Has this team even interviewed a single OC Candidate???

jmat321

All I've heard is that Philly rejected the Jets request to interview their QB coach.  No word on any other candidates, internal or external.  Decent amount of "names" available (Turner, McCoy, Roman), not one connected to the Jets via the media.  Not seeing a sense of urgency here. UNLESS the Jets are making calls, and nobody wants to touch the job.  

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, jmat321 said:

All I've heard is that Philly rejected the Jets request to interview their QB coach.  No word on any other candidates, internal or external.  Decent amount of "names" available (Turner, McCoy, Roman), not one connected to the Jets via the media.  Not seeing a sense of urgency here. UNLESS the Jets are making calls, and nobody wants to touch the job.  

There are several alternatives:

1. The Jets are waiting for candidates that are on current playoff teams

2. The Jets are conducting interviews and they've kept it quiet (i.e. the Wilkerson extension)

3. The candidates are looking at HC jobs first before coordinator jobs.

To me the answer is 3.

5 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

Ding ding ding!!!!

Todd's like - "hey -insert OC name- I'm calling about our vacancy.  I really think...

Random OC; "click"

Todd: "hello, hello, are you there?"

Just now, JiF said:

Ding ding ding!!!!

Todd's like - "hey -insert OC name- I'm calling about our vacancy.  I really think...

Random OC; "click"

This is an example of the what the previous thread was talking about. You have no proof of that. Yet you jump directly to the negative, despite no proof

10 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

Lol, points and laughs at a typical derpy overreaction and inappropriate impatience.

"Urgency".  LOL!

16 minutes ago, JiF said:

Ding ding ding!!!!

Random OC; "click"

I don't think this is what is going on, but this reminds me of a scene from Major League where the call the guy to offer him the manager job, and he asked if he could put him on hold because he had a guy on the other line wanted to buy new tires.

13 minutes ago, Joejet said:

How many people knew we were interviewing Hurtt before he was hired?  This management team seems to be able to keep things quiet.

The Jets keep things quiet, but for a higher profile job like OC, I'd expect any candidate's reps to leak their interest to get their names out there for other gigs.

I'm sure it didn't come from the Jets, but we knew about the interest in DiFillipo about 20 seconds after Gaiey "retired".

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

The Jets keep things quiet, but for a higher profile job like OC, I'd expect any candidate's reps to leak their interest to get their names out there for other gigs.

I'm sure it didn't come from the Jets, but we knew about the interest in DiFillipo about 20 seconds after Gaiey "retired".

Good point.

2 years ago on the HC opening, lots of names flying around, knew who was coming in, etc.

Sorry, just not buying the idea of the FO keeping things quiet.  Hearing chatter about coordinator positions in a few other spots.  

They may very well be (and probably are) waiting for somebody to get eliminated and become available, which means it would likely be a rookie OC as I doubt any established OC would make a lateral move for the same job to a team w/o a QB on the roster.

I expected a big push for Norv or McCoy but looks less likely at this point.

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

They may very well be (and probably are) waiting for somebody to get eliminated and become available, which means it would likely be a rookie OC as I doubt any established OC would make a lateral move for the same job to a team w/o a QB on the roster.

I expected a big push for Norv or McCoy but looks less likely at this point.

Didn't the Vikings let Norv's son go today? They could come in as a package deal, Norv OC, son QB coach. 

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

This is an example of the what the previous thread was talking about. You have no proof of that. Yet you jump directly to the negative, despite no proof

No proof but probably deadly accurate.  Except maybe the OC would let Todd down a little softer.  I mean, who the **** would want to run an offense with no QB, a shaky OL, a lame duck Head Coach and 2 diva WR's that think they run the team and one of them is a ticking time bomb.

You need to lighten up.  That was funny and you should laugh at it because that's what the Jets are...a joke.  So you laugh at them and make it fun of how bad they are.  I didnt make it this way, I wish it were different but this the life of a Jets fan.  I'm negative because they dont give you a reason to be a positive.  

Maybe you're new to this?  That might explain a lot.

6 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

I would think it's because the guys they want are waiting to see if they get head coaching gigs first?   

Maybe, but there are qualified candidates that you talk to now, no need to wait.  Roman, Turner, McCoy - not a peep on any of these guys.  Certainly would be a good idea to call some of these guys and bring them in while you wait for "your" guy.  My guess is that nobody wants this job.  We'll wind up promoting the WR coach.  

4 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

Maybe, but there are qualified candidates that you talk to now, no need to wait.  Roman, Turner, McCoy - not a peep on any of these guys.  Certainly would be a good idea to call some of these guys and bring them in while you wait for "your" guy.  My guess is that nobody wants this job.  We'll wind up promoting the WR coach.  

I think Sanjay Lal is available :-)

I read somewhere I believe it was the Jet press but don't quote me that the jets are currently waiting for the chiefs season to end so that they can talk to Brad Childress there OC about the job... The sense is that he's sick of being on Andy Reid's leash and wants to call plays himself,  I would be all for Childress coming to NY, he's done wonders with Smith,  of course Reid will get all the credit but regardless still would like him. 

Archived