a forum.

**** you!  I matter!  :cry:

42 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

lol

"Lol" huh?

What I find amusing is, how hard could it actually be to;

Draft poorly? Overpay for veterans with bad attitudes? Hire the wrong HC? And build a roster that has gaping holes at between 12-15 starting positions?

I could do better...

1 minute ago, bealeb319 said:

We could have drafted luck and half the forum would have found a way to make it seem like it was a bad move and tell us all about how we should have drafted Russel Wilson with the number one overall pick.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

This is probably true. I hate you guys. 

I enjoy being a Monday morning QB. And this sight is full of opinions. That's what it's supposed to be for. Although I don't agree with everybody on here.....Then again I don't always even agree with myself. I find it to be a very entertaining site. That's why I'm here. 

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

**** you!  I matter!  :cry:

Of course you do, we all have some emotional skin in the game.

But when it comes to team culture, decisions or morale, the guy who makes sure the locker room crapper is clean before every game has more influence on team performance than posting on a forum does.

2 hours ago, JiF said:

2 things:

1. Jets fans have nothing to do with how terrible the Jets are no matter how much you want to blame the fans.

2.  I'm 100% positive that if the Jets let me draft, we'd be loaded with talent and set to unseat the Cheaters.  Just give me a bean counter to handle the contract stuff and let me find the talent and the Jets are basically the Steelers in Green and White. 

Me and Southpark can run your cap and handle contracts.

There is so much public information out there that a fan that gets informed can draft better than more than a few teams. What we can't know is what the motivations the player has.  And guess what, neither can the GMs.  Players are coached during the draft process so well.

That said, a lot of Jets fans know how well our draft class is going to work out well before preseason.  Sure there are a few surprises (Enunwa), any fan being honest with themselves questioned McDougle, Hackenberg, etc.  There are so many draft sites out there that when you look at the consensus, you know the flaws of each of these players like Gholston, Coples, Ducasse, etc. And therefore when these shortcomings pop up, the writing is on the wall.

And with Hack, I get it that they had a plan to "red shirt" him.  The problem is that when both HC and GM are on a scolding hot seat with a disaster at QB, they refused to play him.  Plans change when the situation calls for it.  I mean how much worse could it be?  Apparently much worse.

8 minutes ago, Pcola said:

Me and Southpark can run your cap and handle contracts.

There is so much public information out there that a fan that gets informed can draft better than more than a few teams. What we can't know is what the motivations the player has.  And guess what, neither can the GMs.  Players are coached during the draft process so well.

That said, a lot of Jets fans know how well our draft class is going to work out well before preseason.  Sure there are a few surprises (Enunwa), any fan being honest with themselves questioned McDougle, Hackenberg, etc.  There are so many draft sites out there that when you look at the consensus, you know the flaws of each of these players like Gholston, Coples, Ducasse, etc. And therefore when these shortcomings pop up, the writing is on the wall.

And with Hack, I get it that they had a plan to "red shirt" him.  The problem is that when both HC and GM are on a scolding hot seat with a disaster at QB, they refused to play him.  Plans change when the situation calls for it.  I mean how much worse could it be?  Apparently much worse.

I want in the personnel and scouting department.

Archived